I Guess I Saw A Different Game

NorthTexan95

After a rough first quarter I saw UNT play better than they have in years. The offense ... the defense ... they put it all together for most of the game. Yes, I was pissed when we lost and I threw my headset into the wall. However, I came away excited about the future of this team. Overall we're playing better than at anytime last year and we're playing better than we were in week 1 of this year. If we keep playing this well and correct a few of the mistakes we'll win some games this year and be better next year.

Yes, I saw all the mistakes but I saw all the positives as well. Even after the loss I feel better about this this than I have at anytime over the past few years. This is still a very young team with a bright future in my eyes.

After a rough first quarter I saw UNT play better than they have in years. The offense ... the defense ... they put it all together for most of the game. Yes, I was pissed when we lost and I threw my headset into the wall. However, I came away excited about the future of this team. Overall we're playing better than at anytime last year and we're playing better than we were in week 1 of this year. If we keep playing this well and correct a few of the mistakes we'll win some games this year and be better next year.

Yes, I saw all the mistakes but I saw all the positives as well. Even after the loss I feel better about this this than I have at anytime over the past few years. This is still a very young team with a bright future in my eyes.

True points, But when you are in a weak conf... Your ability to be better and win, should improve overnight. The fact that we played well, means nothing, when you lose to a bad team.

True points, But when you are in a weak conf... Your ability to be better and win, should improve overnight. The fact that we played well, means nothing, when you lose to a bad team.

If you mean La Laf is a "Bad Team" you are wrong...didn't they beat Kansas State this year? I didn't check this out...just relying on memory. If I'm wrong I'm sure I will be corrected....

If you mean La Laf is a "Bad Team" you are wrong...didn't they beat Kansas State this year? I didn't check this out...just relying on memory. If I'm wrong I'm sure I will be corrected....

K State beat UMASS by FOUR!!!

They did beat K-State. It's too bad K-State isn't good this year. I don't see Kansas making a bowl game this year either. The Iowa St/K-State game may have gone into overtime had the PAT not been blocked.

1 / I'm tired of the young team excuse. Every player on every team in the country is young ( execpt that guy on Ball St). For those who still use that excuse , does that mean in 3 years from now when most of our "young" team has graduated it will be okay to be a losing team again because we will be "young" again ?

2 / Does it bother anyone else that we played so well and still lost ? At this rate we are going to have to play perfect in order to beat anyone ( except maybe WKu)

3 / I do think we have improved , but when we were so so terrible over the past few seasons is being a little improved really anything to be happy about ??

4 / Dodge will be here next year no matter what so I'm still going to support him and the team , but if we aren't bowl eligible next year his ass better be gone

1 / I'm tired of the young team excuse. Every player on every team in the country is young ( execpt that guy on Ball St). For those who still use that excuse , does that mean in 3 years from now when most of our "young" team has graduated it will be okay to be a losing team again because we will be "young" again ?

2 / Does it bother anyone else that we played so well and still lost ? At this rate we are going to have to play perfect in order to beat anyone ( except maybe WKu)

3 / I do think we have improved , but when we were so so terrible over the past few seasons is being a little improved really anything to be happy about ??

4 / Dodge will be here next year no matter what so I'm still going to support him and the team , but if we aren't bowl eligible next year his ass better be gone

1. Yes, we are no younger than other teams we play against.

2. We played well outside of 5 plays... 3 ints, 1 fumble, 1 blocked kick. You don't have to play perfect, but you can't turn the ball over 5 times and have 2 of them lead directly to TDs.

3. Yes, it is something to be happy about... this losing shit is almost over.

4. Dodge will be here, and that is a good thing. I do not want this school to get into the habit of changing coaches like underwear. We can't afford it, and we sure as hell won't attract great coaches if they aren't given time to build.

I thought we would lose this game bad going into it. I wanted them to grab it and they did. Then they handed it back ala mode.

After a night of sleep I checked myself and thought - okay - turn this and get a win and the wins will continue to come. I hate careless football like Riley can sometimes play, but fact is we have 4 home games that we will be in - get a few Ws and this hurts less. However ohio and lala two of the toughest since 1988 in austin.

GMG

No white flag here!

You missed Bob Tyler. HE was the worst in school history and there is no one else even close to him!

Tyler was fired for off the field issues after one year so he may be the worst coach in history but his one year record was great compared to Dodge's first two years. I am not sure why an one year coach is brought up as a comparison to Dodge.

1981 (2-9)

9/5 ........L .....Kentucky ............................. 6-28

9/12 ......L ..... SMU # .................................. 7-34

9/19 ......L .....Texas .................................. 10-23

9/26 ......L ..... UL Lafayette ...................... 11-34

10/3 ......L .....OKLAHOMA STATE % ..... 0-9

10/10 ...W ...NEW MEXICO STATE .. 38-16

10/24 ...L .....UT-ARLINGTON % ........... 6-7

10/31 ...L ..... S. MISSISSIPPI .................. 0-22

11/7 ......L .....Auburn ................................ 0-20

11/14 ....W ... UL Monroe ....................... 17-14

11/28 ....L ..... San Jose State .................... 16-28

Edited by GrandGreen

Bob Tyler's winning % = .181

Todd Doge's winning % = .172

Tyler's avg score = 10 - 21

Dodge's avg score = 22 - 44

Just sayin...

One HUGE difference. The Dodge era isn't over yet. Dodge may fail and eventually be fired but the book isn't closed yet. There's still the opportunity to turn his record around. From what I saw this past weekend I'm very hopeful.

One HUGE difference. The Dodge era isn't over yet. Dodge may fail and eventually be fired but the book isn't closed yet. There's still the opportunity to turn his record around. From what I saw this past weekend I'm very hopeful.

Anyone done any numbers on what the percentages are of coaches turning around programs into winners are after the start we have had?

How about numbers on the chances if the coach doesn't go 6-6 in their third year?

Just curious....I am quite certain we go 6-6 this year though so it is probably a mute point.

Anyone done any numbers on what the percentages are of coaches turning around programs into winners are after the start we have had?

How about numbers on the chances if the coach doesn't go 6-6 in their third year?

Just curious....I am quite certain we go 6-6 this year though so it is probably a mute point.

Well, DD did it (only 2 games better at this same point)....so we've got history behind us.

Guest JohnDenver

Well, DD did it (only 2 games better at this same point)....so we've got history behind us.

DD actually did it one year later, though we did get to the bowl game, we ended the season with a losing record 5-7.

Our patience is depleted because we have to account to DD's last two seasons, where he went 6-16. Add that to Dodge's record and it is enough to push believers into the non-believer camp. The builders to the imploders. The passive to the aggressive. The patient to the impatient.

It blows. Give it this season.. The whole season. I am trying my best to remain optimistic.

I keep hearing how people still see 6-6... for the life of me I don't see it.

What God's green earth do you see that will get us there?

We might be able to win against WKU, Army, and FIU/FAU. But, with our inconsistency i don't see how we can win all of them... Just a couple.

Tyler was fired for off the field issues after one year so he may be the worst coach in history but his one year record was great compared to Dodge's first two years. I am not sure why an one year coach is brought up as a comparison to Dodge.

What happended ? I've never heard this before , it was before my time