Texas Rangers taking a stand against the wave

Texas Rangers taking a stand against the wave

"There is nothing worse … than being stuck in a section with someone who is relentless in trying to get the wave started, especially if they're sitting in front of you," Holland said. "To me, doing the wave is basically giving the middle finger to the guys on the field. You're telling them you don't care about what's going on and that they are not entertaining you."

Lovely what is next? No heckling? No cheering.

Silly crap next thing you can't stand up and cheer without CSC telling they will remove you if you don't sit down.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Holland is exactly right. Nothing tells the players, "Hey, y'all are boring, so we need to create our own entertainment!" better than the wave.

Look folks, the wave is for kids under 10 or adults with short attention spans. If you're so bored at the baseball game, then you need to go to chuck-e-cheese next time. Let the rest of us watch and appreciate the guys who are playing the game.

• Upvote 1

I believe this is all a joke

I saw an interview yesterday where a person saying the actual ban was a joke but that they have had complaints from spectators.

It doesn't bother me either way and I've been going to Rangers games for the past 26 years, every year, all season long. Some would call the wave a tradition. It even stayed with the team after they switched to the new stadium.

I saw an interview yesterday where a person saying the actual ban was a joke but that they have had complaints from spectators.

It doesn't bother me either way and I've been going to Rangers games for the past 26 years, every year, all season long. Some would call the wave a tradition. It even stayed with the team after they switched to the new stadium.

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that was Chuck Morgan, the world's greatest PA man. I'm a partial season ticket holder and it is the most consistent whip -- not because it exists on it's own, but because of the timing. I agree it is fine in a blowout, but I've seen two games this year where it circles endlessly as the other team puts together a 3 or 4 run rally to come back and win the game.

I can't prove these occurrences are related, but I also can't *not* prove it either.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If it's the one I'm thinking of, that was Chuck Morgan, the world's greatest PA man. I'm a partial season ticket holder and it is the most consistent whip -- not because it exists on it's own, but because of the timing. I agree it is fine in a blowout, but I've seen two games this year where it circles endlessly as the other team puts together a 3 or 4 run rally to come back and win the game.

I can't prove these occurrences are related, but I also can't *not* prove it either.

The 10% of all upper 48% that believe it are shouldering 99% of the belief burden and if current wave trends continue then by the year 2025 our children's grandchildren's neighbors will be too impoverished to even stand, much less raise their arms, unless of course they have a jack-booted chinaman sticking a bayonet in their back.

If you know your ecunawmics and your historee, the facts are quite clear.

The 10% of all upper 48% that believe it are shouldering 99% of the belief burden and if current wave trends continue then by the year 2025 our children's grandchildren's neighbors will be too impoverished to even stand, much less raise their arms, unless of course they have a jack-booted chinaman sticking a bayonet in their back.

If you know your ecunawmics and your historee, the facts are quite clear.

I have something you need to read I found on the internet from the well known Bee BEE Cee.

Caution, you may find this upsetting: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8742454.stm

• Downvote 1

Yeah, timing isn't always great. I completely agree. I can think of a few situations it's the same at NT football games (cheerleaders) but I'm so used to it I guess I don't notice it as much. Plus I usually have my kids with me and they love it. I loved it as a kid. I've become a pushover as a parent. LOL

Holland is exactly right. Nothing tells the players, "Hey, y'all are boring, so we need to create our own entertainment!" better than the wave.

Look folks, the wave is for kids under 10 or adults with short attention spans. If you're so bored at the baseball game, then you need to go to chuck-e-cheese next time. Let the rest of us watch and appreciate the guys who are playing the game.

Grandpa approves:

grampa08.png

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth