big announcement regarding a new UNT TV deal with Fox Sports Southwest

Tree

Well... that is interesting..

If it is a football announcement, then the only option would be that FSN has reached secondary rights agreement for local area distribution for CUSA games when there is not a national CUSA game..

Could potentially mean more FSN or even FS1/FS2 broadcast for UNT games we did not think we were going to get...

• Upvote 1

Hmmmmm, the anticipation is killing me...

Most of our games - like 9 of them are already televised - so either FoxSW is picking up the remaining 3 games or perhaps this could be a coaches show or something like that which would be VERY cool and great for exposure, recruiting etc.. Just thinking out loud here...

More good things happening for the Mean Green! Excellent! Thanks to all who had a hand in seeing so many more of UNT's games being shown on TV...should be a nice help in recruiting as well!

• Upvote 1

Big news brewing. Check back with us tomorrow for a big announcement regarding a new TV deal with Fox Sports Southwest. #GMG

https://twitter.com/MeanGreenSports/status/372812340904722433

And on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/MeanGreenFB/posts/690541447641133

I think we all get a new 32" samsung TV for free *

*just 299.99 shipping and handling charge

• Upvote 2

The FSSW schedule is already full of games on Saturdays, so unless they put them on the FSSW Plus channel, I don't see them picking up any extra FB games of ours.

It also could be similar to the 3rd tier rights deal like we did with TXA21. Maybe a FB game or 2 if FSSW really needs the programming, but I can see a deal including a handful of MBB games, 1-2 WBB games and maybe a soccer or softball game sprinkled in.

Scratch that. http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/08/unt-fans-about-to-see-a-whole-lot-more-about-unt.html/

I really liked the SMU series they did. Looking forward to this one.

Edited by GRN-WHT
  • Upvote 1

The FSSW schedule is already full of games on Saturdays, so unless they put them on the FSSW Plus channel, I don't see them picking up any extra FB games of ours.

It also could be similar to the 3rd tier rights deal like we did with TXA21. Maybe a FB game or 2 if FSSW really needs the programming, but I can see a deal including a handful of MBB games, 1-2 WBB games and maybe a soccer or softball game sprinkled in.

Scratch that. http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/08/unt-fans-about-to-see-a-whole-lot-more-about-unt.html/

I really liked the SMU series they did. Looking forward to this one.

This will be HUGE for local/regional PR and awareness....IF WE WIN

Checking with KTXA to see if they are airing it on Saturday mornings again. FCS Central showed it earlier in the week (Wed?) last year. If it can move to FSSW that will be fantastic. Right now I do not show it on any listings.

• Upvote 1