Let's help support #81 Johnny Quinn

Harry

gallery_1_124_41660.jpg

As many of you know, one of our great former Mean Green players Johnny Quinn is a participant on the US Bobsledding Team which will compete in the upcoming 2014 Winter Games. I know all of us are proud of Johnny and his accomplishments, including his induction to the UNT Hall of Fame last year. #81 is now moving his game onto a global stage where he will represent both UNT and our entire country.

To do their very best, the US team needs our donations to help them get the best equipment and support. For a small donation, Johnny will personally sign an 8x10 bobsled picture for people to display at home or office as an appreciation for supporting an Olympic hopeful. He also has other photos as well - Green Bay, UNT, etc.

I have attached 2 links, one to Johnny's website, and one to the interview from CW33. Please check them out and do what you can to help support one of our very best in a worthy cause.

http://www.JohnnyQuinnUSA.com/Store

http://www.the33tv.c...ful#pl-62805430

Go USA and Go Mean Green!

Harry

• 3 weeks later...

Is that really Johnny in the photo?

Yes it IS him!! he needs our help -- if you have a Mean Green room this is a must have item for the wall. I have mine in my office. The Winter Olympics is not like the Summer Olympics...the participants need financial support to make it happen or it won't. Please help if you can! GMG!

Just sent my contribution to Johnny! Come on folks...Mean green nation...let's get those donations flowing. Johnny has come back...when he can...to play in the GMG.Com flag football games and supports the Mean green. It's out turn to support Johnny in his efforts....Together we can help Johnny and the US Bobsled team on to victory in the 2014 Winter games! Let's make this happen!

• Upvote 1

Just sent my contribution to Johnny! Come on folks...Mean green nation...let's get those donations flowing. Johnny has come back...when he can...to play in the GMG.Com flag football games and supports the Mean green. It's out turn to support Johnny in his efforts....Together we can help Johnny and the US Bobsled team on to victory in the 2014 Winter games! Let's make this happen!

Yeah he knocked me on my butt after lifting me through the air about 5 feet.

donation sent!!

• Downvote 1

gallery_1_124_41660.jpg

As many of you know, one of our great former Mean Green players Johnny Quinn is a participant on the US Bobsledding Team which will compete in the upcoming 2014 Winter Games. I know all of us are proud of Johnny and his accomplishments, including his induction to the UNT Hall of Fame last year. #81 is now moving his game onto a global stage where he will represent both UNT and our entire country.

To do their very best, the US team needs our donations to help them get the best equipment and support. For a small donation, Johnny will personally sign an 8x10 bobsled picture for people to display at home or office as an appreciation for supporting an Olympic hopeful. He also has other photos as well - Green Bay, UNT, etc.

I have attached 2 links, one to Johnny's website, and one to the interview from CW33. Please check them out and do what you can to help support one of our very best in a worthy cause.

http://www.JohnnyQuinnUSA.com/Store

http://www.the33tv.c...ful#pl-62805430

Go USA and Go Mean Green!

Harry

what is the PHK 1:29 thing in the bottom right?

• Downvote 1

This is great timing, I talked to Johnny online the other day. He has so many cool things going on and of course there is no way to say which is the coolest! He's also speaking to organizations all over the place to help spread the word and raise funds; if you want him to speak at a meeting or function, PM me and I can give you the email address of his scheduler.

Edited by JesseMartin

Received my signed photo in the mail yesterday...way cool. I know the Mean green nation can help get Johnny a ride in Sochi...so, let's get this on! UNT 90 GRAD...love your idea...I'll be there and I'll donate if you guys can get this on...if I can help in anyway...let me know!

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been talking to Johnny some more about fundraising options and if you looked around his website a bit you may already know this, but he's sponsored by AdvoCare. If you go to the page mentioned in the first post (but not the "Store" part) www.JohnnyQuinnUSA.com you'll see a link for "Johnny's Nutrition". You can buy packages of multiple items meant to be used together or you can look around and buy them "a la carte" but what's cool is that a portion of every sale made through linking off of his page goes directly to his Bobsled fund. Because it's top-of-the-line stuff, it's a bit pricier than what you might normally get at the supermarket or local pharmacy, but I'll be ordering a couple of things just to help out a bit. Remember that if you order anything, if you want his fund to benefit, you have to link to it off of his page and not from anywhere else.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just saw Johnny and the bobsled team in the pre-opening ceremony shots. His tweet about it being so awesome gives me goose bumps. What an experience for one of our own.

GO Mean Green!

GO USA!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...