Auburn RB Michael Dyer to Arkansas State

Coffee and TV

The many rumors of a possible transfer by Auburn running back Michael Dyer to join new Arkansas State Red Wolves head coach Gus Malzahn appear to have some truth to them.

National Football Authority has learned (from more than one source and all asked to remain anonymous) that Dyer, a sophomore All SEC running back at Auburn this season, filed paperwork this afternoon to enroll at Arkansas State University.

http://www.nationalfootballauthority.com/2012/01/auburn-tigers-rb-michael-dyer-filing.html

And the Arkansas State circle jerk on this board continues. The kid has issues. Him ending up in nowhere Arkansas is nothing to get worked up about. Oh, and Malzahn can still suck it.

What do I care about Arkansas State? He's a huge player that's transferring to a Sun Belt school, this is big news.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What issues does he have? He was a high school friend of my cousins son and they have nothing but good things to say about him. Good get for ASU and good upgrade for the Sun Belt.

Unless I'm having an epic brain fart and thinking of someone else, I've read there were disiplinary issues at Auburn that he just wanted to avoid by leaving. But, yay for the sun belt!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Yep. Just change "good" to "huge."

Quickly.

For those who don't see this as good, let me try to explain it. Anytime school in the SBC lands a proven or name coach, or adds a great player, it forces the rest of us, NT included to get better. It also slowly helps the conference to gain reputation. The better we ALL do, and the bigger names we get, the more our reputation is helped.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

While it occasionally seems sad how excited we get about "good" players coming to our "not-so-good" conference, this is a nice get for ASU or whatever, assuming it pans out. Even the SEC aka "The Greatest Conference in the History of Ever America to Infinity" was abuzz over the Cam Newton deal. This kid's a game-changer at the position. Excitement isn't without merit.

• Upvote 1