Change Of Subject - Is The Turf And Scoreboard Coming Across The Stree

stebo

When the new scoreboard was built - the articles claimed that it would eventually travel across the street to the new stadium. Is this still true? Maybe this is a reason for not building the scoreboard above the Wing Zone? Cost?

Also - this might seem crazy, but when we replaced the turf - I remember the articles stating that it would be moved to the new stadium, too. I really doubt that this will happen because it would essentially leave nothing over at Fouts; but has anyone heard about these two subjects?

Basically, I am wondering what type of video board we will have over there. Same one or new one?

When the new scoreboard was built - the articles claimed that it would eventually travel across the street to the new stadium. Is this still true? Maybe this is a reason for not building the scoreboard above the Wing Zone? Cost?

Also - this might seem crazy, but when we replaced the turf - I remember the articles stating that it would be moved to the new stadium, too. I really doubt that this will happen because it would essentially leave nothing over at Fouts; but has anyone heard about these two subjects?

Basically, I am wondering what type of video board we will have over there. Same one or new one?

I remember talking about this awhile ago. I thought the scoreboard might be used as a secondary unit. I think the plan was to have a new scoreboard that was one large screen that would provide the most functionality. I also thought it wasn't feasible or possible to put the old turf in the new stadium.

I recall RV stating previously that they would take the turf across the highway to use it on one of the practice fields. This would make sense to practice on the same type of surface that you play on. They could then let grass grow on The Fouts track and field stadium for the field events there.

I recall RV stating previously that they would take the turf across the highway to use it on one of the practice fields. This would make sense to practice on the same type of surface that you play on. They could then let grass grow on The Fouts track and field stadium for the field events there.

Then I think I heard back in the day that that Fouts Field turf would not be able to be peeled up and moved. I hope that was wrong since it is still in good shape.

And does UNT really plan on keeping Fouts as a Track & Field Stadium? If so, that doesn't show on the campus master plan which shows "no Fouts Field" albeit master plans can be changed.

Cant see why they would go to the expense for this. Afterall they will already have a turf field and two grass fields for practice just steps from the locker room.

Scoreboard and turf are staying at Fouts.

A reliable source that I trust told me that RV has already met with the same company that created the turf for Fouts. So we should be getting new turf similar to that at Fouts. As for the scoreboard, another source that I trust has told me we are getting a new board, and it will be bigger and nicer then the one at Fouts. How much bigger and nicer, I don't know. We will all know for sure in a few months.

A reliable source that I trust told me that RV has already met with the same company that created the turf for Fouts. So we should be getting new turf similar to that at Fouts. As for the scoreboard, another source that I trust has told me we are getting a new board, and it will be bigger and nicer then the one at Fouts. How much bigger and nicer, I don't know. We will all know for sure in a few months.

Will it have a High Def screen?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Word has it that the new LED videoboard will be larger than the entire green scoreboard, videoboard, and green metal paneling all together that is at Fouts now.

Word has it that the new LED videoboard will be larger than the entire green scoreboard, videoboard, and green metal paneling all together that is at Fouts now.

RV said before construction started that the new digital board would allow multiple options that can be constantly changed thruout a game: all video, inset video with some stats, some ads with video and stats, etc,