Charlotte (1/18/14)

CMJ

Benford just said they tried to get it to Chris but it was covered up.

Yea he said he wanted TJ with the ball at the end and if it was not there to get it back to Chris. TJ was doubled and Chris was far away so he passed it to Walton. Walton could have easily passed it to CJ but instead just drove it into the lane with time left on the clock. I am still baffled by that decision. I thought anyone would have held the ball til the last second unless it was literally wide open. Not take the ball into the lane with 2 bigs standing there. Just such a poor decision.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So you are saying he was justified in taking that shot? The scoring was very balanced one shot could have made 4 other players our leading scorer.

Actually...I'm more saying that when you're up double-digits with more than 3/4 of the game gone, having an argument over who took what last second shot is kinda burying the lead.

• Upvote 2

Actually...I'm more saying that when you're up double-digits with more than 3/4 of the game gone, having an argument over who took what last second shot is kinda burying the lead.

The only issue is it was not a last second shot. If he took a 3 at the buzzer I have no issue. The issue is that with a tie he took a shot with time left on the clock for a second time tho season. Both times it cost us the game I believe.

• Upvote 1

FIRE BENFORD for the 1,000,000th time!! He is drowning this basketball program. High school coaches could literally do better. Not so much tonight, but if he keeps doing mass substitutions (including the games hot hand) I am going to do absolutely nothing except be more disgusted than I already am. GMG!!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

How about the missed Dunks/lay ups…make those and this conversation isn't happening. No one play can lose the game, late game situations can stand out more than normal situations but I find it very hard to believe that UNT played perfect the other 39 minutes and change.

• Upvote 2

The only issue is it was not a last second shot. If he took a 3 at the buzzer I have no issue. The issue is that with a tie he took a shot with time left on the clock for a second time tho season. Both times it cost us the game I believe.

How is it possible that from my post the only thing you took out was the words "last second"?

• Upvote 2

How about the missed Dunks/lay ups…make those and this conversation isn't happening. No one play can lose the game, late game situations can stand out more than normal situations but I find it very hard to believe that UNT played perfect the other 39 minutes and change.

We played pretty darn well for about 30.

According to Andrew, this is a sign of improvement.

It certainly did cost us the game, but of course a lot of other events transpired that effected the game. This one is very disheartening because we essentially had it in the bag.

• Upvote 1

Watched the ladies lose today in the last second..now the men. Ouch!

Hey, at least we had fun at the pre-game tailgate. Cold beer .... Cold free beer! And the dogs were pretty darn good too!

• Upvote 3

I was at the Men's game! Took my grandson to see his dad.

IMG950986_zpse5ac1afc.jpg

IMG_7022_zps2a6ed573.jpg

BTW, It wasn't that last shot that lost the game... it was some poor possessions down the stretch and home court advantage.

My 2 cents: They are a much better team this year.

I believe I have seen that little guy at some home games. Correct? And not the 6'4" guy haha. Thanks for sharing. That last possession was critical but there were lots of lost possessions. Mo missing that put back off of the Voss three. A lot could have swayed the game but I really wish we would have at least waited and at worst hoped for overtime. Edited by Andrew

At least the team seems to be starting to get into a bit more of a flow on offense. They seem more willing to push the tempo and take shots when they are available rather than act like a middle school team that is so focused on mechanically running a patterned offense that they forget the point of trying to get an open look.

The missed put back layup and the horrible CJ turnover were huge negative plays late in the game. Cannot make those mistakes in close games on the road.

Gut wrenching loss, but encouraging to see that we have the ability to hang with a decent team. Hope we can continue the trend and actually start building some momentum going into the conference tourney.

At least the team seems to be starting to get into a bit more of a flow on offense. They seem more willing to push the tempo and take shots when they are available rather than act like a middle school team that is so focused on mechanically running a patterned offense that they forget the point of trying to get an open look.

The missed put back layup and the horrible CJ turnover were huge negative plays late in the game. Cannot make those mistakes in close games on the road.

Gut wrenching loss, but encouraging to see that we have the ability to hang with a decent team. Hope we can continue the trend and actually start building some momentum going into the conference tourney.

At this point wins are great but getting it together before the tournament is a must. Either way we will need to win the tourney. Does anyone know if all 16 teams get in?

• Upvote 1

I believe everyone but FIU gets in ( NCAA violation )

Thanks! How are they going to work a 15 team bracket? I hope this is correct. Anything can happen then! I will happily take a 15 or 16 seed in the tourney at this point. Would be huge for players and coach.

Edited by Andrew
  • Upvote 1

Thanks! How are they going to work a 15 team bracket? I hope this is correct. Anything can happen then! I will happily take a 15 or 16 seed in the tourney at this point. Would be huge for players and coach.

They could do it where only the top seed gets a bye, so 14 teams play in the first round with 7 winners and the bye team advancing. Then it'd be a simple round of 8. Or they could give teams double byes.