Tomorrow night's game...

UNTstormchaser

Is the single biggest game in program history. In a dacade we'll look back on this game with either pride or grave disappointment. This is a rare opportunity to beat a better team at home on national TV, while showcasing the new stadium to the world. A win will put student pride at an all time high, it'll get the world to notice us, and it'll be the major turning point in the direction of this program. A loss means status quo, which is not okay with me at all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Is the single biggest game in program history. In a dacade we'll look back on this game with either pride or grave disappointment. This is a rare opportunity to beat a better team at home on national TV, while showcasing the new stadium to the world. A win will put student pride at an all time high, it'll get the world to notice us, and it'll be the major turning point in the direction of this program. A loss means status quo, which is not okay with me at all.

Well, well, well. Look who sobered up and came back into the light. The green light that is.

Edited by CurveItAround
  • Upvote 3

It really is. We cannot lose. I don't think UL-L knows what they're walking into.

• Upvote 1

I don't know about that... It's a big game.. But is it really the biggest??

It's important. But I certainly think that there have been many more important games in NT's history.

• Upvote 1

What's refreshing is this is the third one of these games this season, with Troy and Houston being the other two. Been a little while that this many games felt like they had this much meaning. Now we just need to win one of them...

Troy was important as was Houston. This is way more important, though.

Edited by meangreener

I think you're overselling what a win would mean. One regular season win over anyone doesn't mean crap unless you can build off it. And we're playing another Sun Belt team so no one will be overly impressed.

Edited by UNTcrazy727
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

If we don't win, JJ is fired? Are we doing that here now?

My sources, which are about as reliable as Chris Broussard's sources, tell me that LSU already has the paperwork filled out to fire JJ in the event we lose.

• Upvote 1

I believe it really is the biggest game. This is an unprecedented opportunity to showcase our school on national television during a time where there are zero other college football games on (the fact that the Rangers aren't playing will help too...), and I really feel that a win will excite the fanbase beyond something we've ever seen, and that it'll do so much for publicity that we can't even begin to imagine right now. This is one of those opportunities that come across once in a decade or so...we have a brand new stadium, we're the "underdog" but at home, the game is on national TV, there WILL be at least 25K at the game....this is just such a perfect opportunity. Obviously, a win is just something to build upon. But the amount of building one can do off of this win is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Yes, this is huge for us, but does anybody remember who played in the last ESPN2 Tuesday night game, let alone won?

There is a reason why the Belt has to play these games on Tuesday to get on ESPN2, nobody outside of the Sunbelt world really cares, unfortunately.

I don't remember who played the early NFL game last Sunday on CBS yet its a big deal to have the game televised. The event doesn't have to be memorable...it just has to happen and have the nation notice who is playing at that time.

I believe it really is the biggest game. This is an unprecedented opportunity to showcase our school on national television during a time where there are zero other college football games on (the fact that the Rangers aren't playing will help too...), and I really feel that a win will excite the fanbase beyond something we've ever seen, and that it'll do so much for publicity that we can't even begin to imagine right now. This is one of those opportunities that come across once in a decade or so...we have a brand new stadium, we're the "underdog" but at home, the game is on national TV, there WILL be at least 25K at the game....this is just such a perfect opportunity. Obviously, a win is just something to build upon. But the amount of building one can do off of this win is ridiculous.

We have played a Tuesday night game before.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

There is no way this is the biggest game ever. It is a big game this season but let's not get overly dramatic. It's ESPN2 going up against a presidential debate while we are having another losing season.

A solid winning season would be better than one game every time. We should have a solid performance either way. Our team is good but we need to get it together and play 4 solid quarters on Offense, Defense, and Special Teams for the first time in a while. Drinking beer will help them.