Prairie View A&M (12/23/14)

CMJ

Benford is pretty pissed at the players. Agreed CMJ...impressive postgame

Funny, I thought just the opposite.

A coach doesn't say it's his fault in one breath and then turn around and blame his players literally in the same sentence.

One of the weirdest post game interviews I've heard. It's like he was trying really really hard to sound like a coach...

Just my take.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Plain and simple, when a team is hitting shots we can't keep up. Doesn't matter who they are. We don't have the firepower. Our strategy has been to try and make the games ugly and use our zone to keep the ball out of the paint and force jumpers. Problem is, those jumpers have been open all year for the other team, just a matter of whether or not they're hitting them. Offensively we're just bad.

Good points. I'll add that our inside scoring is nonexistent! We have no one who can score with their back to the basket (no post players at all).

Edited by GMoney

I redact my statement about our free throws improving as the season goes on!

Free throws..... Terrible

Rebounding...... Terrible

Shooting percentage..... Terrible

Defense....... Terrible

A bad night all around. I don't care if it's the coach or the players. We need to go into tech with our heads up and win!

Our zone defense is impressive at times and then flat at others. We really need to change it up and run some man, press and then throw some zone in there to keep teams on their feet. Pathetic game tonight and not a lot of excuses. Looks like 6-6 in OOC play is very possible now.

In order to turn this thing around we need to change it up on defense and have consistency on offense. The season is far from over and other conference opponents have had bad losses. This is our one bad loss for the year. Another against someone like marshall, rice or UTSA will end our season.

• Upvote 1

First loss I could find against a SWAC team since 12/3/03, a 75-58 away loss to Southern.

First loss I could find against a SWAC team at home since 12/4/89, a 83-66 loss to Texas Southern (granted we did not play SWAC teams as frequently in the 1990s.

My caveat is I literally just skimmed past schedules. Nothing scientific so I could have missed something.

To Andrew:

Stop.

To Andrew:

This shit is a dumpster fire. Almost blow a 30 point 2nd half lead just to turn around and lose to the deaf and dumb of Prairie View A and freaking M.

How in the love of God is RV expecting to keep his job? How? I am subconsciously rooting against all things UNT sports until this clown is gone. He makes over 200k a year and is quite frankly doing a piss poor job. The 5 year contract shouldn't have happened, ever. We are stuck losing to the likes of tonight and Alabama-Huntsville until both are gone. RV puts no pressure on Mac in football either. Want to know how I know...Canales is still here. Any program serious about athletics would hip check their OC off campus after a 113th ranked offense type season. RV puts no pressure on coaches, none. Prez S has to step in, he just has to. It's getting pathetic.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

Remember when the previous coach used to emphasize free throws and it won us some games. Those were the days

Can you enlighten us in the difference between JJ and Benford when it comes to free throws? I would love the information here...

There are vast differences in offensive schemes and defenses between the two coaches.

Free throws.... I would really love the information you have to share from first hand experience in this one.

• Upvote 1