drex

Watched highlights of the MUTS game and was amazed how pitiful the C-USA logo looks. I understand that we got special dispensation from the conference to use it in black and white (since, apparently, those are our new school colors). It would be good to have the logo at least be as distinctive as the end zone art. I have a can of spray paint and could correct the problem in about 30 minutes.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

Watched highlights of the MUTS game and was amazed how pitiful the C-USA logo looks. I understand that we got special dispensation from the conference to use it in black and white (since, apparently, those are our new school colors). It would be good to have the logo at least be as distinctive as the end zone art. I have a can of spray paint and could correct the problem in about 30 minutes.

The CUSA logo is painted versus our endzones actually being artificial grass that is colored black and white. To get the clarity of the endzones we'd actually need to remove the existing turf and replace it. Edited by UNTFan23
  • Upvote 2

I am seriously going to open a handbag website and start advertising on gmg.com.

There is a song by Liam Kyle Sullivan regarding shoes. :whistling1: It's a funny song but don't listen to it at work -- Definitely NSFW!!!.

Edited by UNTFan23

You've got this multimillion dollar stadium and the logo looks like Strickland Middle School art kids did it...that's all I'm saying.

Paint versus replacing the turf is likely a difference in cost by thousands, if not tens of thousands of dollars. If you want a sharper looking CUSA logo on the field I'm sure the athletic department will gladly take people's money to get the turf replaced.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

:thumbsu:

Turn drex loose on this project and he'll spruce it up as well as have it "nationally TV ready" for Halloween Night!

• Upvote 1

Sorry, but I don't want a logo with SMU's school colors on OUR field... Make it black, white and green. But no red, white and blue.

Everybody else gets to do a custom school color logo: why should we settle?

Texas A&M gets a maroon and white SEC logo...

20120906-120119.jpg

West Virginia gets a blue and yellow BIG 12 logo...

wvubig12logo.jpg

UNC gets a Carolina Blue ACC logo...

NC_1.jpg

Wyoming gets a brown and yellow Mountain West logo...

wyoming1.jpg

Texas FRIGGIN State - San Macros gets a damn burgundy and gold WAC logo...

Ayg7HUdCIAAMSN3.jpg

Idaho gets potato colored WAC logos in the freakin Kibbie Dome...

kibster.jpg

Arizona gets red white and blue PAC 12 logos...

Arizona-turf-under-the-lights-560x313.jp

Houston got red and white C-USA logos...

UH_Frontiersmen.jpg

Tulsa gets blue and gold C-USA logos...

sam_0316.jpg

Do I need to go on?

Edited by TheWestie
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

So what do you want to do Drex? Paint it... green?

• Upvote 2

Sorry, but I don't want a logo with SMU's school colors on OUR field... Make it black, white and green. But no red, white and blue.

Everybody else gets to do a custom school color logo: why should we settle?

It is black, white and green. Green background, black letters with a white outline and a silver star.

You do realize the field is green, right?

• Upvote 4

It is black, white and green. Green background, black letters with a white outline and a silver star.

You do realize the field is green, right?

Exactly. If you look back at the C-USA pdf that was posted earlier in the season, it shows a version of the logo that includes each school's colors that is allowed. As GW indicates, the green hurts us in this case.