Change to Apogee Student Seating

7travis5

I don't know if anybody has seen this yet but there appears to be a change to where the students are required to sit. Sections 121, 120, and 119 are now reserved for "Young Alumni," or those who have graduated from 2008-2013. I know there were issues with student behavior at the games last year, including one incident when a Troy player couldn't resist himself and began to heckle the students back. This could be the only thing I could think of that would influence this change. That, or maybe the powers that be decided to simply give young alumni a place to sit. Whatever the reason, I thought I would just throw this out there.

Here's the link to the new seating chart by the way:

http://www.meangreenmap.com/apogeeseating.html?DB_OEM_ID=1800

Edited by 7travis5
  • Upvote 2

Don't worry folks. It's a non-enforceable rule. What are they going to do. Ask "young alumni" to produce their UNT degree at the game? How do you actually determine who is a "young alumni" and not a student. I think this is just a slick and creative way to meet the CUSA rule but still allow our students to do what they want.

Having sat in the young alumni section before, it may be the most dead atmosphere in the stadium (probably because the team was effectively dead during the qualifying years).

On a positive note, the other team's sideline will leave the game confirming the reputation of Texans being warm, friendly, and welcoming.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You've gotta be freaking kidding me, right? They do realize nobody will be able to enforce this, right? I'm sitting in my traditional spot, as will the Talons. But are they going to be selling seats in this section? Like, I mean, tickets with the actual seat numbers on them? This won't go over well.

So we butcher the fight song and then ruin the student section?

Good job UNT.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You students realize that if someone holds a ticket for a seat number, that is their seat right?

So, it will be enforceable, if the yellow shirts want to... they'll just ask for your ticket. If your ticket does not have the seat on it, they'll move you.

Rules suck!

I agree that it will look terrible if they really enforce it, so I hope it's a little lax and students fill in the empty areas.

Don't be surprised though when you get there early and sit down on one of the first few rows only to have a young alum come and tell you you're in their seat.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You've gotta be freaking kidding me, right? They do realize nobody will be able to enforce this, right? I'm sitting in my traditional spot, as will the Talons. But are they going to be selling seats in this section? Like, I mean, tickets with the actual seat numbers on them? This won't go over well.

So we butcher the fight song and then ruin the student section?

Good job UNT.

Not a UNT rule or initiated by UNT....your beef is with CUSA as I understand the situation.

• Upvote 3

You students realize that if someone holds a ticket for a seat number, that is their seat right?

So, it will be enforceable, if the yellow shirts want to... they'll just ask for your ticket. If your ticket does not have the seat on it, they'll move you.

Rules suck!

I agree that it will look terrible if they really enforce it, so I hope it's a little lax and students fill in the empty areas.

Don't be surprised though when you get there early and sit down on one of the first few rows only to have a young alum come and tell you you're in their seat.

I'm just saying, the students will fill up before the "young alumni" show up. So the yellow shirts will have to move the entire student section.

Also, I find it likely they'll just sell these tickets as a GA.

It'll look like crap come home game 4.

Furthermore, where are the band and the Talons going to sit now?

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

I'm just saying, the students will fill up before the "young alumni" show up. So the yellow shirts will have to move the entire student section.

Also, I find it likely they'll just sell these tickets as a GA.

It'll look like crap come home game 4.

Furthermore, where are the band and the Talons going to sit now?

I'm pretty sure the old young alumni section was assigned by seat, like any other season ticket package. Can you imagine selling a GA ticket package to someone, then UNT goes undefeated or something and the section fills up with students? I know I would never agree to that. Do we have anyone on here who sits in the 'young alumni' section who could clarify?

As for the band/talons, I'm not sure, but I hope it's somewhere close enough to still piss off the opposing sideline.

I'm pretty sure the old young alumni section was assigned by seat, like any other season ticket package. Can you imagine selling a GA ticket package to someone, then UNT goes undefeated or something and the section fills up with students? I know I would never agree to that. Do we have anyone on here who sits in the 'young alumni' section who could clarify?

As for the band/talons, I'm not sure, but I hope it's somewhere close enough to still piss off the opposing sideline.

Well the Talons don't do anything except for make up dumb chants. But yeah, the band. We've never done young alumni and I don't know who is dumb enough to sit there, frankly.

When I graduate, I'll go sit on the actual alumni side...

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2