North Texas Significantly Boosts Asst Coach Pay

ColoradoEagle

Man - this has been a major issue for me for close to a decade now. I am so pleased to see the school step up to the plate and invest in these assistant coaches. If you look at our history, every time we had a successful assistant coach we would end up losing him to another school. This provides us with coaching talent and experience but most importantly stability which is so very important. It says we are serious about having a successful football program at North Texas. I am grateful for the leadership at North Texas that helped to implement this huge increase in commitment. It will reap dividends! GMG!

I had guessed a little on the high side of that, but it's still easy to see that we are stepping it up to this level in a way we never have before. I'm looking forward to seeing it translate into success on the field.

Think about Canales...what was he like 90k last yr? Thats almost 100% of a pay increase (not a shabby raise after the 1st yr!). This is great to see and I cannot wait to see how it pans out to success as well!

If anyone needs a good reason...another good reason...to join the Mean Green Club (or to raise your current level of support), well here it is in all it's glory. If we want UNT to move ahead, WE will have to step up as well to help make it happen.

It really is way past time that UNT fans lost the attitude of "let someone else do it" because I can't afford it or because this or that happened to me while at UNT. Mostly, it is a matter of choice. You put priorities on what you consider important and you take action based on those priorities. I know it "hurts" from a financial standpoint at times...believe me I get it...but what I don't get is why some folks claim to be big time supporters and continue to provide small time help or no help at all. Giving back is a lesson that should have been learned in childhood, and it is a "learned" trait. Some folks are givers, some are not. Some just seem to want to enjoy what others provide. This is true in all walks of life, not just in giving back to one's school.

I find it very hard to believe that any gainfully employed fan of the Mean Green could not do something...at some level to help the program. The "program" and the university seem to be stepping up...new stadium...new HC...new assistant salaries...new development and Mean Club staff, new winning attitude across the athletic department, etc., etc. Time for all members of the Mean Green Nation to look in the mirror, do some soul searching and see if they can't help support this program.

I am not talking to simply those that post here on GMG.com because, for the vast majority of those who actively post here, they are already supporting the program with their $$$ and their talent and their time...they already donate to the Mean green Club and buy season tickets, but rather to the Mean Green nation as a whole. So, if that's the case, why post here? Well, because you know people who claim to support the Mean green or are graduates of the University of North Texas who do not give back...anything. We all know those people. One of the things we should all do is to go to those folks and ask that they consider once again being part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

There is no doubt that the administration and athletic department is doing their part...time for the Mean Green Nation as a whole to step to the plate.

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 4

If anyone needs a good reason...another good reason...to join the Mean Green Club (or to raise your current level of support), well here it is in all it's glory. If we want UNT to move ahead, WE will have to step up as well to help make it happen.

It really is way past time that UNT fans lost the attitude of "let someone else do it" because I can't afford it or because this or that happened to me while at UNT. Mostly, it is a matter of choice. You put priorities on what you consider important and you take action based on those priorities. I know it "hurts" from a financial standpoint at times...believe me I get it...but what I don't get is why some folks claim to be big time supporters and continue to provide small time help or no help at all. Giving back is a lesson that should have been learned in childhood, and it is a "learned" trait. Some folks are givers, some are not. Some just seem to want to enjoy what others provide. This is true in all walks of life, not just in giving back to one's school.

I find it very hard to believe that any gainfully employed fan of the Mean Green could not do something...at some level to help the program. The "program" and the university seem to be stepping up...new stadium...new HC...new assistant salaries...new development and Mean Club staff, new winning attitude across the athletic department, etc., etc. Time for all members of the Mean Green Nation to look in the mirror, do some soul searching and see if they can't help support this program.

I am not talking to simply those that post here on GMG.com because, for the vast majority of those who actively post here, they are already supporting the program with their $$$ and their talent and their time...they already donate to the Mean green Club and buy season tickets, but rather to the Mean Green nation as a whole. So, if that's the case, why post here? Well, because you know people who claim to support the Mean green or are graduates of the University of North Texas who do not give back...anything. We all know those people. One of the things we should all do is to go to those folks and ask that they consider once again being part of the solution instead of part of the problem.

There is no doubt that the administration and athletic department is doing their part...time for the Mean Green Nation as a whole to step to the plate.

GO MEAN GREEN!

I totally agree with you. If anyone is interested in showing your further support by joining the Mean Green Club please message me as I am one of the new Volunteer Rep's for the club.

• Upvote 2

I totally agree with you. If anyone is interested in showing your further support by joining the Mean Green Club please message me as I am one of the new Volunteer Rep's for the club.

Several of us in the board are Reps. For as little as $25/month for 5 months, people can become members. That's nothing.

Wow. Coach Gaines does not make much money for a supposed "ace recruiter". I hope he does a great job this year with the CBs so that he earns a raise.

I believe that he will. His coaching is probably somewhat of an unknown and he likely did receive a small raise from what he was making at Montana State.

If we have the anticipated success this year and Coach Gaines has played his part then I believe that he gets the first/largest raise. Raises make you feel as if you are improving your job performance.

Look on the bright side. It got him out of Montana to his adopted state where there appears to be a ton of upside in his situation.