Missouri To Big 10

MCMLXXX

I'll be glad when all the speculation is over and something actually happens...one way or the other. Too much talk and too little action for my blood! It's time to either crap or get off the pot.

One thing you have to consider also, is that the Big 10 prides itself on athletics AND academics. Currently all 11 members of the Big 10 (including The University of Chicago) are all part of the AAU. The members that are listed to be part of the Big 10 are all members of the AAU. So it would be a win win for all of those involved.

One thing you have to consider also, is that the Big 10 prides itself on athletics AND academics. Currently all 11 members of the Big 10 (including The University of Chicago) are all part of the AAU. The members that are listed to be part of the Big 10 are all members of the AAU. So it would be a win win for all of those involved.

Not sure who you're confusing them with (Northwestern maybe?), but the University of Chicago is definitely not in the Big 10.

Chicago is not in the Big 10 but it, along with all of the Big 10 members comprise the Committee on Institutional Cooperation (CIC). The CIC is the chief academic benefit that comes from Big 10 membership because it facilitates collaborative research among faculty members of member institutions and broadens academic opportunities for students at the schools. I did my graduate work in the Big 10 and was able to seamlessly take classes at two other Big 10 institutions that was fully covered by my tuition waiver. For members of the Big 10, the CIC is a big deal and will be a key draw for potential new members.

Humm. Well, 16 schools does seem to be the goal for the future Big 10(16). They definately want the NYC media market and closer teams for Penn State.

Nebraska seems like a reach but it was said in another article they don't get along with the Texas schools and if Colorado leaves for the PAC10 I can see NU making the change just for the security and increased revenue.

That would leave the SEC looking at adding 4 also to keep up (and their commish said they would!); rumored to be in favor of OU, OkSt., Texas, and A$M.

Then the scramble would be on. If the PAC10 does as expected and take Utah and Colorado could they too be looking at 16 total or the MWC trying to get a Tech, Baylor, Kansas, KSU et al?

It will be interesting when the changes start. UNT may be left in the dust of the SuperConference formations but could eventually join up with the remaining dustmites and finally form a new SWC.

Edited by NT80

It will be interesting when the changes start. UNT may be left in the dust of the SuperConference formations but could eventually join up with the remaining dustmites and finally form a new SWC.

north texas will be left in the dust. there is no way we can compete nor join the superconferences anytime soon. it is what it is and the school will keep on trucking. north texas will be competitive with schools like itself.

north texas will be left in the dust. there is no way we can compete nor join the superconferences anytime soon. it is what it is and the school will keep on trucking. north texas will be competitive with schools like itself.

What are schools like "itself"? Houston, TT, Okie State, and many other large state schools? Granted, we are behind in the athletic perception world, and that needs to change, but let us just hope that Dodgeball kicks in this year, and that JJ ball hits the next level. All of this has to happen ASAP if we are to be considered in anything that could be construed as moving up in the world. Let's hope that our time has finally come.

• Upvote 1

What are schools like "itself"? Houston, TT, Okie State, and many other large state schools? Granted, we are behind in the athletic perception world, and that needs to change, but let us just hope that Dodgeball kicks in this year, and that JJ ball hits the next level. All of this has to happen ASAP if we are to be considered in anything that could be construed as moving up in the world. Let's hope that our time has finally come.

You forgot about attendance. We have to have more people show up. 18,000 a game isn't going to help us improve our standing on the college football landscape.

In fact, what attendance average would make other conferences take notice?

Maybe 28,000?

We will draw over 20,000 for Rice, FIU(homecoming), Troy, and Kansas State. If we get some nice weather for the other October games we could easily average over 20k this season. I don't think attendance is as critical as having the product on the field being competitive and maybe pull an upset or two...that's what other fans (and AD's) notice.

• Upvote 1

We will draw over 20,000 for Rice, FIU(homecoming), Troy, and Kansas State. If we get some nice weather for the other October games we could easily average over 20k this season. I don't think attendance is as critical as having the product on the field being competitive and maybe pull an upset or two...that's what other fans (and AD's) notice.

I think our attendance and competitivness on the field go hand in hand. We were posting solid attendance numbers until we went on the road and tried to run the option out of the endzone against Troy. After that game our fans didn't really come out.

You forgot about attendance. We have to have more people show up. 18,000 a game isn't going to help us improve our standing on the college football landscape.

In fact, what attendance average would make other conferences take notice?

I think if they saw Fouts, 18k with a team that has a better chance of being struck by lightning than winning a game would be impressive.

Edited by ColoradoEagle
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2