@Army

@Texas

@SMU

@Iowa

SMU

Tulsa

@SMU

@Iowa

NATIONAL CHAMPS FUTURE SCHEDULEShttp://nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/northtexas_future.htm

Edited by MeanGreen61
  • Upvote 4

Info from a combination of sites.

OC GAMES

@Alabama

@Tulsa

Houston

Indiana

@LSU

@Kansas State

@Houston

Texas Southern

@Georgia

@Ohio

Ball State

Army

@Tulsa

SMU

@Army

@Texas

@SMU

@Iowa

SMU

Tulsa

aSMU

@Iowa

NATIONAL CHAMPS FUTURE SCHEDULEShttp://nationalchamps.net/NCAA/future_schedules/northtexas_future.htm

Didn't I read that the game at Texas in 2014 has been cancelled as a result of the BigXII revamping its schedules resulting in BigxII teams having one fewer OOC game per season?

Hopefully we can do something about the 2012 schedule, since as scheduled we would not have 6 home games that season.

• Upvote 2

Didn't I read that the game at Texas in 2014 has been cancelled as a result of the BigXII revamping its schedules resulting in BigxII teams having one fewer OOC game per season?

Hopefully we can do something about the 2012 schedule, since as scheduled we would not have 6 home games that season.

I would not be surprised at all if we backed out of either the game @LSU, or @ Kansas St, especially if our home attendance is doing well. The buyout on our side is likely not very high at all, and could probably be offset by getting a good opponent in to Denton, and selling lots of tickets. 4 SBC games, and 1 against an FCS opponent is not a very good home slate.

As long as we are in the SBC we need one "money" game each year. For the next four they are Alabama, LSU, Georgia and Texas. I believe that the two Iowa games would also fall into that category.

Should we be able to change conferences whereby we could command more revenue from conference games then we might want to talk about rescheduling. Even with our nice new digs it's hard to get a 2 for 1 with a team that draws 80-100K every home game.

Why are we playing Texas Southern ?

My guesses:

1. It should be an easy W.

2. It should be a good warmup game to work out some kinks before facing tougher competition/beginning our conference schedule.

3. No return game.

4. Should get a pretty good crowd (see what happened when Grambling played at ULaLa).

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 1

I would not be surprised at all if we backed out of either the game @LSU, or @ Kansas St, especially if our home attendance is doing well. The buyout on our side is likely not very high at all, and could probably be offset by getting a good opponent in to Denton, and selling lots of tickets. 4 SBC games, and 1 against an FCS opponent is not a very good home slate.

I wouldn't mind seeing us buy out of the LSU game if we can get a good draw on a home game but I'd hate to see us exercise a buyout of the K-State game. They were gracious enough to be our final Fouts Field opponent with a one for one agreement. I wouldn't want to damage future scheduling with them for the sake of six home games. With the amount LSU pays they can always find some cannon fodder.

Edited by GrayEagle

At University of Florida-2016

Info from a combination of National Champs & Rivals Mean Green sites

OC GAMES

@Alabama

@Tulsa

Houston

Indiana

@LSU

@Kansas State

@Houston

Texas Southern

@Georgia

@Ohio

Ball State

Army

@Tulsa

SMU

@Army

@Texas

@SMU

@Iowa

SMU

Tulsa

@SMU

@Iowa

I don't care if we EVER play the Longhorns again.

After we had them beat, and the officials would not let it happen, I lost all desire to play Texas.

They can schedule Ohio State every week for all I care.

I agree that we should go to Kansas St.

They didn't look down their noses at us and came to Denton.

The word I keep hearing is that we don't play @LSU and such for the money, but for recruiting.

Kids want to hear that we are playing Alabama and Iowa, and not so much Louisiana Monroe.

I wouldn't mind seeing us buy out of the LSU game if we can get a good draw on a home game but I'd hate to see us exercise a buyout of the K-State game. They were gracious enough to be our final Fouts Field opponent with a one for one agreement. I wouldn't want to damage future scheduling with them for the sake of six home games. With the amount LSU pays they can always find some cannon fodder.

It was a 2 for 1 with KSU...

2008 - @ KSU

2010 - @ UNT

2012 - @ KSU

Edited by Mean Green Matt

that sucks...

Agreed. We really need at least one home game against a D1 non-conference opponent each year. Especially in the new stadium.

Also it appears that we have a two for one with Tulsa -- @Tulsa 12, 14. They don't come to Denton until 2016. That really sucks.

Having said that we couldn't have asked for a better 2011 home schedule.

I hope this gets fixed. We should play 2 home and 2 ooc games a season. We don't need 2 body bag games a season either. From this day forward, no more 2 for 1's.

I'd much rather watch us play schools like Memphis, Houston, SMU, Tulane, Rice, UTEP, and even LA Tech, then give schools 2 for 1's. 2 for 1's tell our fan base, the other schools fan base, and the college football landscape that we are not as important as the schools we are playing.

I don't like the body bag games either, but until we can better fund our athletics we don't have many options. As attendance increases, I'd hope these games become fewer. And, we should never have 2 in the same season.

• Upvote 2

Any possible options if we did drop off LSU in 2012 to get a ooc home game?

My wish list(not in any order, just off the top of my head)

-Texas Tech

-NMSU

-UTEP

-Rice (I want revenge & could be a good start of a rivalry) :growl:

-Maryland (the pirate, who might/might not have been considered for the helm at UNT)

-La Tech

-Southern Miss

TX State/UTSA- :whip: (Will be Div. 1 FBS in 2012)

Edited by LakeTravis