Brothers

Seems we have three brothers of current UNT players showing interest in UNT...Jude Akpunku, Will Fitzpatrick and Ellis Carey. I know that its not always the case that a kid brother follows big brother to school...but does anybody out there know if these three have been offered, or are of the caliber to be offered by UNT?

I certainly wouldn't mind another Akpunku or Carey on the roster...

Seems we have three brothers of current UNT players showing interest in UNT...Jude Akpunku, Will Fitzpatrick and Ellis Carey. I know that its not always the case that a kid brother follows big brother to school...but does anybody out there know if these three have been offered, or are of the caliber to be offered by UNT?

Jude AK

Will Fitz

Ellis Carey

One of the articles about Jude Akpunku said that Brandon is his cousin.

Correct!

I knew that I had read that somewhere. Jude is Brandon's cousin but his parents adopted him. It sounds like they have a great relationship.

Story

While the 6-foot-1-inch, 240-pound defensive end may intimidate on the field, he is the protector off it. The oldest of five siblings, AK has had eyes on him his entire life, none more important than his brother Jude. AK’s parents adopted his cousin Jude during his sophomore year. The little brother is now a starting defensive end at CHHS, continuing a history of following in his elder sibling’s footsteps.

Jeez, "shirley" the crowd who didn't get their way in the HFC's search won't hold a grudge until Judgment Day? If I post 'motherhood, apple pie, Chevy I still get a red number from coward corner?

Pardon my humility here, but I really do hate it when I'm right (just as some of you) most of the time when it concerns North Texas athletics. I guess being around all this for about 40 years gives any one with any degree of cognitive abilities (common sense?) a pretty good lay of the land and of the situation at hand? It's an easy read at North Texas but our leaders stumbled all over the simplicity of what was going on personnel-wise and quite frankly....they still are.

I could say why we've been where we've been most of the last 30 plus years but I'd have to list an entire freakin' army of names non-stop who've come and gone thru that Athletic Dept. almost like it was a department store at Christmas time to state that reason. What UNT powers could never quite figure out is that.........you become who you hire. Seems they really never knew who to hire and certainly never knew who to fire and when. NOTE: The amazing part to me is how the last 15 years a small handful in the Athletic Dept. had the audacity to go around acting like they were leaders of a surgiing Boise-like program when ours was the complete opposite in fact. And then.......as they persevered non-stop Mean Green mediocrity, could not get jobs elsewhere (except maybe Nowhere State) and worse the taxpayers get to fund their state of Texas retirements to boot?

I hope Dr. Rawlins will soon have his say on every bit of this because Coach McCarney is not going to be able to do this by himself. It will take a Mean Green village (and we have too many left-overs who don't deserve to be left-overs with Texas tax-payers funding their poor multi-year records of only one varsity team in the Top 50 since we met the attendance criteria back in 1994. I am not alone with these feelings, either.

Go for it ye who hide behind the red number and also don't bruise you keyboard fingers or get any of them caught in your skirt.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

Jeez, "shirley" the crowd who didn't get their way in the HFC's search won't hold a grudge until Judgment Day? If I post 'motherhood, apple pie, Chevy I still get a red number from coward corner?

Pardon my humility here, but I really do hate it when I'm right (just as some of you) most of the time when it concerns North Texas athletics. I guess being around all this for about 40 years gives any one with any degree of cognitive abilities (common sense?) a pretty good lay of the land and of the situation at hand? It's an easy read at North Texas but our leaders stumbled all over the simplicity of what was going on personnel-wise and quite frankly....they still are.

I could say why we've been where we've been most of the last 30 plus years but I'd have to list an entire freakin' army of names non-stop who've come and gone thru that Athletic Dept. almost like it was a department store at Christmas time to state that reason. What UNT powers could never quite figure out is that.........you become who you hire. Seems they really never knew who to hire and certainly never knew who to fire and when. NOTE: The amazing part to me is how the last 15 years a small handful in the Athletic Dept. had the audacity to go around acting like they were leaders of a surgiing Boise-like program when ours was the complete opposite in fact. And then.......as they persevered non-stop Mean Green mediocrity, could not get jobs elsewhere (except maybe Nowhere State) and worse the taxpayers get to fund their state of Texas retirements to boot?

I hope Dr. Rawlins will soon have his say on every bit of this because Coach McCarney is not going to be able to do this by himself. It will take a Mean Green village (and we have too many left-overs who don't deserve to be left-overs with Texas tax-payers funding their poor multi-year records of only one varsity team in the Top 50 since we met the attendance criteria back in 1994. I am not alone with these feelings, either.

Go for it ye who hide behind the red number and also don't bruise you keyboard fingers or get any of them caught in your skirt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Oh heck, guys, I was just kidding with that post just to up my red numbers. It appears I succeeded, too, because we know none of absolutely anything I said in that post was true, now don't we? :ph34r:

GMG!

PS: May your next 25 years of non-stop dumba$$ hires and bad management with those hires be nothing like most of our last 25 years and if they are...you will then know where some of us are coming from. We also have past media guides of those last 25 years for proof as well and FWIW...... I used up all my red numbers a long time ago. Some of you will to in time.

GMG ! !

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2