FAU to CUSA

GangGreen

Unfortunately, this whole thing has not played out yet.

You may be right in terms of the Belt needing to make some moves but I think there is also a good chance that things above us stabilize, at least for awhile. ESPN is heading into bowl season and they won't want a lot of realignment stories taking away from their bowl TV numbers.

If it was me, I would say Boise and SDSU will announce they are definitively staying in the Big East. The money will be just enough better to justify it and they won't want to say they made a mistake and have to go back. I think this is the best scenario for us actually. If those two schools pull out of the Big East it could get crazy and C-USA would be further gutted perhaps even in Texas and with SMU pulling strings we would be the odd man out.

So how many teams has Karl Benson lost as a commissioner now?

Between WAC 1.0, WAC 2.0 and the Sun Belt? Pretty much all of them? Twat.

Edit:

BYU

NMSU

Utah

Wyoming

Colorado St

UTEP

SDSU

Hawaii

Air Force

UNLV

TCU

Rice

SMU

Fresno

Tulsa

Nevada

Boise St

UNT

FIU

FAU

MTSU

This is nearly 18% of all college teams. Nearly 1 in 5 college football teams in existence have told Karl to go shove it in his hat.

Edited by oldguystudent
  • Upvote 3

So with the addition of Middle Tennessee and Florida Atlantic, is this correct?

CUSA East

Marshall

Old Dominion

Charlotte

FIU

FAU

UAB

MUTS

CUSA West

UNT

Tulsa

La. Tech

Southern Miss

Rice

UTEP

UTSA

Poor Marshall... they really got shafted on this one. I wouldn't be surprised if they threw them a bone and kept USM on their side.

• Upvote 1

Here are my thoughts on the new C-USA and the nBE now that we added Tulane. I'm on extremely thin ice and can only post once a day, so I'll sum it all up with a picture.

2012-Browns.jpeg

I don't get it. Is this your arson when you throw a fit about mom burning the meatloaf?

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1

Here are my thoughts on the new C-USA and the nBE now that we added Tulane. I'm on extremely thin ice and can only post once a day, so I'll sum it all up with a picture.

2012-Browns.jpeg

Wow, one post allowable per day, and Cougar Queen decides to plagiarize a post from the CUSA Cnbbs board, play it off as his own OC.

Real classy there.

• Upvote 2

Lifer, don't worry, la la will be in our conference sooner than later. Western Ky, and Arky St won't be far behind. I can't imagine that S. Miss, Marshall, and Central Florida are thrilled with the eastern division of Conference USA right now.

Central Florida is already long gone. So. Miss and Marshall don't have tv markets that bowl anyone over. I agree with Harry that FAU is a great addition over Tulane and MTSU is an able replacement for East Carolina. With the additions in the Big East and the defections, I can't see that their tv contract will be that much better than C-USA. With 2014 coming there will be four 14 team "super conferences"- Big 10, Big 12, Pac 10, and SEC. There won't be that much difference in any of the rest of the conferences from a strength standpoint. It is always amusing when people on this board knock schools that they have never even visited. I have visited FAU several times and they are doing it right with a beautiful new stadium and a great campus with a formidable talent base. Much more committed than Tulane. As for MTSU they are already kicking our butt and going bowling. I think if we have other defections in the East ULaLa is a great addition and a fun place for a "roadie". If we were to lose UTEP to MWC New Mexico State was probably our most long time rival before its move to the WAC and would ablely replace UTEP.

Edited by DallasGreen

That group shows why the CUSA, even after the defections, is a step up from the Sun Belt for UNT. Three Texas schools as conference mates (vs. none in the Belt) and two border state schools with a bigger profile than the old two (UL-Lafayette and UL-Monroe).

Until ODU and Charlotte are ready for D-1 I see La Tech in the East not the west