Three Big Reasons For Franchione

Got5onIt

I'd be okay with him too, but I hope not for a bargain price. If it is, it will just tell people he is washed up. If we are going to get a big name like Leavitt, Fanchione, Mason - please pay him.

That's like saying the Big Mac would be better if you payed $5 instead of $2.49. We all know that special sauce is just as special at the lower price.

Biggest reason for Fran...

His last payout from A&M is coming up within the next few months and no longer has to make token attempts at looking for a job and instead would most likely start right away. How great would it be to have Fran be able to come in December before the non-contact period for recruiting right before the bowl games.

That would allow him to bring in his son at a coordinator postion and potentially poach some of the guys leaving Blinn such as Princeton Jackson, Alex Elkins, Justin Tuggle, Dextrell Simmons or Kip Daily all which are 3 or 4 star recruits on a very loaded Blinn team.

I am warming up more and more to the Fran idea and the concept that after 3 or 4 year Fran Sr. leaves and allows Fran Jr. to take over.

Now, we're talking! Get both Franchione's.

Remember, for all the folderol about Fran at A&M, he did beat Texas his last two seasons there with a squad that was supposed to be less talented that the 'Horns.

Overall, he had a winning record at A&M. He did what he could inheriting an Aggie program that he been outrecruited by Bob Stoops at Oklahoma and Mack Brown at Texas during the later part of R.C. Slocum's tenure.

But again, in his fourth and fifth seasons, with teams full of his recruited players, he beat Texas twice. You can't discount that.

Also, I could care less about the newsletter. All of those big programs have overzealous boosters. Most are better at hiding their backroom deals.

Fran wouldn't face that kind of pressure here.

My top picks are shaping up to be Leavitt, Fran, Bower, Ty Willingham and Karl Dorrell (who got screwed at UCLA). UCLA went to bowl games after each of Dorrell's five seasons there. Screw job. I think Dorrell's got something.

Now, we're talking! Get both Franchione's.

Remember, for all the folderol about Fran at A&M, he did beat Texas his last two seasons there with a squad that was supposed to be less talented that the 'Horns.

Overall, he had a winning record at A&M. He did what he could inheriting an Aggie program that he been outrecruited by Bob Stoops at Oklahoma and Mack Brown at Texas during the later part of R.C. Slocum's tenure.

But again, in his fourth and fifth seasons, with teams full of his recruited players, he beat Texas twice. You can't discount that.

Also, I could care less about the newsletter. All of those big programs have overzealous boosters. Most are better at hiding their backroom deals.

Fran wouldn't face that kind of pressure here.

My top picks are shaping up to be Leavitt, Fran, Bower, Ty Willingham and Karl Dorrell (who got screwed at UCLA). UCLA went to bowl games after each of Dorrell's five seasons there. Screw job. I think Dorrell's got something.

Look where some of the Blinn players have been going when they sign. If we can't beat out the Big 12 teams by recruiting high school students then by picking up both Frans we can utilize those connections to siphon off players we wouldn't have had a chance to recruit anyway.

Last year's Texas JC commits

I really like coach Fran if we can get him. He has the name recognition and success we need to lure in good recruits, and he has been a winner everywhere he has been. He lives in Texas, and would probably like being able to stay in state and coach. With so many players finishing after this season, we need a guy like Fran with a son at a top JC. If Fran wants to bring him in as a coordinator, I'm good with that.

The big questions are, do we have enough money to get him here? and can we hire him before some other school does? More coaches are going to be fired, and I'm sure his name will be on some of their lists.

I really like coach Fran if we can get him. He has the name recognition and success we need to lure in good recruits, and he has been a winner everywhere he has been. He lives in Texas, and would probably like being able to stay in state and coach. With so many players finishing after this season, we need a guy like Fran with a son at a top JC. If Fran wants to bring him in as a coordinator, I'm good with that.

The big questions are, do we have enough money to get him here? and can we hire him before some other school does? More coaches are going to be fired, and I'm sure his name will be on some of their lists.

It was posted somewhere else that he was a finalist for a HC job last year that paid around $300K. He didn't get it.

So, yes, I think we could absolutely get him here. As long as he still has the fire, I think it would be a good hire.

Biggest reason for Fran...

His last payout from A&M is coming up within the next few months and no longer has to make token attempts at looking for a job and instead would most likely start right away. How great would it be to have Fran be able to come in December before the non-contact period for recruiting right before the bowl games.

That would allow him to bring in his son at a coordinator postion and potentially poach some of the guys leaving Blinn such as Princeton Jackson, Alex Elkins, Justin Tuggle, Dextrell Simmons or Kip Daily all which are 3 or 4 star recruits on a very loaded Blinn team.

I am warming up more and more to the Fran idea and the concept that after 3 or 4 year Fran Sr. leaves and allows Fran Jr. to take over.

I have been thinking the same thing. It would give this program the continuity that it never has had before!

just asking but he was a flop at a&m, just 5 games over 500 in 5 years. any reason why? good coaches usually don't get fired, unless they abuse their players or screw their sectuary.

Not a problem if you don't get caught.

I image this happens much more than we will ever know.

• Downvote 1

just asking but he was a flop at a&m, just 5 games over 500 in 5 years. any reason why? good coaches usually don't get fired, unless they abuse their players or screw their sectuary.

A good and big time coach won't be a saint. You are making sound it all of these coaches are bad in character. Why don't you ever question the players? It is a shame that our society always has to lean one way in these types of matters. If you want to question the coaches then you need to equally question the players and parents because they are probably just as worse if not worse than coaches.