Kenny Hill suspended for 2 games

meangreen15

Interesting how tame the replies on maroon sports were to Hill's drinking and being benched.

http://texags.com/forums/5/topics/2552485/5

Seems a lot like how our forum would react. A few overly negative posts, equal amount of overly sympathetic "he's just a kid, we have to support him" posts, but most our right in the middle. Saying what he did was wrong and should be punished for embarrassing the program, without being too harsh.

I was at their game yesterday. The fans will be a lot more forgiving of Kenny after seeing his backup.

ULM owned them yesterday, and should have won the game. They had 100 more yards in total offense and quarterback play wasn't close. Aggies not happy.

Apparently $3.7 Million goes a long way in Monroe these days.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• 2 months later...

The Twitter says he plans on playing baseball at TCU. If I read the transfer rules correctly, he could be eligible to play this season. Baseball changed the transfer rules a couple years ago to mirror other sports with the whole sitting out a year thing, but there's an exception if the athlete wasn't recruited to play baseball.

I never really thought of TCU as "the rich," only an example of what's possible if you devise a good plan and stick to it with a coach who's on board and committed to the program for the long haul.

I guess I've just thought of TCU as everything I ever wanted for UNT.

They're kind of an

program.

Don't forget the importance of having a competent AD who is able to execute the plan.

That is a HUGE piece of the puzzle missing at UNT.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"While Kenny is indeed planning on transferring, we have not committed to any school at this time," the elder Hill said via text. "We will begin meeting with schools on the 15th of January when the dead period is over. Any previous reports suggesting we are committed to any school is simply inaccurate."

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/texas-am-aggies-tcu-horned-frogs-kenny-hill-transfer-010915

SF8MzIP.gif

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

I never really thought of TCU as "the rich," only an example of what's possible if you devise a good plan and stick to it with a coach who's on board and committed to the program for the long haul.

I guess I've just thought of TCU as everything I ever wanted for UNT.

They're kind of an

program.

TCU is the 4th richest school in Texas and the 60th nation wide out of 843 schools reporting on this list, with an endowment of $1.1 Billion.

http://www.nacubo.org/Documents/research/2012NCSEPublicTablesEndowmentMarketValuesFinalJanuary232013.pdf

The year they were in the Rose Bowl ESPN reported they were the 10th richest school of all the schools that made a bowl game that year.

BTW, North Texas ranks 382nd with an endowment of $112.5 Million.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

TCU is the 4th richest school in Texas and the 60th nation wide out of 843 schools reporting on this list, with an endowment of $1.1 Billion.

http://www.nacubo.org/Documents/research/2012NCSEPublicTablesEndowmentMarketValuesFinalJanuary232013.pdf

The year they were in the Rose Bowl ESPN reported they were the 10th richest school of all the schools that made a bowl game that year.

BTW, North Texas ranks 382nd with an endowment of $112.5 Million.

Rick

Was referring to the athletic depart, related to "wealth" as compared to UT and A&M, historically. I suppose I should have clarified.

UNT's endowment is pathetic and embarrassing.

UNT donors helped raise over $200,000,000 in the recently completed capital campaign....with 65% of those donors being first time donors. This sort of success will help raise the level of UNT's endowment.

While $200,000,000+ is "small" compared to some other university recently completed campaigns ($1Billion at Okla State U), it is a record amount for UNT. Donations to athletics are "small" in relation to our peers as well, but that says as much about the donor base as anything else. But, it also indicates that things are beginning to change for the positive.

Just have to move on past the naysayers and those that want to find all the negative and refuse to acknowledge the positive steps UNT is making. It just comes slower when you don't have a Mr. Knight or Mr. Gates or Mr. Boone. And when you do have a bunch of folks who withdraw support when the going gets tough. It's our history...it's our "tradition" originating from so very non-forward looking presidents and regents in our past. But, if one opens their eyes even so slightly there is plenty of positives to "see" and focus on that speak volumes for the positive future of UNT.

• Upvote 4

UNT donors helped raise over $200,000,000 in the recently completed capital campaign....with 65% of those donors being first time donors. This sort of success will help raise the level of UNT's endowment.

While $200,000,000+ is "small" compared to some other university recently completed campaigns ($1Billion at Okla State U), it is a record amount for UNT. Donations to athletics are "small" in relation to our peers as well, but that says as much about the donor base as anything else. But, it also indicates that things are beginning to change for the positive.

Just have to move on past the naysayers and those that want to find all the negative and refuse to acknowledge the positive steps UNT is making. It just comes slower when you don't have a Mr. Knight or Mr. Gates or Mr. Boone. And when you do have a bunch of folks who withdraw support when the going gets tough. It's our history...it's our "tradition" originating from so very non-forward looking presidents and regents in our past. But, if one opens their eyes even so slightly there is plenty of positives to "see" and focus on that speak volumes for the positive future of UNT.

Hey, next time you have a heart to heart with Urban Meyer, can you find out how he feels about Kenny Hill?

• Upvote 2