Best record in the DFW

BillySee58

Is it weird that I consider Baylor in the DFW area....? I always saw Baylor, TCU, SMU, and UNT as the big four in the area. I a

Ways wished we could somehow be in the same conference or at least play each other consistently in multiple sports.

I never thought of it that way.

No, I meant that the lunch stop on the way to Austin is at the Czech Stop, not in Waco.

Kid 1: "Knock knock"

Kid 2: "Who's there?"

Kid 1: "Queen"

Kid 2: "Queen who?"

Kid 1: "Queen my dishes, please."

Kid 3: "It's CLEAN!!!"

AT&T guy: "He doesn't get it."

Edited by TheFranchise
  • Upvote 1

The wife and I stopped by there yesterday to see what all the hub-bub was about while on our way to a wedding in Austin.

I don't see/taste it.

Like, I prefer Kolache Haven here in town over that place.

Once I stopped in there on the way back to Denton. There was a couple there who had driven there from Wichita Falls just to eat there. Yes, they drove all that way just to eat there.

I was on my way back to Austin one time in the very early 80's, and we stopped at a place in West for gas/snacks--can't remember the name--and in the store was a display of local jams and jellies.

"Mother Fucher's Plum Jam".

Being 19, I really wore the middle-aged female clerk out about this, and loudly mispronounced it at the top of my lungs while guffawing uproariously. Not one of my finest moments.

• Upvote 3

I was on my way back to Austin one time in the very early 80's, and we stopped at a place in West for gas/snacks--can't remember the name--and in the store was a display of local jams and jellies.

"Mother Fucher's Plum Jam".

Being 19, I really wore the middle-aged female clerk out about this, and loudly mispronounced it at the top of my lungs while guffawing uproariously. Not one of my finest moments.

Actually, I was thinking it did sound like one of your finer moments!

You must not have ever tried George's. Diner food with cold beer. Oh, and pie. Did I mention they had beer. And pie.

See my above post on George's. I love George's for its atmosphere. The food, to me, well, it goes well with a string of several Big O's.

But it's also in a completely different category of eating. Czech Stop is just that, a stop for a quick lunch on the way to Austin. If I go to George's, chances are very, very high that I've got a room across the highway, and am going home in the morning.

The wife and I stopped by there yesterday to see what all the hub-bub was about while on our way to a wedding in Austin.

I don't see/taste it.

The key to a great Kolache is to get them when they are fresh out of the oven. If you stop by mid-day or later, they are most likely not so fresh. Both the Czech Stop and Kolache Haven have good Kolaches IMO.

I am 100% Czech ancestry. And, I would drive miles for a dozen good fresh Kolaches just like grandma used to make them ;)

I don't see/taste it.

I'm a big fan of their kolaches but everytime I stop by I always buy several loafs of their raisin bread and regular white bread. Their raisin bread is to die for especially when you toast it up.

I don't see/taste it.

Gotta get off the highway and drive into downtown for the good stuff. An extra mile or two, but worth it.

I'm glad this thread about us having the best record in DFW (finally) turned into a discussion on all the things to do around Waco, West, Gainesville, Muenster, and Lindsay.

For anyone who reads this thread and works at a local DFW media establishment, I beg of you to actually talk about the fact that we are getting better and that we have a better record than both SMU and TCU, even if the Frogs have played a much harder schedule.

• Upvote 1