OK I'm Officially Worried about Tulane

Harry

They took care of business against a team that beat us pretty badly last season....

I guess my big question is how far has ULM fallen -- I mean their QB is back and their coach said they were a better team this year???

Tulane has certainly improved... They will be sky high at home after a big victory on the road...we haven't won on the road yet...

Our running game has struggled and they have a good secondary and improving pass rush...

I also get very paranoid when the opposing teams QB's last name is MONTANA....

why the hell are we not worried about Tulane?

I have been very encouraged by what I've seen this year, but, fact of the matter is, we still havent won on the road, and we still have a LOT to prove...

there is a reason we have a Hit6 campaign going, and anyone who thinks we are going to cakewalk over ANY team is a little cray cray

• Upvote 2

why the hell are we not worried about Tulane?

I have been very encouraged by what I've seen this year, but, fact of the matter is, we still havent won on the road, and we still have a LOT to prove...

there is a reason we have a Hit6 campaign going, and anyone who thinks we are going to cakewalk over ANY team is a little cray cray

You clearly didn't watch us between the hedges brah.

#hitwaymorethan6ordietrying

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

You clearly didn't watch us between the hedges brah.

While I believe that Tulane will be luck to score 14 points and our D will force turnovers. The offense needs to score more than 7 points as it did between the hedges, brah. The running Game needs to be efficient and have more than 150 yards rushing. That will open up the play action passing game. It would be nice to see Marcus Smith catch one of the DT passes that hits him in the hands. #1GameAtATime

UNT is a MUCH improved team, but in no way should anyone take any game for granted or put it in the win column until the game is played and UNT has won. UNT has yet to show any propensity to win on the road with any regularity, and has not won six or more games in several years. Love where this team seems to be headed and where the program is definitely headed, and fully expect to be bowl eligible this season, but folks, one at a time, one at a time. And, every game is the biggest game in the history of the universe...starting with Tulane this next Saturday. Focus, focus, focus. Hopefully, the team knows that Tulane is dangerous and is not to be taken lightly by anyone...like was posted, they are 3-2. Hopefully, UNT will be 3-2 coming out of New Orleans next week. I can guarantee you that many Green Wave fans have the game with UNT penciled in as a "win" for Tulane. Me, I don't think so...Mean Green beat the Green Wave this next Saturday, but one at a time folks, one at a time. Put 'em in the win column AFTER UNT wins 'em!

No time for UNT fans to get too ahead of themselves....other than that...The Mean Green take down Tulane by 17 next Saturday! Take that Green Ripple!!!

• Upvote 2

Well Tulane played very good in it's secondary, and browning was already starting slightly injured, and had to come out of the game in the 3rd. But mostly the ULM offensive line and special teams were truly atrocious, the QBs were unwillingly scrambling all the time, and because the Tulane secondary was stout, that was a very unfavorable positin to be in. Their O was not actually that spectacular, but they could start time and time again with favorable field position.

I think this game should absolutely be looked as a tough out, but I am also sure that our O-line will look a looot better than ULMs, and am also pretty sure our D-line will get better pressure on their QB than ULM did.

This is exactly the kind of game Mac needs to have a break through season, because UNT should win it, but thie is no gimme at alll.

If we had a speed back with break away ability I'd have a better feel about our offense. But I just can't get a feel for them at this time and have no idea which O will show up.

But defensively......I'll say that barring another deep-ball giveaway it won't surprise me if Tulane never sees the endzone in this game. I may be WAY OFF and you can call me bananas for this one, but I just think this defense is that good.

It's hard to explain,.. but from what I witnessed on the sidelines in Athens the coaches are no longer in control of this defense,... the players are.

Sure, the coaches are helping them with their schemes. But no motivation by any coach can rise to the level of player leadership. I'd rather face McArney, Skladany or Nelson any day than face Orr, Trice, Lee or McCoy after not doing my job. It's just that way now.

I hope Im correct but this is why I say it feels like 2002 all over again.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick
  • Upvote 3

We have a speed back. His name is Rollins. He is a RS Frosh and doesn't get much playing time.

Would love to see Chancellor get a shot at this about 5 chances during this game.

Yeah,.. thats what I was reffering to....one who is playing.

As it stands now BC is the only one out there who I feel can Jamario/Dunbar/Cobbs' it to the house if he broke into the open. But he has his job to do. He can't be in two places at the same time.

Rick

• Upvote 1