4 Teams You Would Like To Home & Home With

All About UNT

I too thought CO State but at the same time we might as well play Colorado instead.

Yeah, I saw Colorado... but I've always liked the Rams much better than the Buffs... so it would make my inner-college-football-child happy

that was the only real out of state school I thought about

I used to love going out to Lubbock and beatin' the Raiders. Love to see that happen again.

Since SMU and Houston are done, my additional choices would be -

Army/Navy/Air Force or any combination thereof

Rice/UTEP/Baylor are inter-changable here, any in state mid-major (and don't argue with me about Baylor here) team.

Texas Tech

TCU - Because we should be challenging ourselves to be nipping on their heels.

Edited by yyz28

I used to love going out to Lubbock and beatin' the Raiders. Love to see that happen again.

Since SMU and Houston are done, my additional choices would be -

Army/Navy/Air Force or any combination thereof

Rice/UTEP/Baylor are inter-changable here, any in state mid-major (and don't argue with me about Baylor here) team.

Texas Tech

TCU - Because we should be challenging ourselves to be nipping on their heels.

K...another point on the Tech scenario

A.) Those were not home and home...they were 2 for 1

B.) Those games were held in Texas Stadium

just sayin

K...another point on the Tech scenario

A.) Those were not home and home...they were 2 for 1

B.) Those games were held in Texas Stadium

just sayin

...and both times we went to Lubbock, we beat 'em. Some of the best times I remember traveling with this team.

I think we have a little more to offer today than we did then. Maybe they would tell us to pound sand, but the question is who would you like to see a home and home with. We got them that close before some pretty good years and a brand new stadium. ...and all of the sudden, they aren't so hot. Might be a nice little match.

1. Would love to see each year a service academy (Army, Navy or Air Force)

2. Would like to see TCU and SMU and NT play each other so that whoever wins

two of the games is crowned the Metroplex Champion that year

3. The last team would like to see us play Oklahoma State

I hope we can keep the series with both Houston and SMU, but that will only happen if we can win our share of those games.

I think continuing to alternate the Army and Navy home and home series would be a great idea.

Here is my big team, and going after this team is a stretch. Nebraska! They are moving to the Big 10+2. They won't be playing any conference games in Texas anymore. I don't think the Big 12 -2 want their teams scheduling Nebraska. Nebraska still needs to keep a presence in Texas for recruiting purposes. They may be willing to play in our new stadium because the states of Oklahoma and Kansas separate Texas and Nebraska, so we should be able to accommodate the number of tickets their fans need.

Nebraska coming to our new stadium for a home and home series would generate local and national news coverage for our program, and set our expectations for other programs wanting to play us.

Like I said, it's a long shot, but shouldn't we at least try? Does anyone think it could work?

I think getting any these to play a recruiting game here is reasonable and would have enough 'name splash' to sell the place out:

Ole Miss

Kansas

Michigan State

Minnesota

North Carolina (home & home for FB, and a money opportunity MBB game at the Dean Dome ?)

Maryland

Syracuse

Especially the Rust Belt/Dairy Belt teams that have huge transplant populations down here already.

• Downvote 1