What's Up with the Concessions?

Side Show Joe

I got to the game and wanted a hamburger, so I went to the Sonic. When I got there, I was informed that the Sonic sells hotdogs, not burgers. WTF?! Then I walked over to the Rudy's to get a chopped beef sandwich, but they didn't take debit cards. So I walked down to the ATM, and it was out of service. This would all be very funny if it wasn't true.

I don't feel the concessions are maximizing their profits.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I got to the game and wanted a hamburger, so I went to the Sonic. When I got there, I was informed that the Sonic sells hotdogs, not burgers. WTF?! Then I walked over to the Rudy's to get a chopped beef sandwich, but they didn't take debit cards. So I walked down to the ATM, and it was out of service. This would all be very funny if it wasn't true.

I don't feel the concessions are maximizing their profits.

I believe the concession stands take credit cards. tell them to process your debit card as a credit card. I think they might work that way...haven't tried, but I am told they might.

I know at least some of them don't take credit cards. They are definitely losing money. I've seen people turned away. Once I saw a line at the atm that was about 20 people deep. A few wanting to go to it but turning around to head into the game because it was too long. Several people left the line and ended up not getting anything when they would have.

I think they will have to change their minds about taking credit cards eventually, because so many people don't carry cash. But in the meantime, we all just need to remember cash on gamedays.

They need to be taking credit cards at each concession stand. Sonic without burgers doesn't make much sense to me. If they're just gonna do their little bland hotdogs then they can go. I've become addicted to the Frito Pies with nacho sauce. So good.

Edited by Green P1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know at least some of them don't take credit cards. They are definitely losing money. I've seen people turned away. Once I saw a line at the atm that was about 20 people deep. A few wanting to go to it but turning around to head into the game because it was too long. Several people left the line and ended up not getting anything when they would have.

I think they will have to change their minds about taking credit cards eventually, because so many people don't carry cash. But in the meantime, we all just need to remember cash on gamedays.

especially when you think of college students. They rarely have cash and every one of them has a credit card.

You do realize its up to each individual vendor as to what they offer and if they take cards or not. UNT concessions all take cards and I know sonic makes a carbon copy and charges the next week. Maybe you should take up the cash only issue with Metzlers themselves. As for ATM machines, those are also owned by an outside company and if they say out of service that usually means they are out of cash. They have several around the concourse though so I don't see why it's so hard to walk to another. As for sonic, they don't have grills in the concession stands for them to run a full out sonic drive in. Think about where we are now from where we were at Fouts. There is a larger variety of vendors and stands all around the concourse instead of just 2 or 3 in the stadium.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

You do realize its up to each individual vendor as to what they offer and if they take cards or not. UNT concessions all take cards and I know sonic makes a carbon copy and charges the next week. Maybe you should take up the cash only issue with Metzlers themselves. As for ATM machines, those are also owned by an outside company and if they say out of service that usually means they are out of cash. They have several around the concourse though so I don't see why it's so hard to walk to another. As for sonic, they don't have grills in the concession stands for them to run a full out sonic drive in. Think about where we are now from where we were at Fouts. There is a larger variety of vendors and stands all around the concourse instead of just 2 or 3 in the stadium.

UNT concessions didn't take cards at the first game but I haven't tried again since then because I remembered cash after that.

As one poster said, the non UNT concessions are just that..not affiliated with UNT. It is common to not allow non-UNT merchants to take credit cards as they normally would at their restaurants, which is probably why you see some taking carbon copies at the moment. Most likely I think you will begin to see more and more concessions accepting cards, but if not all you can do is send a complaint to that merchant.

Am I the only one who thinks the food is just bad?

The popcorn, the chili dog from general concessions have been almost uneatable and then I tried the frito pie from sonic and that was bad too, not to mention all of these items were four dollars. I don't care that the items are expensive, that's a given at a sporting event, but the food is just bad IMO

Again, I'm not trying to feed in to the "we win and still complain" group but I just remember reading that concessions were going to be amped up, and I have been disappointed so far.

Am I the only one who thinks the food is just bad?

The popcorn, the chili dog from general concessions have been almost uneatable and then I tried the frito pie from sonic and that was bad too, not to mention all of these items were four dollars. I don't care that the items are expensive, that's a given at a sporting event, but the food is just bad IMO

Again, I'm not trying to feed in to the "we win and still complain" group but I just remember reading that concessions were going to be amped up, and I have been disappointed so far.

The Super Nachos are awesome.