Skladany to retire at end of season

Green Crazy

Vote for me for Defensive Coordinator! I don't have a clue about running a college defense, but I did convert a window to a door at my house last year.

You have my vote. By doing the conversion yourself, you have shown you have guts and is not scared to try something new. You saw a window, and improved your situaton by looking forward and seeing a door there. You could have paid someone to do it, but you have an aggressive quailty about you to be decissive and did the job.

It’s been said that when God closes a door, he opens a window. I've often been confused by this saying, as a window is much smaller than a door, providing significantly less room in which to maneuver and decidedly less practical functionality when compared to its larger edificial counterpart.

Just to clear up the confusion: I always close the door to the bathroom and open a window. I think that's what He may have been referring to.

• Upvote 4

Damn, that is a solid platform.

You could always run as an independent or on the Green Party.

I don't know if you'd run well against a "Green" candidate, though. I think the deck would be stacked against you what with the team nickname and then the puns about being a "green" campus. You'd be better off if he ran as an independent.

I am officially announcing my candidacy for the Defensive Coordinator position at the University of North Texas. If you vote for me, I will make all your wildest dreams come true.

Part of my platform is that I promise to only contribute half of my campaign funds into negative ads and mudslinging. The other half of my campaign donations will go to party burritos and tacos from Taco Bueno. Of which, I will then make an agreement with Taco Bueno that for everyone in attendance will get a free taco or burrito from Taco Bueno if we win by more than 1 point.

We do get voted into these positions by the fans right?

I really miss Taco Bueno. They don't have that junk in Boise.

Your mudslinging practically writes itself. Imagine ending your campaign ads like this:

" . . . Of which, I will then make an agreement with Taco Bueno that for everyone in attendance will get a free taco or burrito from Taco Bueno if we win by more than 1 point. And we as Texans all know the only people that don't like tacos are yankees . . . and *insert opponent name* is anti-taco. You do the math."

Then sign off with "I'm Travis and I approve this message" or somesuch.

• Upvote 1

It speaks volumes to me about the status of the program when he'd throw in the towel before the end of the season. (Unless he told Mac and the players before the season started.) Very sad departure no matter what.

I don't know about the players, but it's clear he told Coach Mac before the season started. Coach Mac and the A.D. probably wanted to announce it now so he could be given a proper sendoff at his final home and overall games.

• Upvote 3

I don't know about the players, but it's clear he told Coach Mac before the season started. Coach Mac and the A.D. probably wanted to announce it now so he could be given a proper sendoff at his final home and overall games.

Or maybe to increase the pool of potential candidates? Not really cynical; I think many would question whether we've conducted sufficiently thorough searches for coaches.

Your mudslinging practically writes itself. Imagine ending your campaign ads like this:

" . . . Of which, I will then make an agreement with Taco Bueno that for everyone in attendance will get a free taco or burrito from Taco Bueno if we win by more than 1 point. And we as Texans all know the only people that don't like tacos are yankees . . . and *insert opponent name* is anti-taco. You do the math."

Then sign off with "I'm Travis and I approve this message" or somesuch.

I believe I am looking for a campaign manager.

The salary isn't high, but you are paid in the currency of gum. You can choose between wintermint and Fruit Stripe with 5 Juicy Flavors. And to sweeten the deal, I will throw in a 20% off coupon to Bad Bath and Beyond.

Edited by Travis

It speaks volumes to me about the status of the program when he'd throw in the towel before the end of the season. (Unless he told Mac and the players before the season started.) Very sad departure no matter what.

It's a retirement, not a resignation. TONS of coaches and players announce it before the season even starts.

• Upvote 1