Mccarney On With Thr Musers At 8:55

MeanGreenDan

Very well done. I am liking his intensity and enthusiasm. I hope this translates into wins. If it does, I think this program may finally reach the potential we envisioned. I am marking it next year. 7 wins.

One thing that I did notice. He wants to be a team full of Texas recruits. Im fine with that, I just hope he capitalizes on his Florida pipeline he developed while in Gainsville.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That jackass Craig Miller said nothing but nice things. Anyone have any idea what his angle is?

Supposedly he was the K State game last Saturday? Next year we are opening up the newest stadium in Texas with the newest coach that has a long name dropping resume under his belt that has everyone a bit excited. NT will be the talk of the town so to speak that will surely garner the most attention in the Metroplex when the season approaches next August. So of course since the stadium and our revamped program with it's new coach will have Denton the place to be/seen/heard I expect we will see more of him.

Rick

• Upvote 1

Man, the ISU fans that have been on here were 100% correct. Every time McCarney speaks, he makes me want to drive to Denton and lead some cheers....

Yesterday I was listening to some of the press conference in my office and a coworker came into my office. He doesn't really follow the program but after about 3 minutes of listening to McCarney he says, "Man, I'M ready to hit somebody."

• Upvote 1

Loved hearing him on there. But I remember being this excited about the Dodge hire.

McCarney--30+ years in FBS football at the highest level. One year removed from MNC season. Big 12 division title. 5 bowls in 7 years.

>

Dodge--0 years in FBS football at the highest level. Stellar state HS championship record.

Does that help any? ;)

Edited by LongJim

McCarney--30+ years in FCS football at the highest level. One year removed from MNC season. Big 12 division title. 5 bowls in 7 years.

>

Dodge--0 years in FCS football at the highest level. Stellar state HS championship record.

Does that help any? ;)

FBS

Also, McCarney can claim a Big XII Coach of the Year on his resume.

FBS

Also, McCarney can claim a Big XII Coach of the Year on his resume.

I'd say that Dodge's high school resume was unprecedented. I too was excited about Dodge, but if you wanted a true proven COLLEGE coach, this is the guy. He won where you aren't supposed to win. His overall record was below .500, but if you look closer, you can't help but get jazzed.

If you're going to get technical, it's about 23 in Division 1A and an additional 6 in FBS.

DanMac is a stud, about as opposite of hire from Dodge you can make, he has coached in the National Championship. I think he will take North Texas to the Big Time, we are a very large school now and it is time our Football program reflected that.

DanMac is a stud, about as opposite of hire from Dodge you can make, he has coached in the National Championship. I think he will take North Texas to the Big Time, we are a very large school now and it is time our Football program reflected that.

Don't want to compare him with Dodge but, yes, Mac is a fiery stud. Exudes passion and confidence in a believable manner.

I liked the part where he said, "36,000 students! Are you kidding me?" and implied that he would go to virtually every student organization or gathering to build his fan base.

He says that there is no limit to where we can go. Size+market+success=better conference. He could be coaching again in the Big 12 without leaving his present position.

Don't want to compare him with Dodge but, yes, Mac is a fiery stud. Exudes passion and confidence in a believable manner.

I liked the part where he said, "36,000 students! Are you kidding me?" and implied that he would go to virtually every student organization or gathering to build his fan base.

He says that there is no limit to where we can go. Size+market+success=better conference. He could be coaching again in the Big 12 without leaving his present position.

Sounds like Hayden Fry thinking to me.... ;)

BTW, I listened to all of the D&M interview this morning. After listening to this guy talk a while, I thought..."I've heard that voice before". Later Junior Miller nailed it for me. He said that McCarney reminded him of the late Jim Wacker. I agree.

Probably the only time I'll ever agree with that OU wanabee.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Supposedly he was the K State game last Saturday? Next year we are opening up the newest stadium in Texas with the newest coach that has a long name dropping resume under his belt that has everyone a bit excited. NT will be the talk of the town so to speak that will surely garner the most attention in the Metroplex when the season approaches next August. So of course since the stadium and our revamped program with it's new coach will have Denton the place to be/seen/heard I expect we will see more of him.

Rick

Yeah, Junior was at the game Saturday. He walked right in front of me. He sat in the north endzone with one of his buddies.