Mean Green Football Bandwagon

For those of you who aren't on Twitter or didn't see this...

It's a great conversation from today that I believe speaks volumes of where the program is heading.

The sleeping giant is starting to wake!

We are still calling on @espn_macmahon to join the Mean Green Club!

— MeanGreenClub (@MeanGreenClub)

July 18, 2014

@MeanGreenClub Your AD told me I'd be getting a phone call. Haven't seen 940 pop up yet.

— Tim MacMahon (@espn_macmahon)

July 18, 2014

@espn_macmahon Hey @Eric_Capper lets make it happen!

July 18, 2014

You may have to hold his hand through the process... RT @MeanGreenClub: @espn_macmahon Hey @Eric_Capper lets make it happen!

— Eric Capper (@Eric_Capper)

July 18, 2014

@Eric_Capper @MeanGreenClub I'm officially in and negotiated a T-shirt as part of the deal. Told them to see you on that, Capper.

July 18, 2014

@espn_macmahon @Eric_Capper Proud to announce our newest Member of the Mean Green Club, Tim MacMahon! Thanks for your support Tim!

July 18, 2014

Never thought I would see the day that @espn_macmahon reached into his wallet to support @MeanGreenClub. Banner day in #MeanGreen land!

July 18, 2014

So MacMahon joined which is amazing...and then this happened:

@espn_macmahon @Eric_Capper @MeanGreenClub hold on what's happening here

— Leila Rahimi (@leilarahimi)

July 18, 2014

@MeanGreenClub @espn_macmahon @Eric_Capper I mean, if Tim did it, then I figure I need to look into this. #copying

July 18, 2014

@MeanGreenClub @leilarahimiCSN @Eric_Capper Yeah, Leila! Insist on a T-shirt.

July 18, 2014

https://twitter.com/leilarahimiCSN/status/490222942455083009

@MeanGreenClub @espn_macmahon @Eric_Capper happening. I have UNT shirts but my mom and dad need some swag.

July 18, 2014

@MeanGreenClub @espn_macmahon @Eric_Capper Well guys I don't know how I butted in on a twitter convo & got two shirts out of this, but, WIN

July 18, 2014

Now Leila and MacMahon are on board...then this happened:

Looks like the biggest names in DFW Media are on board for the MGC. We think a challenge needs to be made to the rest! #JoinToday

July 18, 2014

@Eric_Capper @MeanGreenClub @leilarahimiCSN @TheDandyMan13 What about @MFollowill?

July 18, 2014

If we get him, @MeanGreenClub takes us all to dinner. RT @espn_macmahon: @leilarahimiCSN @TheDandyMan13 What about @MFollowill?

July 18, 2014

@Eric_Capper @MeanGreenClub @espn_macmahon @TheDandyMan13 Where's @sbass1310 at? And @gabrieldbrooks?

July 18, 2014

@leilarahimiCSN @Eric_Capper @MeanGreenClub @espn_macmahon @TheDandyMan13 @sbass1310 I plan to join up ASAP

— Gabe Brooks (@gabrieldbrooks)

July 18, 2014

UNT is on the up and up, folks. These past couple years have been a lot of fun and it's getting even better. Get your tickets and GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 6

When I was working at the athletic dept. I was always told that the media was just waiting for us to get good so they could jump onto the bandwagon...looks like it finally is beginning to happen. We have a lot of media-type alums out there, so there is always room for one more.

• Upvote 1

She graduated around when I did, journalism major, she works for one of the news stations. Somebody put up a link with her on it about a year or two ago, I forget if she's still in DFW or if she moved to Houston or something.

She graduated around when I did, journalism major, she works for one of the news stations. Somebody put up a link with her on it about a year or two ago, I forget if she's still in DFW or if she moved to Houston or something.

From her twitter Bio: Leila Rahimi @leilarahimiCSN

Anchor/Host/Reporter, Comcast SportsNet. Witty over Pretty. Wherever I am, I'll tell you what I know. Views/thoughts= mine only. Let's be friends.

Houston, Texas
Joined October 2008