Come to campus Saturday for a complete day of Mean Green Activities

So I know this is still the lull-ish months in our Mean Green Fandom, but if you have the availability to come to campus tomorrow (Saturday, the 22nd), there is going to be a full day of stuff going on for everyone's athletic tastes.

9:30 AM - Darrell Dickey Practice Fields - First Football Scrimmage

So, I just called Athletics to confirm (for the KRAM types :thumbsu: ) that yes, despite the weather forecast, tomorrow's scrimmage is still scheduled to move forward. As all Spring activities are open, come on out and join in the revelry along the side lines.

11:00 AM to 5:00 PM - Ken Bahnsen Gym aka THE SNAKE PIT - UNT Student Alumni Association Inaugural Field Gym Day

https://studentaffairs.unt.edu/field-day

Remember Field Days in elementary school? Come on, you know you loved those and long to do so again. So here's your chance! Join our Alumni Team captained by fellow GMG poster Tyler Maryak and compete against current students! Oh, and if you haven't heard, the SAA itself is run by our own lovely poster Michagb. The winning team will receive the coveted Golden Squirrel Trophy commemorating their contributions.

1948143_295651337249433_659604382_n.jpg

All monies from this event go towards various causes all benefitting students - the Alumni Team cause being direct scholarships.

Registration is $10 and gets you this snazzy shirt:

1614154_291896740958226_694830900_o.png

Oh and you don't have to participate but can still cheer on your designated team!

5:00 PM - NT Volleyball Center - 4th Annual GoMeanGreen.com Basketball Classic

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/forum-4/announcement-55-gomeangreencom-basketball-classic-march-22nd-5pm/

Come further contribute to student scholarships in GMG.com's tried and true Basketball Classic and Silent Auction. The recipients of these monies are UNT Cheerleading and they will be presenting a special preview at the halftime of the game.

Registration for this one is $25 and also gets you a snazzy shirt, though I don't where to link to find that one.

----

Come one come all!

vmacYR0.gif

This post has been promoted to an article Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 5

Here's what I expect the free throw shooting to look like:

big-bang-theory-basketball-gif-terrible-

Dribbling and defense:

8974007_orig.gif

Dude -- we aren't THAT bad.. some of us (not me of course) can actually play a little bit or could a couple of decades ago. We are just in bad, bad shape. Our minds think we can still play but our bodies let us down.

Dude -- we aren't THAT bad.. some of us (not me of course) can actually play a little bit or could a couple of decades ago. We are just in bad, bad shape. Our minds think we can still play but our bodies let us down.

Harry can still play. And the game won't be as bad as those videos. At least the people playing don't think they will be.

Shouldn't that damn squirel be white? I aim for squirrels when they cross the road, just FYI.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So I know this is still the lull-ish months in our Mean Green Fandom, but if you have the availability to come to campus tomorrow (Saturday, the 22nd), there is going to be a full day of stuff going on for everyone's athletic tastes.

9:30 AM - Darrell Dickey Practice Fields - First Football Scrimmage

So, I just called Athletics to confirm (for the KRAM types :thumbsu: ) that yes, despite the weather forecast, tomorrow's scrimmage is still scheduled to move forward. As all Spring activities are open, come on out and join in the revelry along the side lines.

11:00 AM to 5:00 PM - Ken Bahnsen Gym aka THE SNAKE PIT - UNT Student Alumni Association Inaugural Field Gym Day

https://studentaffairs.unt.edu/field-day

Remember Field Days in elementary school? Come on, you know you loved those and long to do so again. So here's your chance! Join our Alumni Team captained by fellow GMG poster Tyler Maryak and compete against current students! Oh, and if you haven't heard, the SAA itself is run by our own lovely poster Michagb. The winning team will receive the coveted Golden Squirrel Trophy commemorating their contributions.

1948143_295651337249433_659604382_n.jpg

All monies from this event go towards various causes all benefitting students - the Alumni Team cause being direct scholarships.

Registration is $10 and gets you this snazzy shirt:

1614154_291896740958226_694830900_o.png

Oh and you don't have to participate but can still cheer on your designated team!

5:00 PM - NT Volleyball Center - 4th Annual GoMeanGreen.com Basketball Classic

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/forum-4/announcement-55-gomeangreencom-basketball-classic-march-22nd-5pm/

Come further contribute to student scholarships in GMG.com's tried and true Basketball Classic and Silent Auction. The recipients of these monies are UNT Cheerleading and they will be presenting a special preview at the halftime of the game.

Registration for this one is $25 and also gets you a snazzy shirt, though I don't where to link to find that one.

----

Come one come all!

vmacYR0.gif

This post has been promoted to an article

I know I told y'all on Facebook about it but I may very well be out there! Saturday is...uh...a busy day for me.

• Upvote 1

No, we most cerainly all don't. It was a ridiculous movement to begin with and it shames me to know my university is still entertaining this garbage.

No love for the albino squirrel, Emmit?

Go get ya an overly sugared like-named cappuccino from the Library café some time then get back to me.

Hahaha.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Squirrels are nothing but gigantic rats.. Who wants a rat for a mascot? I plow them over with the car EVERY chance I get. Yes, this is what happens when a squirrel craps in your attic and you have to spend a full day crawling around picking up squirrel crap.

If you want a glorified rat as your mascot, well, your just dumb I will continue to car hunt them every chance I get. If I was cagun, I'd eat the SOB just to get my day back. But I don't want to eat a...

RAT.

Edited by UNT90

The squirrels on campus are one thing that many people enjoy and remember about UNT. I lived and worked there and always enjoyed the campus squirrels. Obviously the students like them and think they are cute and fun. And since they are, you know, well, the STUDENTS THAT ACTUALLY GO THERE, you old rotten bastards might want to let them have their fun.

When I was a student, I liked smoking pot, getting drunk, and chasing tail. Should we make weed, whiskey and poon mascots? Edited by GreenMachine
  • Upvote 2