Jalen Jones Commits To Smu

SUMG

Good get for SMU.

Sorry, but I can't pat SMU on the back too much on the GMG.com board. Let the Ponyfans do that... So, I'm going to hijack this thread and make it about Mean Green basketball.

With our class ace Jordan Williams down at Kimball now, I'm hoping he gets into Jarion Henry's ear and convinces him to come up for a visit.

Are we not going after Keaton Miles? I haven't heard anything about him around here.

And finally, with the addition of C. Jones to go along with Trey Norris, are we still going after Trey Davis?

Good get for SMU.

Sorry, but I can't pat SMU on the back too much on the GMG.com board. Let the Ponyfans do that... So, I'm going to hijack this thread and make it about Mean Green basketball.

With our class ace Jordan Williams down at Kimball now, I'm hoping he gets into Jarion Henry's ear and convinces him to come up for a visit.

Are we not going after Keaton Miles? I haven't heard anything about him around here.

And finally, with the addition of C. Jones to go along with Trey Norris, are we still going after Trey Davis?

Good pick-up for SMU, I think they are pretty close on Cannen Cunningham as well. They have a very nice class coming together, much like UNT

Edited by HoopManX

Good get by SMU. Doh told him he'd be the go to guy his freshman year. I guess some people still buy what the used car salesman is selling

SMUs roster is pretty darn good heading into '11-'12, so I really don't see him as a starter, much less the go-to guy. At least, not right away. That will undoubtedly be the most the talented SMU team since Sasser/Ross/Davis/Hancock etc.

FWIW, there was no used salesman approach, Doh has had a good relationship w/Jones'family forever. What many don't realize is that Doh has relinquished the Xs and Os, and no longer runs the O & D. He's basically a figurehead that recruits now, which is very different than the past. Doh motivated and on the trail, as his primary responsibility, is a good look for SMU.

Cannen Cunningham commits to SMU. Doh has a solid class , throw in the 2 transfers that they got coming in I wouldnt be surprised if they are contending for the C-USA title in as little as 2 to 3 years

Our commits are ranked #7 and #24 on Texashoops.com rankings of the 2011 class. No SMU commit is rated that high. Not sayin...

Our commits are ranked #7 and #24 on Texashoops.com rankings of the 2011 class. No SMU commit is rated that high. Not sayin...

but but Cannen Cunningham has the highest national rating of any player in either class. Rivals has Cannen as the 94th best player in america, Jordan at 108 etc. Also, SMU doesn't have anyone outside the low 30s on texashoops, while UNTs PG of choice is a lowly 70 or so. Don't play that ratings game nonsense. They are both good classes, and both still have ships to give. Does SMU get to include London giles as part of the '11 class, cause he transferred in, and that's when he's eligible. He was top 15 on texashoops.com in 08. What about Troy Alexander, he transferred in as well, isn't even on scholarship, and was Top 20 in texas in 08 etc. Guess what, none of that crap matters, just know both programs got kids who can play and help immediately

• Upvote 1

but but Cannen Cunningham has the highest national rating of any player in either class. Rivals has Cannen as the 94th best player in america, Jordan at 108 etc. Also, SMU doesn't have anyone outside the low 30s on texashoops, while UNTs PG of choice is a lowly 70 or so. Don't play that ratings game nonsense. They are both good classes, and both still have ships to give. Does SMU get to include London giles as part of the '11 class, cause he transferred in, and that's when he's eligible. He was top 15 on texashoops.com in 08. What about Troy Alexander, he transferred in as well, isn't even on scholarship, and was Top 20 in texas in 08 etc. Guess what, none of that crap matters, just know both programs got kids who can play and help immediately

Don't you guys call me traitor...but if he can bring points to the table he can brings points to the table

True, but SMU's kids get to play for Coach Doh so that should drop all their ratings while our kids get to play for JJ which raises their ratings and we come out ahead. Doh equals Trilli, just look at the hair!

I think we see who can be baited. :-)

Honestly I think either school (and fan baae) would covet any of the kids in either class. I hope both finish very strong (as long as we get a big that we're after and at least one more solid guard). Now, about that whole playing eachother thing...

I assume that Cunningham liked the idea of picking up a nice paycheck for the next four years (and I don't mean the scholarship)...plus I did not see anywhere that he had an offer from us...but it seems as though the "offer lists" are not always accurate or up to date...

Regardless, he will be a good player...for SMU. :rolleyes:

Am I missing the thread on you guys worrying about WKU's class? What a weekend that school had in hoops recruiting

They had a good weekend, but none of those players are CUSA material...right? :P

Or, do you only question the quality of players that UNT recruits? Surely not, ya'll claim that up on the hilltop you are not concerned with the lowly school up north...right?...:ph34r: