Tulsa (3/6/14)

CMJ

We're screwed. Get ready for a beat down.

Why did you think I kept my post so short? :P

We're gonna be UNC here, and Tulsa is gonna be Wake Forest.

randolph-childress-o.gif

(Despite generally not enjoying hot dogging it, this is seriously probably my favorite basketball play ever. If you break someone's ankles that bad, you can rub it in IMHO. The way he's like, "why aren't you guarding me, I'm over here" cracks me up everytime)

Edited by CMJ

So the way I'm looking at it , the only way get to the 9 seed is a win & Charlotte loss. Otherwise we are pretty much locked into the 10 seed & will play Rice , the 15th seed, in 1st round

May have a better chance of getting a trendy win or two if we do not get a bye... However winning the thing will be down right impossible.

• Downvote 1

May have a better chance of getting a trendy win or two if we do not get a bye... However winning the thing will be down right impossible.

:rolleyes:

Whatever floats your boat.

I'd give us a 50/50 shot against Rice in the tournament given that they've beaten us once already this season. I hope we're not a one-and-done like last year but my confidence in what this team will do is shot. :no:

Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 1

I hope we're not a one-and-done like last year but my confidence in what this team will do is shot. :no:

More like one and FUN. It's all about having a good time, guys!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

NT is currently in the No. 10 seed for the upcoming C-USA Tournament, but can jump as high as the No. 8 seed with a win over Tulsa and some help. The top four seeds will receive a double-bye, while seeds five through nine receive a bye.

• How can NT get the No. 8 seed? An NT win over Tulsa, a UAB loss to Middle Tennessee and a Charlotte loss at Marshall.

• How can NT get the No. 9 seed? An NT win over Tulsa and a Charlotte loss at Marshall.

Should NT lose to Tulsa it would fall to 6-10, and seven different scenarios could come into play - all but one of which have NT staying at No. 10. NT would still own the individual tiebreakers over East Carolina (5-10) and Florida Atlantic (5-10). However, there is a chance that NT could fall to the No. 11 seed if NT, Charlotte and ECU tie at 6-10 and LA Tech is named the No. 1 seed.

From meangreensports.com

• Upvote 2

NT is currently in the No. 10 seed for the upcoming C-USA Tournament, but can jump as high as the No. 8 seed with a win over Tulsa and some help. The top four seeds will receive a double-bye, while seeds five through nine receive a bye.

• How can NT get the No. 8 seed? An NT win over Tulsa, a UAB loss to Middle Tennessee and a Charlotte loss at Marshall.

• How can NT get the No. 9 seed? An NT win over Tulsa and a Charlotte loss at Marshall.

Should NT lose to Tulsa it would fall to 6-10, and seven different scenarios could come into play - all but one of which have NT staying at No. 10. NT would still own the individual tiebreakers over East Carolina (5-10) and Florida Atlantic (5-10). However, there is a chance that NT could fall to the No. 11 seed if NT, Charlotte and ECU tie at 6-10 and LA Tech is named the No. 1 seed.

From meangreensports.com

So I guess the question is if we will land the 10 or 11 seed. Even if we win (not liking our chances), I don't see Charlotte losing to Marshall. Given this information, the 10 seed seems like the most likely scenario.