USA Today College Football Countdown | No. 80: Louisiana Tech

Harry

A 14-20 record is 34 games. An fbs schedule for all three years would be 12 games each year and equal at least 36 games.

Unless some fbs schools have played less than 12 games in a season...

The team would have to have been fcs with a 10 game schedule included and then moved up to fbs in the last 10 years.

2007 -- 541

2008 -- 571

2009 -- 427

2010 -- 357

Unless, of course, you were speaking to single games. I'm quite certain that Oklahoma in 2007 and Rice in 2008 could both have scored 300 in a game should they so have chosen.

I was there in Norman in 2007 for that game and OU could have really made it even worse. I think they ran the ball up the middle the entire 2nd half so it wasn't 300-0. Really respect OU for their sportsmanship that day, very embarrassing. I believe that was Coach Dodges first game as our Head Coach.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I was there in Norman in 2007 for that game and OU could have really made it even worse. I think they ran the ball up the middle the entire 2nd half so it wasn't 300-0. Really respect OU for their sportsmanship that day, very embarrassing. I believe that was Coach Dodges first game as our Head Coach.

Yes, it was, and yes, it was a complete embarassment. Actually sat in an OU season ticket holder's seats and the fans were nothing but nice to me the whole game.

Lots of respect for the OU fan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes, it was, and yes, it was a complete embarassment. Actually sat in an OU season ticket holder's seats and the fans were nothing but nice to me the whole game.

Lots of respect for the OU fan.

Lol. That's called 'pity'.

Here you go: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/pity

"sympathetic or kindly sorrow evoked by the suffering, distress, or misfortune of another, often leading one to give relief or aid or to show mercy"

Middle Tennessee #70

Who's No. 69? This program's last conference title came in the same year that a former Pac-12 coach who played under three different head coaches as a collegiate offensive lineman was born.

Edited by Greenrex

Tennessee

Who's No. 67? This team's coach has led four of his five stops to at least one season of eight or more wins.

Shouldn't be us since Coach has only been a HC for Iowa State and NT.

• Upvote 1

Tennessee

Who's No. 67? This team's coach has led four of his five stops to at least one season of eight or more wins.

Shouldn't be us since Coach has only been a HC for Iowa State and NT.

Woah. I was thinking Tennessee was to be significantly better this year with it being the second under Butch Jones.

This is starting to get rather intriguing.

And for those keeping score, that's 19 P5 schools we're ranked ahead of thus far as well as 8 of our 2014 opponents.

And four SEC teams.

Of course as so many have reminded, none of this means squat outside the 'feel good' factor. But, public perception is important to all of us. It certainly is to me and it's also important to ESPN, FOX Sports, and others. Just a very few months ago things were not so comfortable. It's almost July and it's mighty hot so I'm going to just relax and enjoy this nice breath of fresh cool air.

• Upvote 3