Shocked.

pastorgrant

That guy is a moron... and I doubt that he even pulled up and looked inside. His wife probably didn't even realize that it is a bowl.

they just added their endzone in 08 for 30+ Million. Before that and probably still..... their stadium is comparable to ULM's.

I have always liked USM and even their stadium but let's be real......if we wanted to expand to 50+k we could EASILY do it... could they?

There is a word I'm thinking of. It's a magic word. It can be a noun, an adjective, an adverb, a transitive verb, an intransitive verb, an interjection and an exclamation. It can describe pain, pleasure, hate and love. As one of the most useful and most frequently uttered words in the English language, I give absolutely zero of this word what somebody on a CUSA message board has to say about Apogee.

• Upvote 2

I think we all know he's way off base but you know we need to be prepared for some grenades from the resident C-USA folks until we start winning again. That's just the way of the world when you are the new kid. By and large I have found the C-USA folks to be pretty cool.

I was feeling hostile towards the dude, even though wanting to feel sorry for some guy with a wife who thinks she sees all from a service road. Does she not realize that the first concrete poured for Apogee was for a womens' restroom? Then I went out to skyscrapercity.com and actually did feel sorry for him and USM, what with the thread for their stadium having only about 8 replies, half dismissive, with the next to the last one hijacking the thing with a google earth view of the Hattiesburg sewage lagoons (identified by the last reply, "you know, the smelly stuff"). If we think it's hard being green, just think of what it's like being from a place described by one as "Southern Mississippiesh". Here's that link:

http://www.skyscrape...d.php?t=1402550

Here's the link to the thread for Apogee (go to the first post of the fourth page for a link to KingDL1's pics on GMG.com):

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=716944

Of course, there's some disrespect in there about our recent lack of winning, but just thought I'd link to something that's not really "homerish" one way or the other. Folks, truth and beauty are in the eye of the beholder.

Edited by eulessismore
  • Upvote 1

I would say that I had no idea Mississippi allowed gay marriage, but I think that would be inappropriate for this forum. :surrender: Comparable to a high school or Delta State's stadium? :rolleyes1: Ridiculous! Either that guy is simply talking smack to the new kids on the block, or he and his partner have some serious problems. I thought at the beginning he was talking Fouts, and maybe he was at first but didn't want to admit his error after seeing pictures of Apogee.

i'm pretty sure there are two things that outsiders can say about UNT right now to get us instantly fired up:

1.) Apogee sucks

2.) Tony Mitchell is overrated

we should have more things on this list... we need to improve so that we get pissed off about everything!!!!

• Upvote 2

I would say that I had no idea Mississippi allowed gay marriage, but I think that would be inappropriate for this forum. :surrender: Comparable to a high school or Delta State's stadium? :rolleyes1: Ridiculous! Either that guy is simply talking smack to the new kids on the block, or he and his partner have some serious problems. I thought at the beginning he was talking Fouts, and maybe he was at first but didn't want to admit his error after seeing pictures of Apogee.

Regarding Delta State, you have to admit that Horace McCool is a pretty good name for a stadium!

http://www.gostatesmen.com/sports/2008/7/22/FB_0722081459.aspx?path=football

1.) Apogee sucks

2.) Tony Mitchell is overrated

3.) Anything posted by GL2Greatness

Updated for accuracy.

we need to improve so that we get pissed off about everything!!!!

You need to head over the the Pie forum, I am pretty sure we already do and the evidence is all there.

Edited by forevereagle

Many USM fans bemoan their current status. They have won consistently but still didn't get the offer. I wonder why those fans won't to take it out on the new conference members. No one but a fool would think they could judge a stadium by an outside look.

I think USM is kind of the Troy of CUSA. Good football but In the middle of nowhere with low academic standards and a big chip on their shoulder.

It's been a good ten years since I've been to Hattiesburg, and I wasn't overly impressed with their stadium at that time or their campus buildings. The stadium kind of looked like Rice Stadium divided by half, which isn't terrible, but not anything which justifies his trash mouthing other stadiums. Especially new state of the art and easily expandable Apogee.

The only negative I get out of Apogee is the parking for the masses, and as someone posted earlier, that is very much still a work in progress. I sure hope all USM grads/students aren't as ignorant as that guy. Maybe he's just blind as a bat and needs to find himself a new wife who passes on less disinformation.

• Upvote 1

Unless they toured the food preparation areas of Apogee, why does anyone give a crud what this dude's old lady thinks of a FOOTBALL STADIUM?

I don't, but last time I posted "who cares" someone took offense after not understanding what I was trying to say.....

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1