Riley Dodge Update

Harry

Riley was fine here, just miscast as an FBS-level quarterback. It took a toll on him. He should make a fine FCS QB. I'd be just as happy to see Riley in Frisco playing in the FCS National Championship Bowl at Pizza Hut Park - that's what happened to the guy with three names who transferred from SMU to Eastern Washington.

People who transfer from UNT are by definition quitters.

People who transfer to UNT are wise young neb who have seen the errors of their previous choices.

Either that or walk up to George Odufuwa, look at him straight in the eyes, and call him a quitter.

I'm never quite sure whether you like me very much or not... But I definitely like you, sir.

+1

People who transfer to UNT are wise young neb who have seen the errors of their previous choices.

Either that or walk up to George Odufuwa, look at him straight in the eyes, and call him a quitter.

becuz george odufuwa grew up in southlake texas right?

it depends on the situation if they are a quitter or not ... if you think Riley was justified leaving North Texas then cool good for you! I think it was a weak way to go out.... gimme Brent Osbourne! i bet that kid grew up in a trailor and had to walk to school everyday... i dont have time to feel sorry for Riley Dodge...i wish him luck but theres a reason why hes at Mcneese St. now and its not for being Joe Montana or Troy Aikman

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 6

becuz george odufuwa grew up in southlake texas right?

it depends on the situation if they are a quitter or not ... if you think Riley was justified leaving North Texas then cool good for you! I think it was a weak way to go out.... gimme Brent Osbourne! i bet that kid grew up in a trailor and had to walk to school everyday... i dont have time to feel sorry for Riley Dodge...i wish him luck but theres a reason why hes at Mcneese St. now and its not for being Joe Montana or Troy Aikman

Are you actually saying you would stay somewhere if you had to hear your dad trashed every day by a bunch of people you think that actually know something? I believe at first RD did plan to stay around (at a young age you think you can take anything people might say), but once he started hearing the comments repeatedly it might have just been too hard on him, and his family.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3

GMG Guide:

"Quitter" - a player who leaves North Texas before their time here is done. Not a personal attack. Just a statement of fact of a player's status for any team we care about.

"Mean Green Athlete" - includes players who transferred to UNT to play for the only team that matters.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Reposted AGAIN for those who need it.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Believe it bro.

Well, “Bro”, thanks for taking the time to provide such an enlightening response.

I don’t agree with your, and others, belief that Riley was a quitter…….

But I do believe this………..

Those of you that feel this way, who keep badmouthing the kid – that you in a similar circumstance, with all that was swirling about him – would do EXACTLY what Riley Dodge chose to do!

I do believe that, Bro………

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2

Well, “Bro”, thanks for taking the time to provide such an enlightening response.

I don’t agree with your, and others, belief that Riley was a quitter…….

Those of you that feel this way, who keep badmouthing the kid – that you in a similar circumstance, with all that was swirling about him – would do EXACTLY what Riley Dodge chose to do!

Just because one guy jumps off a bridge doesn't mean everyone should. My mom taught me that early -- probably even before I fell out of her prom dress.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Just because one guy jumps off a bridge doesn't mean everyone should. My mom taught me that early -- probably even before I fell out of her prom dress.

If he does jump of the bridge, it's okay to label him a "jumper", not that there is anything wrong with that. It just means he jumped, regardless of his reasoning.

• Upvote 2

Well, "Bro", thanks for taking the time to provide such an enlightening response.

I don't agree with your, and others, belief that Riley was a quitter…….

Don't you ever call me "bro."

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 6

Sorry Bros

GMG Guide:

"Quitter" - a player who leaves North Texas before their time here is done. Not a personal attack. Just a statement of fact of a player's status for any team we care about.

"Mean Green Athlete" - includes players who transferred to UNT to play for the only team that matters.

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Reposted AGAIN for those who need it.

Bits < bits people for which people don't know the background.

Quitty Wilson, Quitovani Vizza, Quitley Dodge. All the same.

grandpa-simpson-yelling-at-cloud.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

My mother was a tailor

SHE sewed my new bluejeans

My mother was a tailor,

Sewed my new blue jeans.

My father was a gamblin' man.

Down in New Orleans.

Now the only thing a gambler needs is

A suitcase and a trunk.

And the only time he'll be satisfied

Is when he's on a drunk.

Think it depends on whose version you prefer.