Will Coach Maccarney Retain Deloach?

UNTMike81

I'm a big coach Deloach homer!! I believe Coach Deloach is a great defensive coordinator. Since coach MacCarney is defensive minded does coach Deloach become the scrap goat for yards and points give up by our defense this and in past years? Will Coach M. take into account injuries, and Todd Dodges offense which left our defense on the field entirely to long. UNT's defensive recruiting and over all talent pool on defense IE coach Deloach can't install the complete defensive package he might like or is capable of coaching if he doesn't have the personnel or they're injured.

Some have said on the board that coach Deloach doesn't like to hit the road and do home visits, or may not be that good at home visit if/when he goes on them. I don't know which is true or if above statement is true. I do believe coach Deloach is a good defensive position teacher and very good defensive coordinator.

From my perspective I hope coach Deloach is hired as defensive coordinator under MacCarney. I wonder how much time our new coach has been able to spend looking at film of our team. Hopefully our defensive recruiting with improve so the next DC can truly show his talent. I believe coach Deloach has been a victum of recruiting, injuries, and an offensive system that has kept his defenses on the field for way to long.

Your thought's?

• Upvote 1

I doubt coach mac will keep Deloach...he is already keeping Chico (thank God)and I think by keeping Deloach he would be keeping too much of the old coaching regime...we need a fresh start on defense and I am sure coach mac already has some very qualified defensive coaches he is planning on bringing in here

GMG! :D

I'm a big coach Deloach homer!! I believe Coach Deloach is a great defensive coordinator. Since coach MacCarney is defensive minded does coach Deloach become the scrap goat for yards and points give up by our defense this and in past years? Will Coach M. take into account injuries, and Todd Dodges offense which left our defense on the field entirely to long. UNT's defensive recruiting and over all talent pool on defense IE coach Deloach can't install the complete defensive package he might like or is capable of coaching if he doesn't have the personnel or they're injured.

Some have said on the board that coach Deloach doesn't like to hit the road and do home visits, or may not be that good at home visit if/when he goes on them. I don't know which is true or if above statement is true. I do believe coach Deloach is a good defensive position teacher and very good defensive coordinator.

From my perspective I hope coach Deloach is hired as defensive coordinator under MacCarney. I wonder how much time our new coach has been able to spend looking at film of our team. Hopefully our defensive recruiting with improve so the next DC can truly show his talent. I believe coach Deloach has been a victum of recruiting, injuries, and an offensive system that has kept his defenses on the field for way to long.

Your thought's?

DeLoach is a good man and good coach but will not be retained. I appreciate all he has done for North Texas and wish him nothing but the best.

Your thought's?

I think we need to seriously re-evaluate the English department at UNT.

Also, I like Gary D, but I don't think he keeps his job.

• Upvote 3

Deloach had a good run the first time he was here and he was obviously vastly superior to Mendoza. However, he has not performed in his second go around. Obviously lack of talent and maybe even neglect from the hc contributed to NT's poor defense. No one will ever know, but were Spencer, Kassel, Buckles, Kennedy, etc good because of Deloach or vice versa. I don't think he has a chance at staying and I do believe that McCarney can get a better dc. Deloach has been part of some great things at NT, but it is time for a change.

I think we need to seriously re-evaluate the English department at UNT.

Also, I like Gary D, but I don't think he keeps his job.

You've never heard of the Scrap Goat? He consumes his victums raw, and doesn't mind sharing his thought's about it.

Also, I think coach McCarney made it very clear in his presser that he wants dramatic improvements from the defense, so I seriously doubt DLo is retained.

Thanks for the memories DLo!

Your thought's?

This guy is a real D-1 D coach. No way is Deloach stayin! Get a grip!

I'm just going to throw this thought in this thread, but I've seen multiple threads saying you guys should keep this coach and that coach and yadda yadda. If you keep all of your previous coaching staff but change the head coach, your results aren't going to be that much different. Mac needs to make wholesale changes or else he's not going to get the results he wants. Heck, I wouldn't be shocked if the ONLY reason he kept Canales is because he wanted to unite the fan base. Most coaches want to come in and get their own guys and wash away the stink of the previous regime that failed. Let him bring in his guys, I can all but guarantee that Mac will bring in a good staff.

I will be very surprised if Coach Mac retains anyone from the remaining staff. He said that he would talk to them out of courtesy but I honestly believe that none will remain and that includes Nelson, whom he'd worked with for ten years.

He implied that he needs to select a new staff and had several in mind for each position.

He knew Coach Canales from South Florida. They see eye-to-eye on offensive philosophy and energy. I think that he retained him in appreciation of his exceptional job as interim coach, to unify the fan base, and for his knowledge of the current players. Mac likes his enthusiasm, and his ability to recruit and sell the community. He made an excellent first choice.

DeLoach is a good man and good coach but will not be retained. I appreciate all he has done for North Texas and wish him nothing but the best.

Per his news conference announcement meeting, Coach Mac will interview all our assistant out of respect and then do like most other coaches do and hire his people. We don't have Jerry Jones running this operation in other words.

Coach Mac will also want to hire proven recruiters, too, who will help us jump to the next level or 2 and he probably already knows just who they are going to be.

GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I agree with this 100%. Coach McCarney all but said so last evening. I think we saw the best of Coach DeLoach during his first stint at UNT. I never witnessed the same Coach this time around and his defense never played up to expectations. The guy can coach...and he is definitely a good guy...if he wants to remain in coaching he needs a fresh start elsewhere...it would be good for him and great for UNT. I often got the impression that Coach DeLoach came back here to "retire" after getting a couple of more years in the Texas retirement system.

I wish Coach DeLoach all the best, and I thank him for his time with UNT, but it is time.

GO MEAN GREEN!