Let's Tailgate It Up This Saturday

KingDL1

We need to open a can of Tailgate this weekend, last home game we got off to a slow start. It was freaking hot and Humid.

My group should be setting up by 12:00pm Noon this Saturday, with what should be awesome weather. The only distraction is the Texas - OU game.

I am working on my menu now.

See you Saturday.

We'll be there...my bride and I will be helping at the Alumni Tailgate area as well...we need some help with our scholarship project this season...if you haven't seen the Fouts Field Farewell Tour Mugs, posters and t-shirts the Denton Chapter is selling to raise scholarship funds, PLEASE stop by and take a look.

Posters are only $5

Mugs are $11

and

T-Shirts are $15

All proceeds go to scholarships for UNT students...there is a "package deal" if you want the set.

Many thanks to all who have come by and helped out so far this season.

GO MEAN GREEN!

Finally got my menu figured out:

Starting out with Brats soaked for 24 hours in beer grilled until nicely browned but still plnety juicy enough to flavor the bun, also try some Yankee BBQ Marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts grilled to perfection with a slice of swiss to make a perfect chicken sandwich. Now my show piece of the week a combination of my mesquite smoked slow cooked brisket and pecan smoked slow cooked pulled pork, hand shredded and combined in my home made BBQ sauce for a shredded meat paradise in your mouth. Good straight up or on a roll.

Experimenting with home made black bean and cheese tamales.

John is making his slow cooked chicken wings that he will finish off on the grill to a browned New York treat, John is from Rochester, NY, they really know their wings screw Buffalo.

The wild card is Bundy and I have no idea what he has in mind even if he told me. Whatever he makes it is going to be great.

Finally got my menu figured out:

Starting out with Brats soaked for 24 hours in beer grilled until nicely browned but still plnety juicy enough to flavor the bun, also try some Yankee BBQ Marinated boneless skinless chicken breasts grilled to perfection with a slice of swiss to make a perfect chicken sandwich. Now my show piece of the week a combination of my mesquite smoked slow cooked brisket and pecan smoked slow cooked pulled pork, hand shredded and combined in my home made BBQ sauce for a shredded meat paradise in your mouth. Good straight up or on a roll.

Experimenting with home made black bean and cheese tamales.

John is making his slow cooked chicken wings that he will finish off on the grill to a browned New York treat, John is from Rochester, NY, they really know their wings screw Buffalo.

The wild card is Bundy and I have no idea what he has in mind even if he told me. Whatever he makes it is going to be great.

holy effing shiat...i've got a woody!!! where exactly do we stop by for the food?!?!?!?

are you the one with the big ass black smoker/grill right by the entrance to the mean green village?

holy effing shiat...i've got a woody!!! where exactly do we stop by for the food?!?!?!?

are you the one with the big ass black smoker/grill right by the entrance to the mean green village?

Tailgatting.pngFind this sign and you are at the spot.

Edited by KingDL1

I am not much of a cook, so I cannot practice what I preach...but if you see a ULL fan and are proud of your food, invite him/her to have a taste.

I got fed by about 5 different tailgates last year, and turned down that many more from food overload.

My favorite conference road trip...UL.

GMG

:thumbsup: Yep, it's mine as well. Rick and I sampled their hospitality several years ago. Damn! those people know how to tailgate!

As they are fond of saying down there

......"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez"

...... B)

Where's the nearest TV going to be in the Tailgate area? I've got a big texas guy in tow with me tomorrow. I'll have to scope you out King. I won't crash your food party, but I'd love to meet you -

...and go easy on my bud who's gonna be dressed in Texas gear. He's buyin' a ticket, so...

A douche is a douche...and you'll be boarder-line by association...especially if you're trying to arrange watching for him.

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! TastyGreek CBL chimes in again with complete and fullproof ignorance.

I must also add, watching you get all pissed off in the forum is pretty hilarious AND totally made my day!!!

Prepare to see this a few more times today as this is golden fodder.

• Upvote 2

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! TastyGreek CBL chimes in again with complete and fullproof ignorance.

I must also add, watching you get all pissed off in the forum is pretty hilarious AND totally made my day!!!

The smaller type size is deceptive...at first glance I thought the last word was 'shower'...

• Upvote 1

We have a new meme.

I love it.