Congrats to our players

emmitt01

I see people on here talking about the athletic department making excuses and not doing everything they should to make this successful. I'm only suggesting that if folks want to bitch and make excuses about why people don't attend or get involved, they should make sure they're not part of the issue.

Like I told my kids, you can't complain about politicians if you didn't vote in the election.

Dangerous territory here Green dude....you are hitting a tad close to home for some people here. They won't look in the mirror, but they will blame you and soon start calling you names because they can't think of any other response.

Plus one for you, Sir.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Dangerous territory here Green dude....you are hitting a tad close to home for some people here. They won't look in the mirror, but they will blame you and soon start calling you names because they can't think of any other response.

Plus one for you, Sir.

Haha! I guess when the excuses run out the name calling will begin.... BTW, before they call me one, I'm no apologist for the AD or coaching staffs. I just believe, probably in an old fashioned way, you express dissatisfaction in a private way to those who can affect change rather than a bunch of beer pongers.

Can you imagine the power of this board if people used it to generate positive interest in UNT athletics rather than constantly brand it negatively. Hell, we could prob solve the national debt. Wait, I suppose UNT athletics isn't that important.....

I really don't think this message board holds any weight whatsoever. We're all just a bunch of nerds behind a keyboard who don't know jack about jack, after all. I'm really glad certain individuals can remain positive, I really am. I think people who do try to get the ear of the AD realize it's deaf. So they try the other ear and they find it's deaf too.. Truth is I think most know that unless you have millions to donate you mean nothing to them and have no say whatsoever. Doesn't matter how long you've been a MGC member, season ticket holder for numerous sports. I wish I had a few disposable millions to give. But I am just a dude working hard trying to provide for my family. And a guy who loves his alma matter, but can't stand the Athletic Department underachievers. I think I can say we all want the same thing, for NT Athletics to realize its potential. But like my old man, the coach, used to say... "potential don't play." I think the thought of a lot of alumni who want to back athletics is like the dad who gives his kids an allowance of $10.If the kid can't manage $10 why on earth give him $100? Just a guess though.

Go Mean Green!

Edited by filmerj
  • Upvote 2

Plus one for you, Sir.

Let's get specific here. No more royal "theys". I want to know which poster you think "can't complain because they didnt vote".
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Haha! I guess when the excuses run out the name calling will begin.... BTW, before they call me one, I'm no apologist for the AD or coaching staffs. I just believe, probably in an old fashioned way, you express dissatisfaction in a private way to those who can affect change rather than a bunch of beer pongers.

Can you imagine the power of this board if people used it to generate positive interest in UNT athletics rather than constantly brand it negatively. Hell, we could prob solve the national debt. Wait, I suppose UNT athletics isn't that important.....

Is this board really that infectious? Can we blame a few posters on a board for all of our issues?

I do know that attendance has been up even for dodge in football, and basketball attendance is still there. I saw a pretty good crowd at the womens game the other day. I'm assuming there hasn't been a drop off in donations, and would be willing to say I'd expect they went up.

That would seem to indicate that this forum doesn't really have a negative or positive influence on donations and support despite the comments on bad basketball. Otherwise, we can say that johnny jones's success and the tourney trips and increases in attendance and donations over the past decade to 15 years for all sports has been solely attributed to this fine board that Harry owns and operates. And, that he and his merry moderators are far more responsible for the success and failure of unt athletics than the people in the offices off of Bonnie brae and union circle.

That, my friends, would be hilarious. It's not accurate though, right? Surely we go mean greeners aren't the only donors to the program... Surely our fan base extends beyond the usual 40-50 users posting regularly on this message board, right?

Question no info.

Edited by MeanMag
  • Upvote 1

Is this board really that infectious? Can we blame a few posters on a board for all of our issues?

I do know that attendance has been up even for dodge in football, and basketball attendance is still there. I saw a pretty good crowd at the womens game the other day. I'm assuming there hasn't been a drop off in donations, and would be willing to say I'd expect they went up.

That would seem to indicate that this forum doesn't really have a negative or positive influence on donations and support despite the comments on bad basketball. Otherwise, we can say that johnny jones's success and the tourney trips and increases in attendance and donations over the past decade to 15 years for all sports has been solely attributed to this fine board that Harry owns and operates. And, that he and his merry moderators are far more responsible for the success and failure of unt athletics than the people in the offices off of Bonnie brae and union circle.

That, my friends, would be hilarious. It's not accurate though, right? Surely we go mean greeners aren't the only donors to the program... Surely our fan base extends beyond the usual 40-50 users posting regularly on this message board, right?

Question no info.

Truth. People seriously overrate the importance of discussions on forums. It's the online "sports bar". Just a gathering place to talk.

• Upvote 1