UNT hires new softball coach

Harry

UNT announced this afternoon that it has hired Tracey Kee as its new softball coach.

Kee posted a 684-362 record at ECU and took her team to the NCAA tournament four times, including three times in her last five seasons. She won back-to-back C-USA titles in 2010 and 2011.

Kee and associate head coach Natalie Kozlowski were fired after last season following an internal investigation revealed an emotionally hostile environment in the program, identified potential NCAA violations and noted shortcomings related to oversight of property and fiscal matters.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/08/unt-announces-the-hiring-of-new-softball-coach.html/

athletically this sure seems a great hire.... but I sure hope that RV had the office do very due dilligence on this one and not just the normal stuff. The language in the reason for firing seems very criptic and could really mean a lot of different things from not so bad to very bad.

• Upvote 1

Considering RV stated that performed their due diligence including talking to the conference office. That and the comment from Coach Kee about them not being able to speak or defend themselves during the process makes me comfortable with this hire. I hope it doesn't blow up on us. Pro's, she has been extremely successful and has extensive experience as a head coach. Con's, does she know the DFW area to recruit and how she was dismissed from ECU. Only time will tell.

Until then, welcome to North Texas Coach Kee.

Welcome to the Mean Green Nation Coach Kee!

Hey Coach...saw you at he Athletic offices on the day of your interview. I liked that green you were wearing. Made an impression too...seemed to be like a natural for you. Glad you will be wearing hat green more often now!

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If she can hire an assistant who knows the talent in the state and can recruit this should be a very good hire. With an ATWP of more than 65% over 25 years, I have no doubt about her ability to put a winner on the field. Players like winning and her record should help recruiting. There should be a lot of good years to look forward to here.

Oh boy... How do we go from hiring coaches with little-to-no previous baggage to hiring coaches with significant previous baggage?

Not every coach is righteous as a pastor

But with some of these folks we go after...

I just hope and I pray

We don't lose Cloutier...

Or the dance team may hire this bastard.