DMN: SMUt on verge of getting Big East invite with 4 others

NT80

NT and La Tech to C-USA

WTF? The University of Louisiana has a much much better team, better market, and significantly better fan support than La Tech. Like North Texas, Louisiana uses a third party service to.accurately record attendance as recommended by the Neinas consultants. La Tech refuses to do so, and like ULM, they simply make up a number every week that they thinks sounds good.

If these teams leave C-USA and the MWC, North Texas will be right in the middle of this merger, and neither division of this new conference will have a team in DFW. This should be great for us. It is a bad time to be losing games. Hopefully Mac can figure something out by next weekend, and RV finds a way to fill the stands next Saturday. We can't post another FAU attendance this season. I'm sure people are keeping an eye on us.

23k scanned, but certainly not 23k in the stands for the full game.

BigPonyFan, one of the UH alums alledges that yall only had 500 to1,000 at your Homecoming game (that he attended) last Fall? Was it the weather? Well, we can relate but we got cruicified for having 13'x's the number of fans yall had for your 2010 Homecoming game at Ford in our own Apogee just 2 weeks ago in a weather game--got 6 inches of rain myself. Yet whether rain, snow, sleet, hail, Divine curse of frogs and locusts, the Trinity River turning blood red or anything............ but hellsbells.....still only 500 to 1,000 fans? I think North Texas has what seems 500 Apogee Stadium Game Day employees and attendants at any one home game alone.:rolleyes:

And many Coog's on the same UH message board are poking fun at "SMU's exxagerated and inflated attendance numbers" even asking why has SMU been asked in the first place by the Big East officials and..................... * who sold the BE on your school w/o that league apparently not doing their homework other than look at your football media guide on your annual attendance numbers (which certainly ours need to improve & will with wins) but while SMU's has not improved with a bowl game and in the midst of your 2'nd winning season in a row.

Care to elaborate on any of this and especially the alleged attendance numbers for your Homecoming game last year? Was it those 500 to 1,000 fans that convinced the Big East that yall could deliver the #4 ranked TV market in the USA?

* My guess is that ESPN and former SMU football player Craig James was SMU's front man on every bit of this; that is, James used his position in the market he works (New York) and made this BE project a challenge and then he became a relentless pittbull as he fictionalized, juked, jived and said whatever it took to get SMU into the Big East (while there are probably more deserving schools who do not have to constantly lie about their attendance on a regular basis). Again, just a theory but all this just shows how some college presidents in some of these Big 6 conferences need to butt out of the college football business. Just askin' &.........sayin'...

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

One of the UH alums alledges that yall only had 500 to1,000 at your Homecoming game last Fall? Weather? Well, if so, whether rain, snow, sleet, hail, Divine curse of frogs and locusts, death of first borns or anything but hellsbells.....still only 500 to 1,000 fans, BigPonyFan? :o

And many Coog's on the same UH message board are poking fun at "SMU's exxagerated and inflated attendance numbers" even asking why has SMU been asked by the Big East and * who sold the BE on your school w/o tjhat league apparently not doing their homework on your annual attendance numbers (which certainly ours need to improve & will with wins) but while SMU's has not improved with a bowl game and in the midst of your 2'nd winning season in a row.

Care to elaborate on any of this and especially the alleged attendance numbers for your Homecoming game last year? Was it those 500 to 1,000 fans that convinced the Big East that yall could deliver the #4 ranked TV makret in the USA?

* My guess is that ESPN and former SMU football player Craig James used his position in the market he works (New York) and made this BE project a challenge and the he became relentless as he fictionalized, juked, jived and said whatever it took to get SMU in the Big East (while there are probably more deserving schools who do not have to constantly lie about their attendance on a regular basis).

GMG!

I get you are real bitter about SMU going to the Big East but do you really think they only had 500-1000 fans? You are quoting a poster on another board and treating him like he has all the credibility in the world and that he wasn't exaggerating. I can say that UNT had 30k fans in the stands for FAU, will you believe that? Please post it everywhere, maybe it will help us get into CUSA. If you say it enough times it becomes true right? I get so tired of all the SMU bashing on here, I wish UNT would just worry about themselves and take care of their own business instead of constantly judging ourselves based on others.

• Upvote 2

NT has over 34,000 students right? Brand new stadium, new coach, stop the excuses. Better stop worrying about "Smut", and take care of your own business. Sounds like typical Liberal excuses...blame anyone and everyone...except the one in the mirror.

Haha wow, I was totally agreeing with you until you brought up politics. You must be very conservative, your name is DodgeFan. He's not coming back man, times have changed, its okay to make PROGRESS sometimes.

• Upvote 3

Surely he was exaggerating to make a point. And Plumm, if I've told you once I've told you a thousand times, quit posting exaggerations on this board.

But when "2" of the UH posters on the CoogFans.com messge board, uh, exxegerate(sp?)?

I love re-alignment talk and SMU bashing when they can't prove we (are UH alums for that matter) are wrong. The poor little rich kid who nobody' wuv's is just getting what decades of lying about attendance hath wrought, sorry. Some would lie when telling the truth would be so much easier.

One SMU home game that drew national attenation while you were probably still in swaddling clothes, MG93-98. was a Southwest Conference "classic" against Rice U when even the SMU attendance counter could not hide the glaring fact that they truly (in deed ) had only 5,000 for that game in the cavernous Cotton Bowl. Enter the Mustang Mania promotion the very next year and 300,000 free tickets given away for any single SMU home game the next Fall after their SMU /Rice game. One SMU/ Baylor game at Texas Stadium had 4 people trying to get in one seat! LOL!

Moral: This attendance thing with SMU goes way, way, way back.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

NT has over 34,000 students right? Brand new stadium, new coach, stop the excuses. Better stop worrying about "Smut", and take care of your own business. Sounds like typical Liberal excuses...blame anyone and everyone...except the one in the mirror.

Many of us supported the hiring of Coach Dodge. Todd Dodge showed us us all how to leave a job with class and even as he had nice things to say about UNT on his way out. His son Riley who laid it all on the field for North Texas was and still is a friend of many in this program and we wish only the best for both, but it was TD's 5 years at UNT tagged onto Darrell Dickey's last 2 losing seasons in Denton that set this program back and has us only drawing 20K per home game this season--"only 20,000?" Heck.............Big East school Cincy' Bearkats are only drawing 25K per home game now so just wait and see what Mean Green wins do to inflate our reall butts in seats. With Apogee I feel it will be more than dramatic.

DFW--a major sports market is a winners town and we will have our attendance once we get over this multi-season losing streak behind us, but as far as SMU is concerned they couldn' draw flies if they were a horse sh&t factory. That is why they feel they have to lie about their attendance, too, since a bowl team in its 2'nd winning season should be "lights out" at the turnstiles at present--but are not.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1