Some Results- GMG.Com Softball Game!

KRAM1

So, what can I say but thanks so much to all who sponsored, played and volunteered to make the first ever GMG.Com World Seies of Softball a success! It was a great time...not only was the game a success, but how about that great brisket and those super hot dogs at the tailgate after te game? Greatness...pure greatness...thank you Dale Hiatt. In case you did not know it, Dale donated all the brisket and dogs...and did all the cooking as well!

As for the game itself...much better quality of play than I think anyone really expected...the Green team won it 23-17 on a walk off grand slam tater by UNT88....Brian Futrell! What a great way to end the game...well, if you were on the green team I guess! :-). Lots of homers, some great fielding, and yes...a bit of comedy as well.

The Home Run Derby prior to the game was won by GREG who hit three of six swings out of the park. Our second place honor went to none other than Emmitt01 who put two of six swings out!

Now...for the reason the game is played...while I have a couple of auction items to collect...trust me...no problem there...the returns show that After all expenses, the UNT Softball Scholarship Fund will be receiving $1557.00 from the inaugural softball game!

A really nice first game net folks....and could not have happened without our players, sponsors and volunteers! I am so proud to be part of a group of people willing to participate in these events to help provide scholarship funds for UNT student-athlete scholarships. You folks are the best!

Hey...it was so much fun that even our umpires UNTFlyer and Marshall had a pretty darn easy time of it...I don't think even one spectator or player even booed them...not once! :-)

Thanks again to all...it was a great day to be part of the Mean Green Nation!

Thanks to untcampbell and Ragemaster5000 for helping to get this event set up and for all your help in seeing that it was a success! I think this event might just be a "keeper", and we add it to the series...what say you?

• Upvote 5

Great total! Very much appreciate everyone.

I am in next year...but cede coaching responsibilities to proven winners...like Emmitt!

Any feedback would be appreciated on how we can improve the event next year, but man, Commissioner Mark just does a great job with these events.

Meant to mention in another thread how much I appreciate the guys from NT that helped...apologize if I don't get these names right:

Trey Askew, facilities coordinator, who made sure the field was in beautiful shape for us...great outfield grass!

Brian (?), who did an excellent job announcing.

Thanks to Ms. Atterberry and Michelle (Michagb) for getting us organized and collecting cash. Enjoyed meeting you both. I am sure I missed some, and got names wrong. But we appreciate everyone that helped.

GMG

• Upvote 1

Guys...I appreciate the kind words, but these things do not happen without so many other folks helping, and, of course, you guys signing up to play.

You know...I looked back at some old records, and since I became associated with these games several years ago (I just don't have records before then...and don't have complete records of the ones I have been involved in either), it appears that EE (and the operative word here is certainly "we") have raised in excess of $15,000 for various areas of UNT Athletics! That's not chicken feed!

Thank you ALL...you are the ones who make it happen!

Go Mean Green!

• Upvote 2

I had a great time out there today and would like to thank all those who had a hand in putting it together and making it run as smoothly as it did. This was my first game to participate in and I had a great time! I'll definitely be participating in future games.

It was also good to put faces to the names on the board and talk to a few of you!

GMG!

• Upvote 2

Sorry I couldn't make it out this year. Nephew's first birthday party. Hope to play next year. What field did you guys play at?

Lovelace Stadium...the UNT softball field. Hope to see you in the lineup next year.

• Upvote 1

I had a great time out there today and would like to thank all those who had a hand in putting it together and making it run as smoothly as it did. This was my first game to participate in and I had a great time! I'll definitely be participating in future games.

It was also good to put faces to the names on the board and talk to a few of you!

GMG!

Really happy to have you with us and to get to meet you. This is one of the reasons I continue to help with these events...getting to meet fellow GMG.Com and Mean Green Nation members. Glad you enjoyed it...hopefully, next year will be even better!

• Upvote 1