MGB: Breaking news -- UNT's Chris Jones to transfer

So you are saying both TJ and Chris are capable of averaging 20 a game?

Again, what has either done consistently to make you think this?

I think TJ if healthy is an exceptional player. When he had the ball last year good things happened. I am just unsure how healthy and motivated he is. Jordan which size and range should early be able to get 20 a night.

This will all be up to the offense Benford puts in place. I want the guys to let it fly. Benford has generally been hesitant of this, but as the year went on last season he let them shoot more and more. I am hoping he takes a step back and let's these guys loose.

I think TJ if healthy is an exceptional player. When he had the ball last year good things happened. I am just unsure how healthy and motivated he is. Jordan which size and range should early be able to get 20 a night.

This will all be up to the offense Benford puts in place. I want the guys to let it fly. Benford has generally been hesitant of this, but as the year went on last season he let them shoot more and more. I am hoping he takes a step back and let's these guys loose.

Streetball, huh?

Streetball, huh?

Not street ball. I just want him to let the guys shoot it more. His first year he was pretty bad about getting onto guys for taking a shot and missing. I remember he go onto Jacob Holmes for shooting a wide open jumper (not a three) and missing. You have to take the open shots. Jordan should be able to be covered and still make shots with his wingspan and height. Let him pull it over a defender.

Rice and Miami are known for business not their music programs. I read an article lately that music, fine arts, and journalism are 3 of the top 10 worst degrees to get right now from a job outlook. Wonder if that will change the schools focus?

Rice is not known for Business.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So you are saying both TJ and Chris are capable of averaging 20 a game?

Again, what has either done consistently to make you think this?

I think Jordan can average 20. He an shoot it pretty well from the field and the line and he can get some "easy" buckets in transition. Plus, we don't have that many oter options so he should get a big percentage of the offense run through him.

Until Benford realizes that Jordan has the hot hand and pulls him...

I don't think TJ is consistent enough to average 20. He should be able to put up 20 a couple times next season, but I just don't think he can average that assuming he is still here when the season starts. (I have nothing I base that on other than tony Benford is still the head coach)

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/unt-mean-green/20101109-Men-s-basketball-Experts-praise-3969.ece

And Mitchell was with this group.

Remember the good old days when we didn't lift our skirt to every under talented JUCO and HS kids with no other offers?

CJ? Gone

Forrest? A 7 footer who can legitimately shoot the 3? Shown the door before game 1 of the Benford era.

Trey Norris? See above

Mitchell? Stayed a year too long.

This class was handed to Benford and he destroyed it. Those he didn't run off he just didnt develop.

Read this, RV, and then lie to us some more.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This had to be a top 10 all time most depressing GMG post thread. To see a great fan like Tasty step down hurts. Must focus on football as prospects seem brighter.

Come on Harry! There were far more depressing threads after the UTSA debacle.

Anyway, since the players are leaving, why not get rid of basketball and expedite baseball? It would make title 9 compliance easy. Baseball is a blast to watch. We could buy really cool caps too. They could use the old stadium for graduations and women's bball of course. Anyway, I'm clearly joking but I do want baseball ASAP. I hit some basketball games last year and it was really sad to attend. High Schools have better attendance. My 5 year old daughter even asked where all the people were. I felt bad for the cheerleaders as well as the players.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Actually he compared what Jones left to what Trilli left, but ya, pretty damn idiotic, not to mention a huge back hand to the face of JJ.

And you guys honestly think he isn't going to try and sell SMU next year as an alternate home game in football (slight derail, sorry)?

Here is the quote, he is definitely comparing what Dodge left with what Benford inherited

"As in football, I believed it would take time. A year ago people were complaining that Dan may not be the right guy. Of course three years in it is different. And Dan had to do it getting rid of some good players left by the former staff and adding his own."

Here is the quote, he is definitely comparing what Dodge left with what Benford inherited

"As in football, I believed it would take time. A year ago people were complaining that Dan may not be the right guy. Of course three years in it is different. And Dan had to do it getting rid of some good players left by the former staff and adding his own."

Ya, re-reading it he has the stones to compare what Benford inherited to both Mac and JJ.

Just pure ridiculousness.

Edited by UNT90