Whoa, Look At This Crazy New Site!

UNTflyer

I tried to vote this down, but was told:

Action failed: You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day

I guess the quota is currently zero.

:lol:

Yes we are still setting those up. We have to set those limits or when members get angry they can abuse it.

I tried to vote this down, but was told:

Action failed: You have reached your quota of negative votes for the day

I guess the quota is currently zero.

:lol:

Reminds me of that line in Jaws when the shark makes its first appearance, and Roy Scheider says "You're gonna need a bigger boat."

You can receive reputation points based on the content and overall opinion of you by the membership on the board. There will be levels of points that accumulate to give you a certain level or status on the board. For instance if you get 50 positive votes you may get a trophy or special image/avatar that appears. Conversely, if you go to -50 you could have a negative avatar or image. This option is not set in stone and will likely need some tweaking but I think it could be fun and will reward the posters that bring good content. I personally don't think that my votes would go to only those posts that are pro UNT but rather to those posters that are well thought out, witty, funny, timely and interesting. This isystem is different from the old one in that the old one just rewarded total numbers and not necessarily quality. Anyway I will provide more details on this system once I get all of the settings in place.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I just gave you a reputation point Tasty Greek. Right now, every member has the ability to give 10 positive rep points and 5 negative points per day. If we need to change that over time we can but that seems like a good starting point to me.

• Upvote 2

For instance if you get 50 positive votes you may get a trophy or special image/avatar that appears. Conversely, if you go to -50 you could have a negative avatar or image. This option is not set in stone and will likely need some tweaking but I think it could be fun and will reward the posters that bring good content. I personally don't think that my votes would go to only those posts that are pro UNT but rather to those posters that are well thought out, witty, funny, timely and interesting.

Can this be one of the positive avatars?

nostradamus.jpg

• Upvote 1

I just gave you a reputation point Tasty Greek. Right now, every member has the ability to give 10 positive rep points and 5 negative points per day. If we need to change that over time we can but that seems like a good starting point to me.

I'm a generally negative person. Can I be allowed 10 negatives and 5 positives instead?

Also, FYI, I'm having a little trouble sending PM's.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I like the look of the new board. I know the color tweaking is still going on, but all of the different shades of green remind me of shopping for UNT t-shirts at the on-campus bookstore!

Thanks for the hard work on the new setup.

Nice. Now I can get my GMG.com fix on the itouch. Will try that tonight.

Is the color scheme entirely setup by the admins?...or is there a way to change the light grey text that looks to be the default? It's hard to see on this white background.

...or should we just wait?

Hang tight I am working on getting that text darker/fixed.