Game 2 Complaint Thread

shaft

I have to say that when the temp is over 90% in the blazing sun with almost no breeze you discount water and make it available out in the stands. I personally had to deal with a student fan who nearly passed out near me and my wife. EMTs were called in and I know MANY more people had this issue. $3 for a water and massive lines snaking around the corner to fill water bottles.

That's not good.

But, we beat SMU's arse. THAT - is. good.

Complaint #1. We were there last year at Idaho, and this one felt WAY hotter, even though it was technically 10degrees cooler. Had to leave early or the kiddos would have lost half their body weight.

Complaint #2. The stupid Hail Mary to end the game. C'mon Man!

Complaint #3. Re-watching the broadcast and... really? The Mean Green are named after Joe Greene. They spent about 2 minutes talking about it. How does this even come about? Someone has to make this up because SURELY the Athletic department is not saying this. As a matter of fact, doesn't the SID have a "Do Not Say" list they can add things to? I love me some Mean Joe Greene, and am incredibly proud of him, but this just isn't true.

• Upvote 2

It's a fool who doesn't look for improvement in any performance. I can assure you the coaching staff found plenty to work on. If we can expect near perfection out of 18-22 year old college students, I guess we can ask it of paid adults.

I agree with GrandGreen that the weather and start times are out of our control. All in all, even though I got one of the worst sunburns in my life, trouncing SMU was one the best Mean Green experiences I have ever had. The cameras even managed to capture me in the crowd when we went up 43-0:

XRSAELW.gif

Pure. Bliss.

Might it also be a fool who hasn't learned the value of sunscreen by the time they reach adulthood?

• Downvote 2

Might it also be a fool who hasn't learned the value of sunscreen by the time they reach adulthood?

TRBUVnU.gif

I was foolish not to re-apply. I have learned painful lesson. Admitting fault and planning to correct them is a healthy part of the adult mindset.

I am desperately trying to be the person Mr. Rogers expected me to be.

• Upvote 1

TRBUVnU.gif

I was foolish not to re-apply. I have learned painful lesson. Admitting fault and planning to correct them is a healthy part of the adult mindset.

I am desperately trying to be the person Mr. Rogers expected me to be.

Keep trying...... Sometimes it takes folks longer than others .... It's the journey not the destination! Go Mean Green!

• Downvote 2

COMPLIMENT: Food in the club was better. Several people remarked on it.

Was it?

Not that I usually care because I'm normally stuffed from tailgating by the time I get up there, but I saved someroom for the prime rib, which was Luby's quality, at best. Also, I guess we have Mac n cheese every game for the kiddos, but it'd be nice to change it up every once in a while.

Edited by UNT90

I was really bothered at the crowd leaving early. i know it was hot and the sun was beaming down. but you have to mature as a fan base and stay at any cost. it is not every game you can enjoy the Mean Green kicking some ace like that. was glad the students showed up but was was the deal with the home side crowd. thought we sold more season tickets this year? after watching the recorded game. our fan base looked really bad near the end of the game. we where still very loud on TV.

You don't have kids, do you?

Sorry, I had an 8 year old with me that was not feeling well due to the heat. Getting him to stay through the 3rd quarter was a monumental task. You have to consider your kids, when you have them.

Exactly.

1) I have an eight year-old daughter that despite enjoying the game and having a good time, was wearing down FAST in the third quarter. This was her first football game and she was having a great time. But there was only so much that drinking more water could do before she was ready to fade. So, at the end of the third quarter my wife and I made the call that we were done. By the way, special thanks to the older guys in the top rows of the upper deck that saw my daughter and I and asked us to come up into the shade with them. You guys are class!! Had it not been for you guys, we would have left even earlier. Also, props to a student that handed my daugther a pom-pom and let her keep it. You sir, made her day!

2) I have a two year-old son. He also enjoyed the game and was having fun. But he's two! The heat was taking a toll on him even worse than my daughter, and anything short of letting him run onto the field and play with the guys (Which he asked to do early in the game and we had a good laugh about it) wasn't going to cut it at halftime. So, my gracious wife (knowing my daughter and I were very-much engaged in the game) took him back to the car and they "drove" in the air conditioning while my daughter and I watched the game get out-of-hand.

Maturity, my young friend, is why I left in the third quarter. Immaturity would have been saying "aw, suck it up little girl. I know it's 107 degrees out here but you need to toughen up and support this team."

Sorry, my children's lives are not more important to me than a football game. Sure, it sucked missing Evans' TD on his first touch but I'll gladly sacrifice that to keep my kids safe.

"Mature as a fan base" . . . come on man, that's a joke and you know it. I wish we had a better showing too, but at least the ones leaving early showed up!

• Upvote 5

Like everyone else has pointed out, beer lines were too long, the heat sucked, and I hated the 11am start.

But I'll take that any day to see a performance like UNT showed on Sat. Just a great time all around.

Oh, and a special +1 for being able to see Deion Sanders Jr embarass himself.

I was just telling some co-workers about that. You'd think for being the son of one of football's most prolific return men, he'd have better instincts as a returner.

But I recall on (I believe) the kickoff that SMU received from us after our first FG, he let a very high kickoff bounce in front of him at the 5 and then way up in the air. As one of our cover guys was at the 10 about to clobber him, he caught it and well . . . got clobbered. I ask a couple of things -- First, does he know that you CAN fair catch a kickoff? I know it's rare, but it was a high kick and our gunner was on full-blown after burner mode. Second, once that bad boy hits the turf, it's a live ball and that further drives the point he should have caught it at the 5.

Moments later, we punted to them. He was standing on the 5 and decided to try and catch a high punt. Once again, we had a gunner bearing down on him and he was clobbered. They ended up muffing the punt and we nearly ended up with it (I think, because I don't think we recovered it -- trying to remember now).

But my point is, he was just not careful at all. It looked like he was trying too hard to be his dad and not make smart decisions.

• Upvote 1

I was just telling some co-workers about that. You'd think for being the son of one of football's most prolific return men, he'd have better instincts as a returner.

But I recall on (I believe) the kickoff that SMU received from us after our first FG, he let a very high kickoff bounce in front of him at the 5 and then way up in the air. As one of our cover guys was at the 10 about to clobber him, he caught it and well . . . got clobbered. I ask a couple of things -- First, does he know that you CAN fair catch a kickoff? I know it's rare, but it was a high kick and our gunner was on full-blown after burner mode. Second, once that bad boy hits the turf, it's a live ball and that further drives the point he should have caught it at the 5.

Moments later, we punted to them. He was standing on the 5 and decided to try and catch a high punt. Once again, we had a gunner bearing down on him and he was clobbered. They ended up muffing the punt and we nearly ended up with it (I think, because I don't think we recovered it -- trying to remember now).

But my point is, he was just not careful at all. It looked like he was trying too hard to be his dad and not make smart decisions.

SMU muffed a punt in the 4th where we recovered the fumble. Box Score says the returner was 'LANCASTER,C'. I guess they pulled Jr cause he made too many mistakes?

SMU muffed a punt in the 4th where we recovered the fumble. Box Score says the returner was 'LANCASTER,C'. I guess they pulled Jr cause he made too many mistakes?

OK I thought so. I was thinking that had happened after we'd left. But he did muff one around early 2nd quarter that SMU recovered.