McCarney Letter to Students

James329

looks like one of you started a new viral meme of bashing the author of "Opinion: Investigating shady tuition fees is critical" anywhere possible on the internet... see the comments section at the bottom of this article.

not sure who you are Joe F, but well played.

Also, did anybody watch the "DIY Beer Bottle Bookends" video on the right side of the comments?

Step 1: Fill 2 empty beer bottles with water

Step 2: Put a cap on each

Step 3: Place beside books

This guy should file a patent!

• Upvote 3

Also, did anybody watch the "DIY Beer Bottle Bookends" video on the right side of the comments?

I'm trying to +1 you, but I'm laughing too hard to keep the cursor on the "up" arrow.

• Upvote 1

LOL ...Nice one Greenie!!!

Don't know what else Coach Mac can do, off the playing field that is, to get UNT students involved and into the habit of supporting the team. The guy has been everywhere on campus, been to student events and rallies, written letters, etc., etc. And, he has the team on the track for a winning season and many winning seasons to come. So, let's all hope that is effort is rewarded this weekend with a great turnout of students at Apogee. Let's hope all who come out before the game to party and tailgate also actually make it into Apogee for the game. Crowd noise matters and it makes home field into a home field advantage.

See you at Apogee Saturday...thanks Coach Mac for the efforts you and your team are making.

• Upvote 3

Don't know what else Coach Mac can do, off the playing field that is, to get UNT students involved and into the habit of supporting the team. The guy has been everywhere on campus, been to student events and rallies, written letters, etc., etc. And, he has the team on the track for a winning season and many winning seasons to come. So, let's all hope that is effort is rewarded this weekend with a great turnout of students at Apogee. Let's hope all who come out before the game to party and tailgate also actually make it into Apogee for the game. Crowd noise matters and it makes home field into a home field advantage.

See you at Apogee Saturday...thanks Coach Mac for the efforts you and your team are making.

Couldn't agree more. But eventually he needs to turn ALL his attention to changing the culture of the football team (which he has just about done) and at the same time SOMEONE ELSE (AD, Ass. Ad, head of promotions etc etc) needs to be working on changing the culture of the campus, faculty and student body.

• Upvote 1

I wish someone/people would change the culture of the city of Denton.

Couldn't agree more. But eventually he needs to turn ALL his attention to changing the culture of the football team (which he has just about done) and at the same time SOMEONE ELSE (AD, Ass. Ad, head of promotions etc etc) needs to be working on changing the culture of the campus, faculty and student body.

• Upvote 3

I know it's just me wondering, but what is a "viral meme", seriously?

I know it's just me wondering, but what is a "viral meme", seriously?

"A meme is an idea that behaves like a virus--that moves through a population, taking hold in each person it infects."

As much time as it took for you to type that out.... you could have Googled it.