Old Dominion (2/28/15)

CMJ

Umm.... We made 5 shots in the second half.. Sure Jordan was tired chasing Freeman around all night. If Deandre would have hustled off taken his coaching sat down and been ready to play then we would have had an extra sub. Instead he pouted, argued, continued arguing, then sat down during a full timeout on the bench. Multiple teammates tried getting him re engaged, to no avail. Several assistant coaches tried, then as one was walking him to the team huddle he shoved the assistant. Ridiculous... off my soapbox. Bottom line we got our teeth kicked in, inside the paint, and on offensive production. Period. ODU looks to be returning to form

• Upvote 1

Yep...wondering about that...tough to see that, but probably just frustration. Maybe something with Harris...pretty much road the pine in the second half. Maybe Vito will shed some light on it...maybe not.

But, thanks to all those who braved the icy roads and cold weather to attend. Chatted with Marshall and Emmitt who came up from Dallas...saw several others I know who live south of the lake. Making that drive was obviously no fun. But, they made the trek for senior day. Pretty fair crowd given the weather and road conditions. Really do appreciate everyone who came for the seniors. Good to see Collin's parents in the house for senior day and all the other parents and friends.

Willie Davis in the house as well.

• Upvote 4

Umm.... We made 5 shots in the second half.. Sure Jordan was tired chasing Freeman around all night. If Deandre would have hustled off taken his coaching sat down and been ready to play then we would have had an extra sub. Instead he pouted, argued, continued arguing, then sat down during a full timeout on the bench. Multiple teammates tried getting him re engaged, to no avail. Several assistant coaches tried, then as one was walking him to the team huddle he shoved the assistant. Ridiculous... off my soapbox. Bottom line we got our teeth kicked in, inside the paint, and on offensive production. Period. ODU looks to be returning to form

Everyone needs to just keep a level head. I know basketball is different than football. In basketball emotions lead to technical fouls and benching. Football the players can take their aggression and frustration out on the field. They guys need to get it together and be a team. People have off days. Hoping for better against UTEP.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Yep...wondering about that...tough to see that, but probably just frustration. Maybe something with Harris...pretty much road the pine in the second half. Maybe Vito will shed some light on it...maybe not.

But, thanks to all those who braved the icy roads and cold weather to attend. Chatted with Marshall and Emmitt who came up from Dallas...saw several others I know who live south of the lake. Making that drive was obviously no fun. But, they made the trek for senior day. Pretty fair crowd given the weather and road conditions. Really do appreciate everyone who came for the seniors. Good to see Collin's parents in the house for senior day and all the other parents and friends.

Willie Davis in the house as well.

Agreed and a pretty good job by the AD/OPS staff to get the area around the Pit reasonably safe to get in and out.

Is Harris the new locker room cancer?

I'm fine with having one player with issues handleing their emotions. I think every team has one. I think the issue is when you have 3,4, or 5 of them. I would be interested in hearing about this altercation in the tunnel after the game. We need these guys to finish strong. We will need Combs and Harris bad next season! Hoping combs can shrug off the last few bad games and deandre can get it going and stay in the coaches good grace. We need a bench this season and these guys to show up next season.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Is Harris the new locker room cancer?

In his case, yes. Kid is a hot head. During pre-game warmups he took a three and, as he came down, his momentum took him backward into a staffer who was walking by. The staffer apologized...Harris mean mugged him and told him "watch where you're going!" I honestly thought he might jump bad.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We lost this game due to Benford's stupidity (imagine that). With 11 minutes to go in the 2nd half we were in the double bonus...We only had 3 team fouls at that time. Benford did not demand the ball to go into the paint. As a matter of fact I don't think he literally called a designed play to get the ball down on the block. We had 11 minutes to grind down and get free throws at will. INSTEAD...we took mostly bad perimeter shots after windshield wiping the basketball for about 30 seconds. Kind of pathetic. Actually, it is pathetic.

Also, call me crazy, Jeremy Combs needs to shoot the ball way more than 4 times. I know he isn't quite a create his own shot type of player at this point in his young career, but he needed more touches. We started shooting too many 3's almost right when we hit the double bonus...boneheaded. I just don't get it. I don't get the incompetence of this coaching staff to simply do things that needs to be done during key situational moments of basketball games. We shot 28 free throws....could have easily been 40, easily.

Well then kick Deandre Harris off the damn basketball team if he's such a problem. Deandre is a good player...but he's a "me" oriented person and that is obvious going simply off of his on court play. I don't like "me" players, I want team players. I want players that don't want to be put in the game when the current 5 out there is lighting it up. I want a guy that will pass the damn ball in a fast break. If the dude is an idiot then get him away from the ones trying to be teammates. Still can't believe this game. Coach blew this one...coach did, not players. This was bad, bad coaching.

• Upvote 1