Actual UNT/UH Prediction Thread

UNT - 24

UoH - 19

I think we see a bit more invention on offense this week...think more the Kansas State game than Troy or FAU...with Brelan being used in a wild-cat and on jet-sweeps a bit more frequently. I'd like to see Brown and Jimmerson continue to get involved in the passing game like they were last week, especially on first down to help keep the Cougar defense honest. The O-Line had a surprisingly off game last week...even against stacked lines they've shown an ability to create holes for Byrd and Jimmerson. Power's return should benefit the run game greatly.

Defensively, Piland has been mistake prone. Our defense has 8 picks through 5 games...and quite a few dropped picks...with McCoy back and the defensive line constantly improving I think we'll be able to generate good pressure and force a few turnovers. Sims is dangerous, both on the ground and as a receiver, but I've confidence in our LB corp to keep him contained.

If special teams is a push...no glaring mistakes on our side...I like UNT's chances.

• Upvote 1

I agree CBL.

I think offensively, coach Canales is going to throw the kitchen sink at this game as it will either put us at .500, or .333 going into conference play.

This game is going to be a defensive struggle.

If FAU-Olen shows up:

UNT:20 - Houston:17

If Troy-Olen shows up:

UNT: 7 - Houston: 24

How does Olen cost us a touchdown?

Houston Pass Defense 105th

Houston Run Defense 100th

Houston Pass Offense 8th

Houston Run Offense 74th

Houston Turnover Margin 109

North Texas Pass Defense 31st

North Texas Run Defense 60th

North Texas Pass Offense 97th

North Texas Run Offense 63rd

North Texas Turnover Margin 23rd

If North Texas can get line pressure on QB Piland, take advantage of turnovers, get some big plays on offense from Chancellor/Jimmerson and effectively run the ball to control the clock then I see it to be:

North Texas 37 Houston 28

If not then it will be a long day again in Houston.

• Upvote 2

I agree CBL.

I think offensively, coach Canales is going to throw the kitchen sink at this game as it will either put us at .500, or .333 going into conference play.

This game is going to be a defensive struggle.

If FAU-Olen shows up:

UNT:20 - Houston:17

If Troy-Olen shows up:

UNT: 7 - Houston: 24

Honestly, I think Olen has been taking a beating and bearing the brunt of the NT loss to Troy a bit unfairly. Look, the dude missed from 47 & 40. Certainly not chip shots. He's definitely capable of making those kicks (as evidenced with the performance last week) but they pulled him and let the kid take the 3rd chip shot which missed. I happen to think Olen makes that kick if given the opportunity and the rest of that game turns out differently.

As to the actual topic at hand:

UNT - 21

UH - 17

Another hard fought game by the defense that reminds me more and more of the early 2000's units.

• Upvote 1

Honestly, I think Olen has been taking a beating and bearing the brunt of the NT loss to Troy a bit unfairly. Look, the dude missed from 47 & 40. Certainly not chip shots. He's definitely capable of making those kicks (as evidenced with the performance last week) but they pulled him and let the kid take the 3rd chip shot which missed. I happen to think Olen makes that kick if given the opportunity and the rest of that game turns out differently.

As to the actual topic at hand:

UNT - 21

UH - 17

Another hard fought game by the defense that reminds me more and more of the early 2000's units.

I tend to agree, but you have to remember people are not forgetting the blocked field goal (probably not his fault), kicking a line drive kickoff straight to a stud returner, and missing an extra point, in the K-State game right before Troy. He's my adopted player, however, and still has my support. He's turning things around.

• Upvote 1

I would like to see UNT come out in a 4 wide spread the entire 1st half. If Houston still wants to put 8 in the box, If not, zone read them to death and run the ball like Texas St.

If they load the box, it's up to DT to win the game.

I think we open it up a bunch more this week, but a lack of QB pressure eventually wears down the defense.

31-21 UH

Yes, my previous prediction was sarcasm.

$15-20 according to their online site if any are available. Website does not offer this option for the North Texas game, but does off GA option for upcoming games.

Here is a game preview and some UH stats from the UH website:

http://www.uhcougars.../100312aac.html

Oh, and:

Mean Green - 28

UH - 27

I don't expect us to keep them from moving the ball up and down the field. A lot will depend on the defense's ability to force a few field goal attempts instead of TD's and hopefully a couple of turnovers. I think we will move the ball reasonably well, but can't afford to get in shootout.

Edited by CurveItAround

Does anyone know how much a GA will cost at Roberston? I just found out we are going to Houston for a club baseball tourney so I will be going to the game.

We jacked up our ticket prices due to high demand, so if you buy a ticket on our athletic site for 35 bucks, it will come out to around 50 with taxes and all that good stuff added to it. You may be able to buy one cheaper on stubhub or somebody on this site.

http://ev6.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventInfo?ticketCode=GS%3AHOUSTON%3AF12%3AFB03%3A&linkID=houston&shopperContext=&pc=&caller=&appCode=&groupCode=FSG1&cgc=

As for the game. If the UNT secondary do not cover the receivers and let Piland get hot. The game will get out of hand fast, I'm going to say that the Coogs take this one 38-21.

Edited by Cougar King

Does anyone know how much a GA will cost at Roberston? I just found out we are going to Houston for a club baseball tourney so I will be going to the game.

i have two "extra" tickets (due to dropouts in my group) I can sell you - send me a PM.