New Member Positioning Statements

I've been reading the board for a few years and signed up a few days ago, so I thought I should introduce myself and let people know what I think of some of the major controversies/threads that have been going on here.

I get the impression that I'm the UNT fan in Denia, but I don't think the true haters are as numerous as some seem to think. Most people, like most people in Denton as a whole, just don't care.

I think Dodge should be fired the instant a winning season is mathematically impossible.

I think we need to go get a name guy to replace him, a al Coach Fran, who I prefer to Leach.

I like windmills.

Just thought I should be up front about these things.

--Pedro

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

I've been reading the board for a few years and signed up a few days ago, so I thought I should introduce myself and let people know what I think of some of the major controversies/threads that have been going on here.

I get the impression that I'm the UNT fan in Denia, but I don't think the true haters are as numerous as some seem to think. Most people, like most people in Denton as a whole, just don't care.

I think Dodge should be fired the instant a winning season is mathematically impossible.

I think we need to go get a name guy to replace him, a al Coach Fran, who I prefer to Leach.

I like windmills.

--Pedro

What um....do you like your gig?

• Upvote 5

I LOVE IT!!!

This thread should be pinned...and each new member can use it to introduce themselves to everyone.

I have been posting for years...but here goes...

Hi everyone, my name is NCMeanGreen....and I post on the GoMeanGreen.com board.

(They say the first step to recovery is admitting the problem??)

• Downvote 1

I like windmills.

--Pedro

Hey Pedro, welcome aboard! I wish more fans would come out as you have done especially being a Denian such as yourself. I met a lot of GMG lurkers/fans last Saturday who have yet to come out so to speak so your courage is respected and appreciated here. GMG!

I like windmills.

--Pedro

You've been lurking for years? We'll you've got a lot of pressing issues to catch up on. I'll throw a lucky 13 off the top of my head......

1. UNT vs. North Texas?

2. Eagle Claw - How many fingers and should we care?

3. What should be on our Helmet?

4. Green jersey? White jersey? Pants? Shoes?

5. What's up with the 'tail' on the new stadium?

6. Scrappy or Eppy?

7. Kelly Green, Hunter Green, Booger Green?

8. WAC? C-USA? Build the Belt?

9. Did Fry kill the program by leaving the MVC?

10. Where's the 3-D Eagle?

11. Tired of "Fly like an Eagle"?

12. Are the band routines boring or just really complex arrangements?

13. Bring back the flying worm?

Edited by MeanGreenTeeth
  • Upvote 4

1. UNT vs. North Texas?

6. Scrappy or Eppy?

1. North Texas

2. 3

4. Scrappy

4. Yes to all

5. Badass

6. Why not both? Isn't Eppy just Scrappy's dad?

7. I like Kelly Green... but I'm colorblind so what do I know?

8. Blow my brains out.

9. Insert Jake Z. drop.

10. No such thing.

11. Yes and No.

12. Yes.

13. As an alternate for sure.

welcome. we will now proceed to attack you relentlessly.

Surely the sweet and genteel brotherly love that exists on GMG.com would not permit such a thing.

You've been lurking for years? We'll you've got a lot of pressing issues to catch up on. I'll throw a lucky 13 off the top of my head......

1. UNT vs. North Texas?

6. Scrappy or Eppy?

Well, not that many years. I was in school during the bowl years (boy, did I know what year to graduate from high school, or what?) and started lurking towards the end of that time, but I will try.

1. Six of one, half dozen of the other.

2. I was trained with two fingers and thumb, but I think this is a generational issue. Similarly, my Dad hates the Redskins and is merely irritated by Philly; I hate Philly, but am merely irritated by the Redskins.

3. SOW

4. Are you gay? ARE YOU GAY! I love you.

5. We're going to host The Krispy Kreme Bowl

6. Scrappy, Eppy sounds stupid

7. I have bad eyes, I can hardly tell the difference

8. Build the Belt, but mostly build ourselves. My pipe dream about conference realignment is long and complicated. If you really want to know I can send the entire chart to you.

9. Before my time, no ability to have a rational opinion, not like that stops some.

10. No idea.

11. Never.

12. I've been in a 12-step program for ex-marching band members for a decade now. I shouldn't start talking about that.

13. It can stay on the car wash sign on Eagle Dr.

• Upvote 3

Hey Pedro, welcome aboard! I wish more fans would come out as you have done especially being a Denian such as yourself. I met a lot of GMG lurkers/fans last Saturday who have yet to come out so to speak so your courage is respected and appreciated here. GMG!

Thank you much, Harry.

I'll never understand why some of my neighbors are adamantly against any and all things UNT. How many neighborhoods out there have a Division 1 athletic complex in them? Take advantage of what you have, I say.

• Upvote 1

1. North Texas

2. Three, just like a real eagle's talon.

3. SOW (white on a green helmet)

4. Green home; white away; white home and

away; black or dark green.

5. Temporary attention-getter

6. Scrappy

7. Emerald green

8. "New" Southwest Conference or CUSA

9. No, the MVC was dying when we left

10. Near the Lyceum?

11. Never, it's timeless

12. Both. I wish we'd mix it up...a little script writing, a little SWAC, a little military, etc.

13. No, it was great in that era but that era has gone

Thanks. Enjoyed the questions.

I like windmills.

--Pedro

Since you've identified a major problem in the first bolded text, I've decided to get off the fence and behind Coach Fran, a la the second bolded text.

By the way, I'm Dwayne, barely know where Denia is, and have never really cared. Also, a problem with indifference is that it's considered really difficult to change. And, I've always liked windmills more than Don Quixote.

At first I misread the thread title. Thought it said "New Member Poisoning Statement" and then saw you were from Denia, and were out to kill off board members!

Now that it appears you come in peace, welcome (I think). :unsure:

You bring up an excellent point that the Chuck Neinas report overlooked in his decision that UNT should focus marketing more on Denton than DFW: "Most [Denia] people, like most people in Denton as a whole, just don't care."

I'll give tis a shot: I'm a current student for what it's worth

1.UNT

3.Green with white UNT and most current eagle design in white arranged like TCU helmets

4.Green on green home; white on white road

5.It's cool until expansion time. Then fill in that endzone and double deck the student side and possibly add small bleachers to AC endzone so that the team has a tunnel to run through. (I think tunnels are good)

6.Scrappy although I hate mascots because they are annoying and SG(jake-z drop)

7.Current green (i guess thats kelly?)

8.C-USA but eventually I would love a redone version of old SWC

9.Mark that under who gives a S

10.Same as answer to #9

11.MEH

12.MEH

13.MEH

P.S. for what it's worth I think that TD should be given another year if for nothing more than the fact that he was promised a new stadium when he took the job and because of the ridiculous amount of injuries this year. Plus it would be a beating to start all over with a new coach and Franchione is a spare!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

Are there any of you in El Paso, TX? I have found 4 UNT fans here so far and one is a former player. Would be fun to get some watching parties together (not sure about this seasone!)

Asking the obvious: have you met El Pasi Eagle? I am from EP, but do not know him personally.

I head out their occasionally for family stuff, but will never move back.

Well, not that many years. I was in school during the bowl years (boy, did I know what year to graduate from high school, or what?) and started lurking towards the end of that time, but I will try.

12. I've been in a 12-step program for ex-marching band members for a decade now. I shouldn't start talking about that.

How about 2001? I marched baritone

I still remember sharing that US-shaped flag on the field of the NO Bowl with the CSU Ram band. Good times

Also, we did an arrangement of America, the Beautiful in Texas Stadium in remembrance of 9/11. I think our football team was playing TTech? Anyways, that arrangement was incredible.

The halftime shows that season certainly carried so much more meaning than any other.

I'll give tis a shot: I'm a current student for what it's worth

1.UNT

3.Green with white UNT and most current eagle design in white arranged like TCU helmets

4.Green on green home; white on white road

5.It's cool until expansion time. Then fill in that endzone and double deck the student side and possibly add small bleachers to AC endzone so that the team has a tunnel to run through. (I think tunnels are good)

6.Scrappy although I hate mascots because they are annoying and SG(jake-z drop)

7.Current green (i guess thats kelly?)

8.C-USA but eventually I would love a redone version of old SWC

9.Mark that under who gives a S

10.Same as answer to #9

11.MEH

12.MEH

13.MEH

P.S. for what it's worth I think that TD should be given another year if for nothing more than the fact that he was promised a new stadium when he took the job and because of the ridiculous amount of injuries this year. Plus it would be a beating to start all over with a new coach and Franchione is a spare!

:mellow: