Old Dominion (2/28/15)

CMJ

I drove from Austin (leaving at 10;45) to Denton (arriving at 4;30) yesterday and other than slower traffic starting at Alvarado I experienced no problems. I live in south Denton and the ice on my driveway, and on my street, is melting. I have no idea about other areas in Denton but I am going to the game. Accuweather says it is 28 with an expected high of 34 and Weather Underground says it is 32 with an expected high of 35.

I drove from Austin (leaving at 10;45) to Denton (arriving at 4;30) yesterday and other than slower traffic starting at Alvarado I experienced no problems. I live in south Denton and the ice on my driveway, and on my street, is melting. I have no idea about other areas in Denton but I am going to the game. Accuweather says it is 28 with an expected high of 34 and Weather Underground says it is 32 with an expected high of 35.

It'll melt, I was just driving from the UNT area to the Square for donuts and a lot of the hills and side streets were bad. Eagle is especially bad by the cemetery and the 33N building. It should be better later, it's already starting to break.

I'm not driving from Fot Worth. Have fun, boys.

Yeah man, i'm disappointed because this was going to be my first game in a while but no way i'm driving in this mess. If you are close, go, but those of us who don't live in Denton aren't going to able to get there in any reasonable amount of time.

From Steve McCauley:

Temperatures will only S-L-O-W-L-Y rise for the rest of the day getting above freezing by 2 PM in the SE Metroplex but not until 10 PM for the NW sections in Denton County. Therefore the NW sections of the Metroplex will continue to have light frozen precipitation on and off through the evening, while the SE half will just have plain drizzle and spotty rain showers this evening.

Wish I was to but my bleeping hybrid won't start.... Waiting for a jump from roadside. Where I'm at cant make jumpers reach from wives car to mine...AGGGGGG everyone else please post updates of 35 as you travel it please.

I'm heading out to Denton at around 3:00 from Arlington, so I guess I'll have to find out firsthand how icy it is. I don't want to miss the last home game until November. Oh, If anyone living within a few miles of a reasonable Arlington to Denton route has a couple of spare tickets that they're not using, I'd be more than happy to put them to use.

Edited by risinggreen
  • Upvote 1

Coming out firing!! This looks like a completely different team than the one I watched live with my eyes vs Creighton. Seem motivated, locked in Defensively, almost don't recognize them.. I like it! Pretty good turn out for such crappy weather!