Congrats to our players

emmitt01

Yes, Troy is bad and isn't going to beat anyone when the threes are not falling. This game ending up just were the odds makers said, which for this NT team is a good thing.

I do think the shortened bench helped out, as Benford was forced to limit his substitutions at least a little. Only issue, I had was I didn't understand the shorter minutes for Alzee.

This team in this game, did what they should have done and that is a very good thing. With another very winnable game Saturday, maybe this can jump start this team. Even with all the injuries, NT still has enough talent to win the Belt if they can get on a roll.

• Upvote 1

I basically agree with all of that GrandGreen. I'm not a believer yet, but last night was cause for a bit of optimism. We HAVE to win on Saturday to get some momentum for the road game in Little Rock. That place has always been a house of horrors for us - so we need to go in with all guns blazing to have any shot there IMHO.

• Upvote 1

Hardwick had 31 minutes....for those of us not at the game, did he simply run the team better than Alzee (or Jones has in the past)? We haven't seen much of him to this point in the season. Shooting percentages were higher for most of our players, as well. It's just Troy, so it could be an aberation, but could it also be the product of better play at the point??

• Upvote 1

Glad for the win. Like I've been saying though, Troy and ULM are the worst teams in this conference. Hate to be Major League Randy Quaid, just trying to be realistic

Oh you have been saying that? I thought anyone could tell by looking at their records. Thanks for that little bit of info ;)

• Downvote 1

Hardwick had 31 minutes....for those of us not at the game, did he simply run the team better than Alzee (or Jones has in the past)? We haven't seen much of him to this point in the season. Shooting percentages were higher for most of our players, as well. It's just Troy, so it could be an aberation, but could it also be the product of better play at the point??

He is a better distributor and he works well with Tony. I think Niko had a huge impact as well. His defense has really improved and he can do it all at 6ft 9in. Hardwicks quick, but he has not shown a lot on the offensive end when it comes to scoring.

He is a better distributor and he works well with Tony. I think Niko had a huge impact as well. His defense has really improved and he can do it all at 6ft 9in. Hardwicks quick, but he has not shown a lot on the offensive end when it comes to scoring.

Yea, I think Hardwick doesn't seem to ever look for his shot. I think part of it may be that given his size, it can be tough for him to get his shot off.

Yea, I think Hardwick doesn't seem to ever look for his shot. I think part of it may be that given his size, it can be tough for him to get his shot off.

Yea. Josh was short as well but he did manage to get in the paint. We do not really know if PJ can knock down a shot or a 3 because we have not seen a lot of his game yet. I do like him running the point though.

I am curious where the people are who called me an idiot for wanting more Niko, Jordan and PJ with Tony. I do want to see Colman more because I feel he has a lot of potential.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yea. Josh was short as well but he did manage to get in the paint. We do not really know if PJ can knock down a shot or a 3 because we have not seen a lot of his game yet. I do like him running the point though.

I am curious where the people are who called me an idiot for wanting more Niko, Jordan and PJ with Tony. I do want to see Colman more because I feel he has a lot of potential.

They're waiting to see your theory tested against someone other than the functional equivalent of TWU.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I love Nikos game. Who takes the ball better to the basket then Niko? He is long and has a soft touch. He has a perimeter game as well.

I am saying this obviouslly knowing there are a few, but he is consistently able to get to where he wants to go. He is one of a few players who can create their own shot.

He had the best game of his career. Don't get too cocky. His offensive game wasn't really the issue. I wanted to see him paired with Mitchell to take some of the offensive pressure off Tony in the block. Rebounding and defense are the major areas of concern with Niko. That was his best defensive effort in a UNT jersey, I hope it continues and he increases the drive for rebounding.

• Upvote 1