Change to Apogee Student Seating

7travis5

How far are the WKY seats from the team bench? Wondering if that has anything to do with it? Don't know, but often this stuff is much more complicated than what folks on a message board often think it is and involves many many factors. Like I said, have no clue about the situation at WKY. Good find here with the seating chart.

I also know that OSU has not moved their student seats which are literally right on top of the visiting bench at Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater...but that is thevBig XII. Different rules, different Conference.

• Upvote 1

Well...interesting....was told that CUSA mandated this move...wondering if it is something recently put into place with teams being given a time frame in which they have to make the move? Like I mentioned...often way too many factors involved to just see it as a message board simple solution. But, if not a conference rule for all the teams to enact this year...then why? Inquiring minds want to know. One has to think that Coach Mac likes the students on top of the visiting team's bench, and in football Mac generally gets what Mac wants...so, have to think he is at least aware of this move and why. If Apogee is to be the big advantage Mac wants, then having students as close to the visiting bench seems to make sense, yes?

Can you get us any more information on this? Since this was so late, I'm going to be surprised if they have even sold any "Young Alumni" seats...if they are GA, etc. This could be terrible. Like it or not, the students are the major impact on why Apogee has a huge homefield advantage.

• Upvote 1

And, looks like nobody else really has them right behind the visiting section, the current CUSA members, at least. Sorry, don't want to hurt any scholarshipped players feelings.

Sort of explains that...looks like a CUSA deal after all....bummer. Thanks for checking it out. Just yell louder...sneak down until someone runs you off...have always found UNT students to be quite resourceful.

Hey, Silver, a new tradition building here...students invading the seats near the visitors bench! Well, maybe not so much...but, resourceful students they are...

Sort of explains that...looks like a CUSA deal after all....bummer. Thanks for checking it out. Just yell louder...sneak down until someone runs you off...have always found UNT students to be quite resourceful.

Hey, Silver, a new tradition building here...students invading the seats near the visitors bench! Well, maybe not so much...but, resourceful students they are...

Well, honestly, they'll have problems telling the students to move. They get there before the yellow shirts did and last year when one was confused over where the students were supposed to sit, the frat people kind of went off and, well, yeah, y'all get it. It was rough.

I'm not going to the student pride thing tonight, but that's where they introduce the freshman to traditions, songs and tells them where to sit. I know people who are going, I'll keep y'all updated.

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1

My biggest problem is that the "young alum" seating will take up 3 entire sections that makes up roughly 1,500 (or more) seats!!! If there was demand for those seats I would understand but I seriously doubt that demand exists. If they were just reserving the bottom half or bottom third I wouldn't be nearly as upset.

Odds are any of these seats that aren't sold off already by game day, walk-ups will be able to purchase these tickets as there is absolutely no way the ticket office will just let those seats sit empty. If I were a (smart) visiting fan I'd run the risk and buy my tickets the day of the game and get to sit behind the team bench. Hopefully the face value of these seats is something like $50 or else the people buying these tickets are getting a heck of a deal.

For the "young alumni" for $30 more you can easily get good seats on the press box side and not have to sit in the sun for just about any football game that has a 3 PM kick-off or later.

My biggest problem is that the "young alum" seating will take up 3 entire sections that makes up roughly 1,500 (or more) seats!!! If there was demand for those seats I would understand but I seriously doubt that demand exists. If they were just reserving the bottom half or bottom third I wouldn't be nearly as upset.

Odds are any of these seats that aren't sold off already by game day, walk-ups will be able to purchase these tickets as there is absolutely no way the ticket office will just let those seats sit empty. If I were a (smart) visiting fan I'd run the risk and buy my tickets the day of the game and get to sit behind the team bench. Hopefully the face value of these seats is something like $50 or else the people buying these tickets are getting a heck of a deal.

For the "young alumni" for $30 more you can easily get good seats on the press box side and not have to sit in the sun for just about any football game that has a 3 PM kick-off or later.

Honestly, the students will just bleed into it, unless we are going to have an empty section in the middle. The student section seats are death in the heat. I wouldn't pay for them for a 3:00 kick or a 6:00 in August or September. The students bleed into the lower bowl end zone which is paid all the time.

This is confusing, frankly. I don't know what's going to happen. In other news, gonna run by the bookstore and look for the Worm shirt.

Edited by meangreener

Honestly, the students will just bleed into it, unless we are going to have an empty section in the middle. The student section seats are death in the heat. I wouldn't pay for them for a 3:00 kick or a 6:00 in August or September. The students bleed into the lower bowl end zone which is paid all the time.

This is confusing, frankly. I don't know what's going to happen. In other news, gonna run by the bookstore and look for the Worm shirt.

Like I previously mentioned, the ticket office will release the tickets for public sale if not the day of the game, several days leading into the game. Anyone will be able to purchase tickets for those sections.

The ushers are going to have a tough time enforcing this the first couple games as I doubt many students are even aware of the seating changes.

• Downvote 1

Like I previously mentioned, the ticket office will release the tickets for public sale if not the day of the game, several days leading into the game. Anyone will be able to purchase tickets for those sections.

The ushers are going to have a tough time enforcing this the first couple games as I doubt many students are even aware of the seating changes.

My point...nobody will sit there until later in the season.

It also won't help they've told students all summer at Orientation about the old student section.

• Upvote 3

So the Pit Crew will be moved also? There goes the only advantage we had in basketball.

On the website it doesn't show any changes to the Super Pit student section, but that doesn't mean they won't change that closer to basketball season. We'll just have to wait and see.

• Upvote 1

If this is the case, you would think the AD would be contacting people like me who have 7 season tickets made up of 2010&2011 alums, with me on the recent alum Mean Green Club plan, to ask us if we'd be interested in sitting in this section.....or we could leave it up to me to have actually found this out by coming on here and making the call myself.

This will end well...

Edited by MDH
  • Upvote 1

Don't worry folks. It's a non-enforceable rule. What are they going to do. Ask "young alumni" to produce their UNT degree at the game? How do you actually determine who is a "young alumni" and not a student. I think this is just a slick and creative way to meet the CUSA rule but still allow our students to do what they want.

Yep. Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1