Unt Vs Henderson State

Eagle-96

Concerns:

We have been a little sloppy with the turnovers. We have to be better with the ball and not go in thinking we can beat teams by just showing up.

We are a great free throw shooting team and have been for a while. We need to start acting like it as we should be up by a wide margin right now.

Upside:

We are playing some great in-bounds defense. I am very pleased with the backcourt pressur we are applying.

We are starting to pull away in the 2nd half by protecting the ball better and hitting our 3s. We need to make these kinds of runs and bury teams of a lesser caliber.

Wow. Welcome back Dominique. That is the shot in the arm we need.

• Upvote 1

Concerns:

We have been a little sloppy with the turnovers. We have to be better with the ball and not go in thinking we can beat teams by just showing up.

We are a great free throw shooting team and have been for a while. We need to start acting like it as we should be up by a wide margin right now.

Upside:

We are playing some great in-bounds defense. I am very pleased with the backcourt pressur we are applying.

We are starting to pull away in the 2nd half by protecting the ball better and hitting our 3s. We need to make these kinds of runs and bury teams of a lesser caliber.

Wow. Welcome back Dominique. That is the shot in the arm we need.

SCORE????? Please....

UNT wins 92-66...

Nice...

THAT'S what I'm talking about...way to go Mean Green. Now, the warm-ups are over...on to Texas Tech Tuesday. It will be so very great to see UNT whip the Red Raiders!

GO MEAN GREEN!

• Upvote 1

I was able to catch most of the game in between my shop and office on MGP until the feed crapped out...a couple of things I really liked aside from the obvious TT and DJ nights:

Tyler Hall's assertiveness. Walk-on guard getting essentially his first career action and he confidently jacks-up 4 3's and 6 total shots...finishes with 6pts, 2rbs, 2ast and 0TO. If Alzee is out for any extended period of time, I'm confident in Hall for 10 minutes a night. I'd much rather a walk-on be too assertive, than too passive...passive tells me scared...assertive and with the leash JJ gave him tells me he has confidence and he's at least knocking down some of those shots in practice.

Kedrick. Welcome back...great energy and toughness...with perhaps a bit more offensive polish with 11pts. Plus, 3-3 and pure from the line...lest we forget he's a career 44% FT shooter.

22pts, 14rbs, 5blks from the Hogans-Holman-Edwards troika tasked with replacing Trammy. I doubt one of those guys steps in and fills Eric's void by himself...but combined game lines like that will make me happy.

• Upvote 2

22pts, 14rbs, 5blks from the Hogans-Holman-Edwards troika tasked with replacing Trammy. I doubt one of those guys steps in and fills Eric's void by himself...but combined game lines like that will make me happy.

Yes. Sign me up for that kind of production from those 3 for the remainder of the year please!

In a perfect world, I would like to see a little more from Holmen and Edwards though.

• Upvote 1

Yes. Sign me up for that kind of production from those 3 for the remainder of the year please!

In a perfect world, I would like to see a little more from Holmen and Edwards though.

No doubt...Edwards at least looks the part...if the knee is a significant concern I wouldn't mind seeing him sort of saved up (read 10ish minutes) in OOC games like Rice, Texas State, Grambling...use him in the marquee OOC games and have him as fresh as possible for conference.

The stats I like from Holmen tonight are 8rbs (4 offensive), 2 blocks and only 1 3PT attempt.

Anybody else concerned over our slow start??

Yeah, we came back and kicked ass, but they played UGLY in that first half. They finally looked like the Mean Green with about five minutes left of the first half ... but man, it was nasty. We were behind much of the time ... but, after the half, it was like a different team.

And, I still defend my stance that Ben Knox is another tall awkward white guy.

• Upvote 1

I was most impressed by DJ and Hogans play this afternnon. Fun atmosphere with the elementary kids.

I agree. The kids did make it fun! There was a group of high school guys (I think) that were having just as much fun as the little kids. That was awesome.

And, I cracked up when (pregame) one of the Pit Crew guys yelled "BRETT VITO!" and got his little sheepish wave from Brett. Too cute.

and, even at 8'8, I'm not on the Knox bandwagon. (and why I made my comment - last BB season, I bagged on him and got about a dozen red negatives and lots of people fussing at me about him.)

• Upvote 1