Helmet thread

The script does not show up on television except during close up shots. Besides, when watching a game on television, I usually know who the teams are prior to seeing close up shots of either team's helmets. The argument about people not knowing who were are and the need for the script is worn out.

Maybe we to put the website address on the helmet www.UNT.edu

• Upvote 1

WTF was 1994 thinking?

They weren't. No one on the team cared for them either. They were cheap and got torn to shreds after a few hits in pregame. A lot of the logos UNT has worn looks like high school nonsense.

Folks on the boards say these design threads are crap but the players are really critical of that stuff. They have to wear it. UNT needs to stop having an image crisis. Figure out something unique and stick with it. It's busch league.

• Upvote 2

WTF was 1994 thinking?

Better than 1995.

AlsoI think the flying worm helmets worn during the Fry era are terrible. Seriously, that doesn't even look like an eagle. Some of the old fossils on this site want that helmet back because they associate it with winning. I think Fry had more to do with that than the helmets.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Better than 1995.

AlsoI think the flying worm helmets worn during the Fry era are terrible. Seriously, that doesn't even look like an eagle. Some of the old fossils on this site want that helmet back because they associate it with winning. I think Fry had more to do with that than the helmets.

Of course it's ugly. That's what makes it so unique. Itd be cool to wear for a throw back game, but that's it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Better than 1995.

Get ready!

• Upvote 2

I knew I would get negative rep for this, but it's obvious most of you agree with me. The current helmet isn't bad, but it's not great. I probably shouldn't have referred to it as an FCS helmet, but SOW on a green helmet heading in to CUSA would signify change. Change in that we don't have to have our name on our helmet, people know us by now. We're not FIU we've been playing football for 100 years and the simple text helmet makes us look small time. SOW is the best logo we have ever had, it's at midfield, why not use it?

I'm waiting for someone to mock up a helmet with SOW with "NORTH TEXAS" on top of it or under it (ala the Boise State helmets). That may get my vote (as if it mattered) and, if done right, might address some of the primary concerns folks seem to have...IMHO. It sure would be nice if we could land on something and stick with it.

I knew I would get negative rep for this, but it's obvious most of you agree with me. The current helmet isn't bad, but it's not great. I probably shouldn't have referred to it as an FCS helmet, but SOW on a green helmet heading in to CUSA would signify change. Change in that we don't have to have our name on our helmet, people know us by now. We're not FIU we've been playing football for 100 years and the simple text helmet makes us look small time. SOW is the best logo we have ever had, it's at midfield, why not use it?

Simple, they go back and forth with different eagle images and its getting old. The current helmet is as unoriginal as it could possibly be. Not that my opinion matters but I would vote for the green flag. It would be recognized, original, and timeless.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have to admit that I'm one who is NOT beaten down by helmet talk. The current one sucks. It needs to change, so the more discussion, the more hope I have that someday it will...preferably sooner than later.

I agree.

Is there honestly anyone who just absolutely loves our current helmets? I'm smelling a poll....

Our current helmet could be much better with some form of SOW on it. However, we all know as long as RV is running the show, "NORTH TEXAS" will be plastered as big as possible on the helmet. At this point, I'd be happy with some black trim, black facemasks, and a set of alternate black jerseys.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Our current helmet could be much better with some form of SOW on it. However, we all know as long as RV is running the show, "NORTH TEXAS" will be plastered as big as possible on the helmet. At this point, I'd be happy with some black trim, black facemasks, and a set of alternate black jerseys.

Then RV must go! :ass:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

north-tex-cncpt.gif

MG's Helmets had this as an option. I'm not a fan but I've never seen any design like this before.

Besides my horrible photoshop job, I think this would look incredible. Like someone else said, black will never happen given the past, but I still think this would look great with our current uniforms which I have no problem with.

10igmit.jpg

I don't get the obsession with black. Just have a green helmet and white logo.

But then how would people know who we are? Oh wait, maybe they'd hear the announcers say our name every 30 secs or see it on the screen the entire game...

• Upvote 1

I don't get the obsession with black. Just have a green helmet and white logo.

If done correctly a black uniform with our green in the rotation would look really sharp in my opinion. We can still have the green uniforms and white uniforms but having a 3rd uniform in rotation would be great. It is also a way to sell more merchandise.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1