Top Ten Games In Fouts History

UNTLifer

7 of those 10 games are against regional opponents. :rolleyes:

8 of 10 are after RV brought tailgating to NT, so that says a lot about what that has done about the total gameday experience fans get.

• Upvote 2

4 of the top 10 attended games happened in the Dodge era with a team that was just terrible.

Tell me again how we can't draw over 30,000 to the new stadium, cause I just don't get that.

I understand that your comment is pointing out that the stadium will be too small.

However, I see this as a positive. If UNT can generate enough buzz (via winning) that the new stadium sells out constantly, then RV and the rest of the AD staff will be in a position to begin charging more, or dare I say...charging students to come to the games. That would generate more revenue and get us started on expanding the stadium!

UT/A&M charge $100's for "all sports" passes. If UNT can build enough excitement around campus, I don't think students would scoff at paying $50 - $100 for an "all sports" pass. Maybe I'm off though.

What do those of you who are students think?

If the product on the field were good enough to consistently sell out a 30K seat stadium, would you pay $100 for an "all sports" pass (you're basically paying for football and getting all other sports for free)?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I understand that your comment is pointing out that the stadium will be too small.

However, I see this as a positive. If UNT can generate enough buzz (via winning) that the new stadium sells out constantly, then RV and the rest of the AD staff will be in a position to begin charging more, or dare I say...charging students to come to the games. That would generate more revenue and get us started on expanding the stadium!

UT/A&M charge $100's for "all sports" passes. If UNT can build enough excitement around campus, I don't think students would scoff at paying $50 - $100 for an "all sports" pass. Maybe I'm off though.

If the product on the field were good enough to consistently sell out a 30K seat stadium, would you pay $100 for an "all sports" pass (you're basically paying for football and getting all other sports for free)?

I agree on your comments about the potential for a packed 30k stadium to create a greater buzz than a half-full 50k stadium. However, I'm a little reluctant to put the premium on students entering the game, at least in the short term. As it is, the athletics fee will probably need to be raised within the next few years.

If we actually get to the point where demand is greater than supply, the AD can raise ticket prices, raise the required MG Club donation levels for premium seating, etc. The burden does not need to fall entirely on the students.

But you are right--having a stadium slightly on the small side could be a big part of funding its own expansion.

• Upvote 1

I agree about not putting the entire burden on the students. Maybe down the road after the stadium has been expanded to 50K and we are filling it up on a consistent basis. The students have committed to a much larger fee on top of rising tuition costs as it is, and they account for roughly 50% of the home attendance as it is today. I think starting to charge them for an "all sports pass" at this time could be counter-productive. Besides, it is time for more of our 100,000+ DFW alumni to step up and contribute.

Thank you CMJ for posting these attendance numbers. I doubt we will be in a conference with Baylor of TCU in the near future, but this just goes to show what a regional conference/schedule would produce as far as attendance figures go. RV as said for years that a paid home attendance average of 25,000+ would allow us to eliminate a body bag game.

• Upvote 1

this just goes to show what a regional conference/schedule would produce as far as attendance figures go.

It actually shows what fans think about our conference opponents since 1995...not much.

Fouts was expanded to 30K in 1994. The Top 9 games in attendance were all since that expansion and return to 1-A football in 1995. However, only one (1) was a conference game. Of all the conference games we've played since 1995, Big West and SunBelt, only the FAU game last year topped 23,000...and it was homecoming.

Point being our fans will show up to see good regional teams like a Tulsa et al (CUSA), but ULM not-so-much. Now that we have proven it with factual data, how do we provide it? Threats, bribery, cash?

If the WAC idea is too Wacky, I'm OK with that. But we need a plan that makes us the desired next CUSA addition over La Tech, Muts, FAU, etc. How can we ensure that or what can we do as fans outside of building a new stadium, more attendance, and winning again?

• Upvote 2

I notice none of the teams from the Big West who have gone Wacy are on the list. So much for the thought playing them would help attendance.

Other then we have not played any of those teams at home since the turn of the century, and since tailgating was added.

• Upvote 1

For Pete's sake, let's not turn this into another conference thread. Please?

I wish the stadium had been built at 40k expandable to 60k. This would have also help with what all those other threads are about. But I'm not griping. I was just merely pointing out that if we start winning 7-10 games a year (completely doable with the scheduling now occurring), you will see the new stadium over full every game.

Wouldn't it be great if in 3 years, I could be on here griping about how little vision the AD had because the stadium was already in need of expansion.

I doubt UT or A&M have manitory student athletic fees. At $10 an hour and that can go up to $20, NT students will be paying more than you are suggesting. UT and A&M are programs that want to actually limit student attendance were they can sell more expensive tickets to non-students.

I'm afraid that with the K-State game being 2 days after Thanksgiving that it might hurt attendance with a lot of people out of town or with family.

Yes, but it's the last game at Fouts.

Many will come just to see that and help :blowup: Fouts after the game! :D

Edited by NT80

I can tell you that the K-State game being on Thanksgiving weekend is not a good thing for me or other far away, out of town Mean Green fans. The wife has already given me "the look" <_< when I mentioned going to the KSU game. We have family coming in for Thanksgiving so it will be a challenge to drive to Denton that weekend.